• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new special 3DS XL for Europe: Luigi and Zelda A Link Between Worlds

I will begin cursing NOA because the luigi one will never come here

They had months to announce it

I think the Zelda one looks pretty awful and it'll come here for sure

NMFried

These will most likely be the holiday bundles for NA. I think we'll get them.

When have we not gotten a SE Zelda console?

Heimbeck

Banned
I will begin cursing NOA because the luigi one will never come here

They had months to announce it

I think the Zelda one looks pretty awful and it'll come here for sure

Personally I think the Luigi one isn't great but the Zelda one looks awesome.

But then I live in Europe so I guess I don't really care what you guys get :D

CPCunha

...posted this on the Pickups thread, guess it fits well in here.

"Went to a gamestop yesterday and had the following exchange with the kid on the other side of the counter:

Me: hi there... im really interested in getting a 3DS XL cus i'll be going on a trip in two days... the only thing holding me back is the possibility of nintendo releasing some kind of special edition hardware with the next zelda...

Gamestop: I see, let me check that for you... (dude grabs a printed list behind the counter and looks through it.) ... we might have some special stuff with the GAME but no hardware as far as i know..."

I walk out of the store pretty happy with my new black 3Ds (super slick) but i wake up to the news of that GORGEOUS system NoE is releasing... goddamn. I'm going to be mighty pissed if that makes across the pond."

Granted we looked at the list at the same time and there was nothing there pointing to new system options, but goddam am i out of luck or what?

That Zelda one is a really slick design but the gold interior kills it for me.

Having anything other than black framing the screen really washes out the color or vibrance of the display in my experience. Partially why I can never understand the love for white electronics.

Zafir

...posted this on the Pickups thread, guess it fits well in here.

"Went to a gamestop yesterday and had the following exchange with the kid on the other side of the counter:

Me: hi there... im really interested in getting a 3DS XL cus i'll be going on a trip in two days... the only thing holding me back is the possibility of nintendo releasing some kind of special edition hardware with the next zelda...

Gamestop: I see, let me check that for you... (dude grabs a printed list behind the counter and looks through it.) ... we might have some special stuff with the GAME but no hardware as far as i know..."

I walk out of the store pretty happy with my new black 3Ds (super slick) but i wake up to the news of that GORGEOUS system NoE is releasing... goddamn. I'm going to be mighty pissed if that makes across the pond."

Granted we looked at the list at the same time and there was nothing there pointing to new system options, but goddam am i out of luck or what?
If you've opened it then your only option is to sell it/trade it in if you want the Zelda one.

Edit: Actually think you were being rhetorical, sorry. Bad luck man. xD

spookyfish

It arrived and sold out in Black Friday

I bought the Mario Kart XL from Best Buy quite a bit after Black Friday. It was on sale with the Blur and Red Xls, and they included it in the sale.

Edit: It wasn't the red one; they had a blue XL that had Mario Kart installed on it. That's the one I bought.

Neiteio

That Zelda 3DS is incredible. I've never thought of double-dipping on the same portable but my lawd is that tempting. Include the game and the music box/card holder and you have may have a deal.

...if NOA releases it.

D-e-f-

Banned
I will buy that Zelda 3DS XL if it comes to NA. It reminds me of the Phantom Hourglass Nintendo DS Lite.

It's actually way way more similar to the Minish Cap GBA SP.

1997-gameboy-light_go89sem.jpg

gba-sp-gold-minish-caahsl4.jpg

vs

1275257298_96933893_3iys9b.jpg

vs
10848361-1381753985-150660.jpg

Banned
A....a gold 3DS XL with a triforce ingrained into the color instead of being a decal......TAKE MY FUCKEN MONEY NINTENDO (NoE only)

FUCK YOU
Nintendo of
AMERICA!!!

Oxn

It better come to usa, and it better not sell out in a few days.

I want that zelda 3ds.

The funny thing is im going to be in europe when it releases.

As a huge The Legend of Zelda fan, I was hoping that they'd release a limited edition XL, but as I see it here before me, I may just pass if it comes to the States. It's nice, but not my cup o' tea.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm so glad I passed on the Pokemon X and Y ones and the nipply Pikachu one. I'm definitely getting the Zelda one when it comes stateside!

I'll finally get to play all the 3DS games I bought without actually owning the handheld.

Two tone and off-center Triforce? No thanks. Was hoping the LoZ LE would be better than that. :(

Well, at least it's better than the red/black and blue/black ones.

The two-tones match the game's logo - gold triforce on top, black one on bottom. It's not just a Zelda 3DS, it's a Link Between Worlds 3DS.

And why are people talking about accidentally erasing a preinstalled game, when the game will not be preinstalled on this device?

Zajora

The two-tones match the game's logo - gold triforce on top, black one on bottom. It's not just a Zelda 3DS, it's a Link Between Worlds 3DS.

And why are people talking about accidentally erasing a preinstalled game, when the game will not be preinstalled on this device?

Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it isn't ugly. I just said LoZ LE because I was too lazy to write "LoZ ALBW LE". I thought it was implied. :)

Owzers

I know it's a little early to announce the zelda bundle for America, but they need to announce this for America already.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Zelda one is pretty cool, but I would have made the inside black with gold buttons and leave the rest the way it is
love Zelda but I just upgraded from the regular red XL to the Pokemon Red XL which is gorgeous

Inotti

I have only one problem with Zelda XL. Why is the upper screen's border black? That little detail ruins it for me. :p Ugh. It remainds me of ds lites I used to fix when I didn't have all the same colored parts.

Savitar

How is it that NOE gets all these amazing deals yet NOA seems to be twiddling it's thumbs.

I prefer the Zelda one myself.

Top Bottom