• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch you have a problem and should be ashamed of it

Feltrol

Banned
Some of the stuff they are saying in those messages is fucking horrible. Why the hell is she putting up with this shit?

Is she in on it? She's being kicked out of her own home? Why not just disable that voice thing and read messages that aren't typed in by cunts?

She wouldn't make as much money otherwise.

Wavebossa

Agreed. Towards a better Twitch.

Better for you =/= better for everyone who uses the platform.

Twitch police out in full force in this thread.

She knows exactly what she is doing and is clearly fine with doing it. Same with the donators. If she wasn't she wouldn't have set up her donations that way.

I would say that's it's not good because these trolls will just do this type of stuff on another female stream, someone that just want to play games on twitch will get harassed for what ?
Oh you mean those female streamers that can turn off donation voices at the flip of a switch if wanted?

These reading bots exist for the sole purpose of baiting trolls

Nekofrog

Banned
let's bring back that annoying crazy frog advert which was on tv every 30 seconds because that worked too.

this comparison makes no sense and you should feel bad for making it

Lirik is proof you don't even need a face.

hi im gosu is one of the top league streamers and doesn't have a cam and has never spoken once in any twitch stream, youtube video, or form of media. nobody knows anything about him and he's still a top streamer for gameplay alone.

like, there are so many people making a living off twitch in so many different ways, who cares. there's room for everyone

Some of the stuff they are saying in those messages is fucking horrible. Why the hell is she putting up with this shit?

Is she in on it? She's being kicked out of her own home? Why not just disable that voice thing and read messages that aren't typed in by cunts?

She's in on it 100%. Don't worry about her, she's making mad bank off of milking troll donations.

Wavebossa

Trust me when I say this is affecting you more than it is affecting her. She has the option to change the way she does donations. She is fully aware of what she is doing.

UberTag

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

I saw a thread about something like this the other day and the stream was going on and it was just bizarre. I just find it weird that people actually get off on a female wearing revealing clothing while screaming and crying while being abused by trolls. Real or not it's fucking weird

Nzyme32

So I actually made a comment about this in the Steam thread. I hadn't ventured outside of the few channels that I normally watch, and was bored enough to flick through random streams when I saw several similar streams. At first I actually believed it, till I listened to the conversations a bit longer and it clicked.

In fairness to them, it does work, along with the streams of girls that put themselves on camera with literally part of their chin and the rest just chest. Viewers are watch and donating, the streamer earns the money and keeps the avenues through with they are "tormented" open and let it continue, such as the auto-voiced subs and messages.

In the end though, if that isn't your bag, don't watch it

There are some great female streamers on Twitch that don't do any of that crap. They don't have as many viewers but do an infinitely better job and provide an entertaining stream, so it's not all one sided, and for me at least, very easy to avoid the shit simply by looking at the thumbnail

OP's opinion cracks me up.

Exploitation media has existed for a long time. You obviously aren't the target audience, so just move along and let them be.

I especially find it funny when people complain about female streamers who use their sex appeal to their own advantage. Sex sells in every form of media, there's no doubt about that, so I'm actually happy that those women have found a way to use that appeal to their own direct benefit.

Twitch is just a cesspool. Hopefully with built in YouTube streaming coming to the PS4 YouTubers who also stream on Twitch will move to YouTube... that is unless YouTube actually goes through with their pay service shit.

Roshin

This is not a regular female twitch stream, I'm talking about a stream in which these streamers get harassed by trolls and these streamers respond to them and get donations by getting harassed

Is there anything actually wrong (illegal, violation of TOS, etc) going on or is this more a "outraged from Leeds" thing?

Akai__

Better for you =/= better for everyone who uses the platform.

Twitch police out in full force in this thread.

She knows exactly what she is doing and is clearly fine with doing it. Same with the donators. If she wasn't she wouldn't have set up her donations that way.

Yeah, because Twitch is primarly a donation platform and not an actual game streaming platform. I forgot...

u probly dont have a lot of sex, do u?

What in the actual fuck...

OP's opinion cracks me up.

Exploitation media has existed for a long time. You obviously aren't the target audience, so just move along and let them be.

I especially find it funny when people complain about female streamers who use their sex appeal to their own advantage. Sex sells in every form of media, there's no doubt about that, so I'm actually happy that those women have found a way to use that appeal to their own direct benefit.

For me i could care less if a female is using sex appeal to make money. It's the abuse that's just hard for me to understand

I think the only way this stops is for the OddOne's and Voyboys of Twitch to threaten to boycott as it takes viewers away from more "legitimate" streams.

Wavebossa

Yeah, because Twitch is primarly a donation platform and not an actual game streaming platform. I forgot...

Your comment makes no sense.

You do realize the correlation between the donations and streaming right? Like... you do understand why you watch advertisements right?

EDIT: I'll give you a hint... they aren't full time streaming for free.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't know what disgusts me more, this practice or most of the posts in this thread. Unbelievable.

it would help us all out if you would state an opinion in regards to the thread instead of a vague drive by shitpost.

I think the only way this stops is for the OddOne's and Voyboys of Twitch to threaten to boycott as it takes viewers away from more "legitimate" streams.

it's not taking views away from anything. if a person chooses to partake in one stream over another, that's their own choice. nobody is "taking" that viewer away, it doesn't belong to anyone. wtf.

Who's kicking her out of her home?

Double the viewers of other LoL streams too...

I have no idea what twitch is even doing anymore.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Now that lady is just saying "I'm getting kicked out of my home" over and over again.

So awful.

Godan

Yeah these kind of streamer pop up now and then on twitch. I understand what they are doing and it is a good way for them to make money by acting the way they do by for twitch to like let them on their website really gives them a bad name.

Shai-Tan

Banned
What does this have to do with girls? There are a lot of guys who do the exact same thing. Basically letting people making jokes at the expense of the streamer for $$. Sometimes people go too far because it's easy to get around word filters that screen before text 2 speech output but most jokes are in good fun (e.g. jokes about Reynad's forehead)

Klyka

Banned
"I am getting kicked out of my home,I have to leave, but I am stuck in this game of LoL so, I better finish it"

*game ends she leaves for a bit*

*comes back*

"I am getting kicked out of my house, I don't know what to do"

*signs up immediately for another LoL game*

This is the funniest thing.

Armadilo

Banned
I apologize if by bringing this subject to light hurt anyone or made you think otherwise, My intentions were to do good and not bad so sorry.

noshten

So it's just trolls trolling trolls and making paper doing it? I don't see a problem really, the internet is trolling all the way down.

Yes and it's hilarious, today me and a co-worked watched about 30 minutes of such a stream and it went on loads of hours.
People paying to troll, while being trolled themselves - you cannot make this sh*t up

I'd be laughing all the way to the bank if I had boobies

Sephzilla

"I'm getting kicked out of my home"

"Please everyone shut up"

*Doesn't end stream, starts another game of League*

I'm having a hard time believing this is legit

Top Bottom