• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch you have a problem and should be ashamed of it

Armadilo

Banned
Watching it right now and I don't get why she's still streaming. If she feel she gets harassed all she needs to do is to just stop streaming.

Like I was saying, they act and feed the trolls. Some might say who cares but come on do we need that kind of stuff in the gaming community ?

StayDead

I thought this thread was going to be about the varying delay on most streams or maybe the fact quality options are abysmal, or maybe even the fact twitch for most people in Europe is unwatchable due to the lag, but yeah I guess the thing in the OP is bad too.

jeffers

The donations get read by that voice program and their either swears for the streamer and just plain terrible stuff but these streamers never turn it off because they respond to these trolls and thus more donate

so you arent trying to protect either party, you are upset at the circular practice?

that stream linked is so weird.

NeonBlack

They make them pay a minimum of $5 to insult them with an emotionless robot voice, sounds like an impressive come up to me. I saw that stream as well but I also saw that she kept streaming and didn't do anything to stop the donation sound. I know there are male streamers as well that have text-to-speech donation sounds and are trolled too.

My friend linked me to this:

http://www.twitch.tv/helenalive

It's fucking weird.

This is what I don't get. Just cut the donation sound or stop the stream.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I thought you were gonna talk about the fact that twitch seems to make it impossible to view their content from outside europe and the US?

Armadilo

Banned
so you arent trying to protect either party, you are upset at the circular practice?

that stream linked is so weird.

I just don't like that stuff, I said the first time I saw this going on I thought the streamer was attacked by these trolls and I even reported it to twitch and they actually contacted her while she was streaming to make sure she was Ok

I just think it's pathetic that Twitch let these streams happen and go on, they just serve no purpose on a game live streaming platform like Twitch. I just want people to find out that this is going on and nobody has said or done anything about it until now.

Not sure if you're serious here, this has been talked about on GAF a bunch of times before.

Anyways, as long as they're not breaking Twitch's TOS on nudity, I have no issues with them. Troll streamers are functionally no different from personality streamers. Plenty of male streamers use text-to-speech as a way of channeling Twitch's abusive and attention grabbing nature into $$$, but you never hear people complaining about them.

Mechazawa

And this is Twitch's problem how exactly?

The streamer gets harassed because she is allowing trolls to do so to rack in money. Who gives a shit if she's making money out of assholes?

Presumably there are also sympathy donations mixed in there from people that don't know better, which is where the line crosses for me.

Dineren

Banned
While I think these streams are stupid and Twitch would be better off banning these streamers and the trolls, you can easily just ignore it. Just go to a different stream, it's not that hard.

NIN90

dude i fucking love nosleeptv

capturef9q6z.png

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Twitch search and discovery options are completely crap though, these types of girls streaming are certainly not in the top half lol. But seriously even as someone who is not looking for stuff like this finding a new/stream less than 100 or so viewers is way to much of a chore on twitch.

But yeah just don't watch/click them. Its how I survive twitch.

I believe there was a change of rules of conduct a while ago due the "boob cpm" girls.
It isnt as rampant as it was before i think.

Gbraga

If they're into this shit and making money out of it, and if the trolls are having a blast donating to hear the computer voice saying carrot, then what the hell, win-win, let them have their fun.

What the fuck, haha.

It's funny because she's such a bad actress, too. Through the insults, she somehow finds the strength to power through her game and keep the stream open until she "loses her channel" and it'll be "their fault". She's smart for doing this and she'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I honestly never realized how much money these YouTube/Twitch people could make until I saw a few "My New Car!" vids on YouTube. These jokers are buying Corvettes and GTRs. It's bananas.

Nekofrog

Banned
1. you're mad because it's a business model that people are smartly taking advantage of and you cannot

2. it's the same thing as violence on TV in the 90s -- if you don't like it, don't watch it

you're the problem, not them.

The people who feed into the harassment aren't the ones donating. It's the people who don't realize it's an act who are putting the money in.

100% completely false. the donators are the people who are in on the joke.

Halabane

A bit unfair. Its not just women doing this. All of them are essentially making fools of themselves to make money. Rarely (though I am sure there is some) is their game play and useful commentary. Its usually all about who followed, donated or resubscribed and whatever foolish thing they can eat, get drunk or wear. I get it. Anyway you can make money and do it legally is fine. Shut ins and people who can't make friends or whatever in real life its a useful service for them. The twitter host will make them feel part of something. Not much different than TV or talk radio.

Frankly I think the whole will implode on itself one day, probably something real bad will happen and people will run away. For me I only use it for esports maybe a good D&D group. The rest is like bad amateur TV. And no one is making you watch it. So if it offends then just click to some place else.

Tenebrous

It's funny because she's such a bad actress, too. Through the insults, she somehow finds the strength to power through her game and keep the stream open until she "loses her channel" and it'll be "their fault". She's smart for doing this and she'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I honestly never realized how much money these YouTube/Twitch people could make until I saw a few "My New Car!" vids on YouTube. These jokers are buying Corvettes and GTRs. It's bananas.

"Boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner."

It's pretty amazing because you know she's acting.

Akai__

Facepalm at the linked stream. Turned it off in an instant...

Wished Donation alerts would be banned from Twitch.

So fake crying girl is taking advantage of guys harassing her channel with abusive comments, or in other words: troll exploiting trolls?

Sounds awfully like win to me!

Presumably there are also sympathy donations mixed in there from people that don't know better, which is where the line crosses for me.
I really don't have sympathy for people who are giving someone money just because she looks sad, specially with some of the fakest crocodile tears I've ever seen

HEY DAD IT'S ME
ME, YOU KNOW ME
I'M INA PINCH AND I NEED MONEY

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
A bit unfair. Its not just women doing this. All of them are essentially making fools of themselves to make money. Rarely (though I am sure there is some) is their game play and useful commentary. Its usually all about who followed, donated or resubscribed and whatever foolish thing they can eat, get drunk or wear. I get it. Anyway you can make money and do it legally is fine. Shut ins and people who can't make friends or whatever in real life its a useful service for them. The twitter host will make them feel part of something. Not much different than TV or talk radio.

Frankly I think the whole will implode on itself one day, probably something real bad will happen and people will run away. For me I only use it for esports maybe a good D&D group. The rest is like bad amateur TV. And no one is making you watch it. So if it offends then just click to some place else.
Nonsense, there are plenty of top streamers who play games nearly constantly with a small facecam who also happen to be incredibly good at video games.

Armadilo

Banned
I would say that's it's not good because these trolls will just do this type of stuff on another female stream, someone that just want to play games on twitch will get harassed for what ?

SilentRob

this! if I was a chick I'd do the same thing.
A) Guys are horny and girls know this.
Grimløck;175073667 said:
titties

whatever. girl's gotta get paid
Take away those girl "streamers" and how else will I be the biggest D of the month?

Man. Yeah. All those bitches using their tits to make money this way. It's despicable.

Like this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKO-IOqT0U0

Or this dude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM0-VovwXsg

Or him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9GetszIWM

Or this bearded person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur69gng_8zk

Or this individual with a penis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8hZgVtVys

Disgusting, I say.

Also, that girl you just linked could very well have a nervous breakdown right there on camera. Or not and it's fake.
Either way you probably shouldn't make even more people aware of it. There is absolutely no way that's going to end well, no matter the reason.

So fake crying girl is taking advantage of guys harassing her channel with abusive comments, or in other words: troll exploiting trolls?

Sounds awfully like win to me!

It's a great hustle lol. If she was really bothered she would just stop the stream. It's that simple Instead of "Thank you for your donation.... I'm getting kicked out of my own roooooooom"

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean like, even on the helena stream she's constantly struggling to hide her laughs and smiles at the troll donations.

you seriously need to stop worrying about what other people are doing to make money.

bryanee

Some of the stuff they are saying in those messages is fucking horrible. Why the hell is she putting up with this shit?

Is she in on it? She's being kicked out of her own home? Why not just disable that voice thing and read messages that aren't typed in by cunts?

1. you're mad because it's a business model that people are smartly taking advantage of and you cannot

2. it's the same thing as violence on TV in the 90s -- if you don't like it, don't watch it

you're the problem, not them.

100% completely false. the donators are the people who are in on the joke.

let's bring back that annoying crazy frog advert which was on tv every 30 seconds because that worked too.

Top Bottom