• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3: Steep Trailer (PC/PS4/XB1, December 2016)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
this + psvr and the wingsuit sections will be off the godamned chain. I know it.

Hopefully this plays as well as it looks. tentative superhype...

Loomer

I'm happy they're doing another Shaun White Snowboarding-type game, the game was rough, many hated it, but I definitely enjoyed it enough to want an improved sequel.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You know I'm not generally into these types of games, but I gotta admit, this looks pretty damn sick.

It would be ridiculous in VR.

i often forget about it, but 2 of my favorite moments on the N64 were actually the sort of flying/diving of Pilotwings 64 and the snowboarding of... I think it was, 1080° Snowboarding

i this these two games are easy to take for granted or ignore, suppose they're not as sexy as shooters or rpgs or action adventures, sort of like any 'sport' games

but they were pretty awesome actually, and i wish a few more games would try capture those same sense of speed, so I'm always open to new skiing/snowboarding or diving/flying games

Feels like the kind of game that Ubisoft would've made during their late 90s-2005 era. I don't know if it'll be successful, but props to them for jumping all the way into an open world extreme snow sports game.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Genuinely liked this.

So refreshing to see something that isn't brown, open-world, third person shooty. I'll be picking it up.

Zukkoyaki

This is the type of game that isn't for me that I can recognize is terrific in its own right. I'm sure many people are going to REALLY like it!

Plum

Looks really fun but damn, another multiplayer-focused title.

Really hope the singleplayer isn't just an afterthought like so many other games.

Color me interested on this game right here. With no SSX, this is as close as we're getting. It's not gonna be remotely similar to SSX, but it can be a fun game on its own right. It definitely feels more arcadey than sim from what I can tell.

I can't believe I'm actually interested in a new IP from Ubi and that it's actually a snowboarding game... (and more)

SSX is dead, Pure is even deader, so it's hard to not look at something like this and be encouraged, even if it was lacking some of that charm.

Still there was a good sense of speed, they're rightly going at least a little arcadey with the tricks etc, and you can't fault the ambition in terms of scale. Huge props to Ubi for backing this.

explodet

I want Skate-tier glitch videos.

And it's kind of hard to just paraglide peacefully down a mountain with horrible death screams happening below you.

MaKTaiL

OMG these graphics! I'm still in shock. Although it is not my type of game I would buy it just to explore and take hundred of pictures. Looks AWESOME. That's the first actual nextgen graphic I've seen this generation.

Yoshi88

Looks really interesting. I have no experience in this kind of sports game but the gameplay trailer seems to show a variety of features with the trail analysis, a variety of starting points, nice tracks and a great sense of speed. And the snow looks gorgeous.

soultron

Banned
I am increddddibly excited for this game. I really miss not having any good snowboarding games since SSX2012, so I am mega hyped.

Top Bottom