• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3: Steep Trailer (PC/PS4/XB1, December 2016)

satriales

This looks great. There is a wingsuit game called Volo Airsport which looks very similar but without the snowboarding and skiing.

red720

This looks really great.
Aside from some of those rock textures.
I've always wanted a realistic extreme skiing game. I don't know how entertaining editing replays will be though, considering I hardly ever get around to editing my real GoPro footage. Lots of people love that though.

Deadstar

This game looks great. I always hoped we'd get a successor to the ssx game that had the really long mountain run. It was a lot of fun to just snowboard down the mountain and relax.

realwords

Definitely hitting my list of games to get this year. That $47.99 seems a little high. Wish this was one of those $39.99 games. :(

Best surprise of E3 so far. I miss snowboarding games. Open, real world like mountains are the best in these games. Will be awesome to explore lines with friends online. I really hope they make the mechanics challenging, like Skate, to make landing crazy tricks or nailing difficult lines rewarding.

I really wonder what kind of control scheme they've planned for this game. I'd faint if they emulated the EA skate one for ski and snowboard.

I also wish they somehow add session markers as well.

I really wonder what kind of control scheme they've planned for this game. I'd faint if they emulated the EA skate one for ski and snowboard.

I also wish they somehow add session markers as well.

This is going to be the make or break for me. I really hope they go in the Skate direction. If it doesn't feel challenging enough, pulling off all of these lines and tricks won't feel rewarding at all.

This is going to be the make or break for me. I really hope they go in the Skate direction. If it doesn't feel challenging enough, pulling off all of these lines and tricks won't feel rewarding at all.

Skate has to be the series I spent the most time playing in my whole life. Restarting at the session marker and fail, fail, fail, fail and fail 'till I pulled the trick I wanted, no matter how long it took was the best. Pure frustration and pure bliss. Here's hoping that there's a bit of that in Steep.

thelastword

Banned
Some aspects of this trailer reminds me of the amped bullshots from the Original XBOX, with all that lens flare et al......I haven't seen a snow game yet this gen, so I hope this hypes the trend though, we need to see another SSX too.

I hope there are some routes where it can take 20-30 minutes to complete a run. I loved that about SSX3, where you could do a run down the entire mountain in a continuous run.

Edit: Well this sucks. https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/742804827529347072 Hope they can improve it before release.

Most reviewers tend to dislike the extreme sports games I like, I take it as a good sign ;)

By the way, devs showed more of the game yesterday on twitch (can't find the vid) and what I saw pleased me quite a lot. Not a lot more than what was shown at the conference, but still :
– new environnements (also confirmed Alaska coming few weeks after release),
– trick system for ski and snowboard, looks super stylish and physics are awesome. Dual analog based (Yay!!)
– no confirmed date for beta, but they promised it was coming very soon
– a lot I forgot...

And I should also mention that I didn't see any grind or snowpark… not the focus it seems :( please Ubi, give us some grinds !

Valkrai

I'm still interested in the game. Wonder how big Alaska will be, it'd also be great to see other mountains like Mt Fuji or the Rockies.

Hope there are some long runs <insert fond memories of doing the all peak free rides in SSX 3 here>

Would love to be able to come home after work and play this and do some long non-competitive runs with some friends and chill

Is it always online? I asked the Twitter account and got zero response.

I would still probably get it but it would be a bummer.

Top Bottom