• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UbiSoft will remove "ableist text" from Assassin's Creed because a dude complained about it.

Kimahri

Banned
They should give the male hero a male name while they're at it. Am I the only one annoyed by this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Eivor is a girls name.

Can’t wait for te next game 1in the series where you play as the british (male) king Elizabeth.

Fucking wankers.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Are people not allowed to feel different ways about things. One burn victim may not feel the way another burn victim feels. I am hoping they change "A Christmas Carol" because I don't agree with the depiction of misers.

This "thank you so much" shit is so embarrassing, almost as bad as apologizing.

Clown world.

"Dear Ubisoft, I am a huge fan of all of your games; your teams do a tremendous job. However, about 7 months ago an unfortunate accident happened to me and now I no longer have the ability to use my legs. Upon firing up Assassin Creed i was faced with playable characters and uncountable NPC's all walking and running. It made me sad and depressed. For a developer who is so socially conscious, i am left speechless as to how something so personally painful for me and others in similar circumstances could be put right in my face; almost like i was being mocked. I am not sure i will be able to play Assassins Creed again. Thanks for listening..."
"Thank you so much for pointing this out - we apologize for unintentionally reinforcing ableism through this design. We will remove legs in an upcoming update."

Last edited:
I don’t like how the characters have genders. We should make them genderless husks with no discernible characteristics. We would not want to stereotype in any way, positive or negative. Never assume a male character has a masculine voice. Never assume a female character has breasts. Why are they wearing stereotypically gendered clothing? Everyone should be wearing cloth sacks.

Last edited:

Riven326

Banned
jesus christ look at the cunt... what a fucking surprise some rainbow haired my little pony fucking lover gets offended for his fucking girlfriend and cries to twitter for the rest of the fucking loons to jump onboard... christ i hate humans
AfraidFriendlyBluebird-small.gif

Trippy

Huh, they’re not cool with having ”ableism” in the game but are fine with murder, slaughter and warfare? :messenger_neutral:

Those saying it's spineless, how would you feel if you suffered a disfigurement, and spent your life embarrassed and insecure, only to find that a game you want to play reminds you of those same feelings?

I say fuck you and fuck life. Life's a bitch, grow used to it. Go live in the wilds and eat raw meat and and eventually get eaten alive if you can't stand words, jokes, tragedy, gossip and the whole humanity shebang.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
They should give the male hero a male name while they're at it. Am I the only one annoyed by this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Eivor is a girls name.

Can’t wait for te next game 1in the series where you play as the british (male) king Elizabeth.

Fucking wankers.

I had no idea, but Eivor is indeed a traditionally female given name. I can only imagine how weird it must be for Scandinavians to play as a bloodhtirsty Viking warrior with a girl's name. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kimahri

Banned
I had no idea, but Eivor is indeed a traditionally female given name. I can only imagine how weird it must be for Scandinavians to play as a bloodhtirsty Viking warrior with a girl's name. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I hate it. It makes me irrationally pissed off at Ubi for taking the piss on my country like that.

It's probably not helping that I was madly in love with a girl named Eivor when I was in high school 😝

Honestly, they should just have removed the choice and gone woman only.

waylo

Banned
EVERYONE MUST BE ANGRY AND OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING!!!!!

ARGHGHHAHHAHH!!!! HOW WILL I EVER COPE WITH THIS INJUSTICE TO THE BURN COMMUNITY!?!?!?!?

Kamina

Golden Boy
How the fuck is wrong with... her? She has hair but she deliberately choose to have a mohawk. I'm bald, I can't choose how to wear my hair, this is pretty offensive to me! I demand an apology!
It’s okay to say It if you dont know.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
With how many dicks this guy has in his mouth, hands and ass I'm surprised he could even use a keyboard to type this.

Imagine that poor guy or tranny that gets their blowjob on hold for two minutes for such a worthless post that makes aliens who search for intelligence on planet earth but all in vain?

Last edited:

Umbral

Ubisoft doesn’t realize this will never end now. Your games’ aesthetics and their writing will be now be dictated by twitter.

elektrokats

Banned
I can only think of 2 reasons why these companies are pandering like this.

A. The companies media and customer support relation teams are pulling strings behind the CEOs back with the CEO or other being oblivious (similar to the Joe Rogan/Spotify controversy)

OR

B. These companies have become so bloated with money and profits from over the years that they simply do not care if they drive away a fair chunk of their customer base in favor for a more "controlled" environment, both online and physically.

Last edited:

Fbh

It has already begun

:/

The problem with idiots sending these sort of messages is that they are always used to invalidate any valid criticism or counter argument. Not matter what you say, now the answer will always be "oh it's just angry white dudes!!! Look at these messages I got, everyone who disagrees with me is like this!!! Everyone that disagrees with me is the sort of person that sends death threats and tells people to kill themselves! If Ubisoft reverses their decision they are encouraging this type of behavior!!!".

The same shit happened with TLOU2. Every valid criticism was instantly dismissed with "Oh you are probably some dude angry about a woman with muscles!!! Look at these tweets from angry white dudes, if you didn't like the game you are probably like them!!"

Last edited:
Now that I think we are moving towards a situation where you cannot make a character evil because any reason for him being evil, can be offensive to somebody. Scars cannot be the reason why he is evil, bullying cannot be the reason why he is evil, poverty cannot be the reason why he is evil, etc.

Of course with the exception of white evil characters - they can be evil because he got up on the wrong side of the bed and people will cheer and agree that it is possible. So the remaining evil tags are - capitalism, white men, rich, Christianity.

Last edited:
These people would have never survived Xbox-Live chat in the 00's.

People seem to forget that you don't have a right to NOT be offended. If you don't like something, turn it off, change the channel, don't buy it, etc...

Shit like this is the massive MINORITY telling everyone that if they don't feel the same way they are racist, sexist, etc. I'm not any of those things, but I'd never go tell my favorite band to change a song because I don't like a transition, or a director to change a character in a movie because I don't like the way something looks.

What's sad is these people of "compassion" do more to hurt their cause than help. Let that burned victim be judged by the content of her character, not by the scars on her skin. Isn't that what's been preached for the last 50 years or so? Why is it different now? I'd wager because the world isn't that bad and people don't have causes they can get behind because then they'd have to put actual effort into changing instead of the half-assed online "protests".

Why are these companies even pandering to this shit to begin with? The people that usually complain the loudest have no intention on buying your games, they just want a "cause" to fight for, and when you roll over and show your belly, you admit that you can't or won't stand behind artistic integrity.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

This specimen got offended on behalf of its GF, whom it sees in terms of looks and being a burn victim.

It's probably not 100% all there in its mind.

Ubisoft pandering to this shit is a very shortsighted tactic. It will backfire especially when the woke craze is over, if not sooner.

iconmaster

Banned
Sooooo people can't be burned in games now???

They can be burned, so long as there is no suggestion that their quality of life is degraded in the process. So e.g. enemies should now react to flamethrowers with “this is fine!” And “I’m okay with the events that are unfolding currently!” as you kill (really liberate) them.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
heard about this story a day or so ago. not surprised their Twitter is out and is another Twitter They/Them death cultist freak fucking things up for the rest of us

these SJWs are all so damn predictable. it's like they come out of an assembly line. every single one has the exact same mental disease.

Soodanim

Gold Member
More from this abomination.

I don’t like to get caught up in these things, despite how stupid the situation. But this reply to the above tweet mocks being irrationally mad about something in a game, and I can’t leave irony of that magnitude alone.

Kamina

Golden Boy
"... who we allow to enjoy our things."

Well, at least we're nearly at the point where people aren't hiding their intentions anymore. Wake me up when the push back starts.
All the comments on this persons post are variations of “I am so sorry you have to deal with this”, as if that tard wasnt aware things would turn out that way when she took the decision to post woke shit,

Seems like an overreaction on Ubi's part but then again their margins are razor thin, they're terrified of controversy.

No, it's not. There's no need for this.
You can call yourself whatever you want. Just don't expect rational, sane people to go along with it. So 'it' is fine.

JSoup

Banned
Just as with the last handful of times this happened, you're finding piles of streamers who are playing the game live at lower patches to retain the 'offensive' content.

Top Bottom