• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3: Steep Trailer (PC/PS4/XB1, December 2016)

Zomba13

This looks super cool. Very into the whole replay/line/photomode/video sharing thing.

Don't expect it too look as pretty as it does, but expect it to be fun to play.

So pumped ! Looks like the snow game EA didn't make after the skate series. And now they added ski, wingsuit and paragliding. I don't need anything more now. Awesome.

This game looks legit. I'm going to sign up for the beta, as this looks like something I could lose myself in. Hopefully it does well and they continue to update it with new sports and new areas.

Yup really liked that,great idea behind it.Guess it lives and dies on keeping a decent population.

It'll scratch that SSX or 1080 itch

MrPanic

Oh man, I was losing my mind during that reveal. INTO MY VEINS RIGHT NOW! I can never have enough snowboard games in my life. Game of the show for me already. Day 1.

Didn't the SSX reboot have the same concept?

I didn't really see anything special about Steep.
Not even close. It was about surviving the elements and extreme conditions.

Steep is just
Bliss.gif

MilesTeg

Banned
Didn't the SSX reboot have the same concept?

I didn't really see anything special about Steep.

No. The game was previously titled SSX deadly decent. Then changed to just SSX. Thats honestly why the game wasnt that great. Too many hazards.

The online wasnt true multiplayer which also really hurt the game, just challenging friends scores. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

ubercheez

In the absence of a new SSX, this looks like it could be pretty fun.

But jeez, I can do without the realistic sounds of spines shattering.

mekes

I like the look of this, probably my favorite game of the day so far. Its nice to see one of the big companies supporting a game like this, I'm always up for more variation in my game collection so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Signed up for the betas :)

jdstorm

Banned
This looks like a title I'm going to buy multiple times. Once PC modders start patching in balance board support. Wow

bunkitz

Got excited when they said new IP, but let down when I saw it was extreme sports. Pretty excited again now that I've seen it. Looks incredibly fun, both to do the actual sports thing and to just calmly take all the scenery in. It looks gorgeous!

The juxtaposition between people joyfully flying about the mountains having fun and whooping, and people horrifically dying and screaming horribly when they brutally smack into things, was quite funny in dark humor sort of way. Unsure if that's intentional or not, but I hope that's an aspect that will remain for the final release.

Hopefully this will fill the SSX sized hole in my life.
Hoping for the same. Since EA doesn't seem to want to try again after the disappointing reboot, I'll give this a shot. It was one of the two things I was even remotely slighty interested in at their conference. I'm down for this.

Top Bottom