• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch announces 24/7 Food channel with Julia Child Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
this ep is killing me BibleThump all the poor fishies

The oven is horrified

B8328Ac.png

GavinGT

Banned
I hope that the next time Twitch does one of these, they choose someone that's still alive. I want to see the host's reaction to the Twitch chat in real time.

.JayZii

Banned
God are we going to be inundated with Julia Child memes now? As if Bob Ross ones weren't enough.
Think of it as a way to relate better to your parents/grandparents.

Bob Ross and Julia Child have always been cultural memes, they are just being introduced to a newer generation.

Think of it as a way to relate better to your parents/grandparents.

Bob Ross and Julia Child have always been cultural memes, they are just being introduced to a newer generation.

Lol I'm not as young as that. I've grown up watching Ross & Julia on PBS.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It will be interesting to introduce old styles of cuisine to "millennials".

Julia Child's is a badass though.

So...much...cream and butter.

How are French people still alive?

eh, this was before the war on fat, and usually ordinary French food isn't as rich. This is old school system style of cooking.

you can definitely tell about today's food diversity, even if the prices are not counting inflation.

Chris R

It's so weird seeing her cook something that would be done in a totally different way today, like seasoning the meat only after it's been cooked.

Froli

This didn't fly so well on Twitch (less than 4k viewership) compared to Bob Ross epic marathon . The black and white film doesn't help at all and it's just bland to watch.

If it's the iron chef series or Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations , I'm betting there will be a huge viewership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom