• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. Sen. Cory Booker sends letter to 13 banks to examine overdraft practices.

Kyzer

Banned
the worst was when I paid like $200 in overdraft fees because I used the wrong payment method on paypal and wasnt able to replenish it for a while

Exile20

This is basically the equivalent of Hillary telling wall street to "Cut it out."

I hope that the Dems learn from their mistakes in 2016 soon. But so far it doesn't seem like it'll happen though. Current polls have them pushing Biden/Booker/Harris against Sanders/Warren. So there's a good 60% chance I'll have to go with the Republican candidate.

And we make the same mistake again.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wait anyone can right a letter..... As a senator I would want him to propose legislation......Even if it hd no chance I would prefer he tried to make it a law so it was set as a precedent

Am I missing something, Backpage is a haven for human trafficking and pedophiles. Kamala is hamstrung by current laws, was trying to get them amended to pursue these assholes but is still giving them as much grief as she can. So, whats the problem exactly?

And it's dumb shit because...?

scoring political points going after a legal website instead of stopping actual human traffickers?

before backpage there was craigslist and if backpage gets pressured, the pimp will move somewhere else... how about get the actual criminals instead of brushing the dirt under the carpet?

Feep

Banned
scoring political points going after a legal website instead of stopping actual human traffickers?

before backpage there was craigslist and if backpage gets pressured, the pimp will move somewhere else... how about get the actual criminals instead of brushing the dirt under the carpet?
She's not a cop, dude. And any website peddling fucking trash like that deserves to get hammered.

Come back to me when you find an actual problem. Purity tests aside, there are some reasonable hesitations about Booker. This is literally nothing.

Ponn

Banned

You can do both you know. Why is going after obviously shitty websites harboring and profiting off this stuff political points? Once you bring down stuff like this they will often get more information on the people using it for human trafficking. An attorney general is not in the streets busting pimps and pedos, just like a regular cop is not trying to bring down large sites like Backpage. They each have roles and Kamala seemed to be trying to do her role the best she could. Close down as many avenues as you can.

Backpage has always claimed it doesn’t control sex-related ads. New documents show otherwise.

This recent article suggests they may be a little more involved than they let on.

the last time i overdrafted, they charged me $35 and i called them up and they waived the fee.

the issue was a retailer charged me twice for the same thing and then refunded one which put me waaaaaaay in overdrasft because of the double hold on the money and delay on processing the return.

Top Bottom