• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tumor is Jotarowned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotaro

Banned
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=34199

I got earlier today the radiologist's report about my latest MRI. Actually, it was just my endocrinologist talking to me, but as I didn't cared about her (since she mostly sat on her laurels), I ordered for a verbatim instead or her misleading paraphrases. So I got the paper, and I read, it, and holy fuck, it's a whole, whole lot bette than in my wildest dreams. :)

The tumor (and it's disastrous collateral damages done to my senses described in the above thread) was one inch wide and applied pressure on both my optical nerves, my chiasma, and my hypophysis. According to the latest MRI, the pressure on everything is gone and the tumor almost completely shrinked. Also according to it, absolutely no harm whatsover has been done to any of the vital components in my brain. That was the thing I was the most afraid of: brain damage (brain cells don't regenerate). Nothing was even harmed, it's all intact. So I will never get a neurosurgeon playing in my head to remove that shit. Unfortunately, every medal has got a reverse. A surgery, albeit easy (nasal in this case) could have meant instant relief. In this case, there will not be instant relief, and it does not gives me anything more precise about the precise time I will get cure. What it's telling me, however, if that it's absolutely guaranteed that a cure is possible, and that when I am cured I will have a perfect health.

I already gained everything else (overweight, lack of facial pilosity, etc) back, all that remains is my senses. But it's the most important of all. All that matters, in fact. So now, I must get back to work with a neurologist (I can't believe on how canadian healthcare can be awful and Google your best friend) to find the exact specific way to remove the neuropathical pain, which has been spawned from the tumor undiscovered for years, and bad medication given for 5 and a half years by clueless doctors who did not knew jack shit. It's a Columbus' egg: it's easy, but you've got to think of it.

All the problems described in the thread remain (if you dare reading this novel), I still suffer more and more day by day, I'm still morbidly alone, all out of love, I pretty much can't do anything because my senses forbid me from doing so, I'm stuck in my house. The thing that scares me the most is that someday, I might get too alone, sad and I will not be able to deal with pain anymore. In the past, fortunately, I have shown incredible determination as to not end my days and stay alive. Looks like it's payback time. I cannot predict when it will happen, but it will and it's the greatest news in my life, after seven years of pain and sorrow, I will get my life back. The soonest think that will happen might getting out of the extreme hyperacusis I have (the worst state I can think of, I seriously do not wish this upon anyone) because the pills I had to take to make the specific hormone that was overdosed and thus spawned the tumor I can take no more now, and it's becoming no doubt that it was the cause of this. I missed out on all of 2004's music, tough that can be a good thing.

Oh, this pill cost 16 canadian bucks a pop, I have to take four per week, all payed out by the government. So I'm happy to say you Canadians (and especially Quebecers, since in Canada healthcare is of Province juridiction) will be paying slightly less taxes because of this.

I'm already beginning to think about what I will do when I will ge cured: since I lived in theory for more than a year now, I will of course need to experiment the best life has got to offer. Of course, that means doing nothing but watching more DVDs, animé, TV, videogames and music, but I might actually think of getting out of my house and not adopt an otaku lifestyle. And guys, I'm clueless on what to do, and thus asking in the same vein for advice.

And, as all problems remains in these final steps before the TKO against my healthstate, I'd still want some advice, and the thing that seems to work best is communication with great people. Since there are many great people in here, my contact info is in my profile, and you'll be welcome to talk to me.

I sure hope to get cured in time for the Dragon Warrior 8 and the Legend of Zelda releases. I might even be patient enough to wait as long as the release of Duke Nukem Forever. ;)

demi

Jotaro said:
I will of course need to experiment the best life has got to offer. Of course, that means doing nothing but watching more DVDs, animé, TV, videogames and music, but I might actually think of getting out of my house and not adopt an otaku lifestyle.

jam6dd.gif

That's how life is meant to be lived! FUCK EVERYONE ELSE

...otaku lifestyle?

See I told you everything would turn out good for you! KEEP IT UP

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rock on dude. Maybe over time your Optics etc will readjust to their new found breathing room. Hope the symptoms ease off for you.

this case, there will not be instant relief, and it does not gives me anything more precise about the precise time I will get cure.

Do you mean that there will be no instant cure because the tumor has shrunk and no relief of symptoms? Ask your neuro guy if it's just your brain like, I dunno remembering pain or something (like when a guy get's his leg cut off but still feels it) I would still be trying to get that thing removed dude, no matter how small. Cmon, easy nasal surgery. DO IT.

Good luck, I'm off home now, but I will read more later.

Jotaro

Banned
Chrono said:
That's awesome. :D

Keep us updated and tell us when you're cured!

That will still be a long fight.

Catfish: the tumor is now so insignificantly small it does nothing and it's just an insignificant thingie in my head. A nasal operation would not help at all, it would actually be worse and useless, because playing 'round the hypophysis is still dangerous. I learnt that if I'd have a surgery done on me, people had waited too much so the tumor would have fossilized and it would be even trickier.

That's exactly what you descriged, it's called neuropathical pain, and we're working solely on that from now on. But it's gonna be trickier than usual cases because of the meds given to me in the past. The one i'm taking right now for that will have to get dropped because it keeps my senses going worse daily and it's making me numb to good medicine. Then after the Dostinex will be stopped, well things could get interesting and unsuspected.

Demi: about that last sophistic phrase in your post, I believe I "Nintendo" and that payed off. I will keep on doing that. :lol

Mugen

Banned
Wow man, this is great news. But then again, if you decide to stop being a nerd then go ahead in full speed. Take up sports, go out, sleep around... AND send the DVDs, games and anime this way d00d!!!

demi

no no send them to meeeee

And if you are ever able to watch movies again, you must watch Shaun and Spaced OH MY GAWD. At least enjoy these sexy things when you get life going again!

Jotaro

Banned
Matlock said:
kcop.jpg

good news, man

I have IMG tags disabled and I recognized it was a Kindergarden Cop picture before I clicked on the link, so I wondered what the hell you meant until I enabled them temporarily. :lol

As for others, why must opportunism prevail on even the most unappropriate situations? :lol

I don't buy many DVDs because I prefer to rather hold on until HD-DVD or Blu-Ray versions come out of them so I don't buy them twice. So I mainly buy classics, cult movies and anime, or at least underground films.

Demi: Actually, I was about to buy Shaun of the dead, because it was in a 2-pack with another movie for only 19 CAN bucks, but then I realised it came bundled with a remake that I'm sure I will consider a tragedy if I ever view it. Because I own all three Romero's Dead Trilogy films (I have the special editions for all of them), and altough people found it funny, I can't see on how Shaun could ever compare to my beloved Bob and Hare Krishna zombies, featured in this trilogy that Shaun of the Dead rips-off big style I'm sure.

(also, were not you supposed to reply to me via pm about these magazines offers?)

Anyway if anyone would like to recommend me DVDs I'd appreciate it. I buy DVDs nearly since the format was introduced, and I'm still buying new releases (in vein of what I have said). Here's a partial list, many old purchases are not listed. As you can see I have very broad tastes. ;)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=forsakensaturn

demi

Please don't use the word rip-off! I like homage better.

And I read your PM, just thinking of a witty reply.

Matlock

Banned
Jotaro said:
I have IMG tags disabled and I recognized it was a Kindergarden Cop picture before I clicked on the link, so I wondered what the hell you meant until I enabled them temporarily. :lol

It's the only Arnold quote that would apply to this thread. :)

Jotaro

Banned
Matlock said:
It's the only Arnold quote that would apply to this thread. :)

It's funny, I had insomnia so I just slept sporadically, that thing made me think back of the movie. The guy who dubs Arnold in the french dub also dubs Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell games if I recall correctly. I dreamed of the flick, I found it oh so cute, I really liked the dub. So I woke up, I went online, I had to buy something more to get free shipping on the Malcolm X special edition that was released today.

And Kindergarten Cop fit the bill, even if it's not widescreen at least it's open matte. I can't wait to hear the english dub, the prank calls will be a whole lot funnier after that. :lol

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Awesomeness!

Great news mate, maybe you can get a puppy when you are feeling better :p

Feel free to PM me again if you want to talk about anything I might add you to my MSN but I don’t use it much (only to talk to friends in traveling America and a few who live Vancouver) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom