• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Cerrone vs Dos Anjos 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Don't care what ya'll say. Reem looked good throughout that entire fight -- and I always thought he sucked.

BadAss2961

Don't care what ya'll say. Reem looked good throughout that entire fight -- and I always thought he sucked.
He doesn't. Most of those KO losses are in fights he was dominating until he gassed.

Hope you guys realize Reem could easily be your next heavyweight champion. Werdum's last defeat.

Fergie

Banned
jackson1.png

Fitts

He doesn't. Most of those KO losses are in fights he was dominating until he gassed.

Hope you guys realize Reem could easily be your next heavyweight champion. Werdum's last defeat.

I'm not talking about his losses. I'm talking about his MMA career. (LHW and HW)

Werdum was a different fighter then. Was beating Reem on the feet in that fight but kept flopping because he had no confidence in his standup.

Was holding back way too much, too tentative. Nice tko by the reem

Gotcha. Thought you were referring to some gossipy bullshit he said pre-fight or something.

So.... How would the real Ubereem do against JDS now? Would it have been a ownage from the start or would he have folded?

JDS definitely had Overeem on the cage but he backed off for some weird reason. Overeem's known for turtling and just crumbles when he is against the cage but somehow JDS stopped with his barrages of punches.

HuskyPanda

Neo Member
So.... How would the real Ubereem do against JDS now? Would it have been a ownage from the start or would he have folded?

JDS definitely had Overeem on the cage but he backed off for some weird reason. Overeem's known for turtling and just crumbles when he is against the cage but somehow JDS stopped with his barrages of punches.

I thought that was the end of the fight when Overeem was on the cage.

It might not have been terribly exciting, but Reem fought responsibly and looked decent. He lulled Junior to sleep for sure. Can't help but think Junior and Lawler both look like Azog with their baldies.

Not to take anything away from Werdum but I'm not excited about any of the top HW match ups. I'd take Cain/JDS 4 or Hunt vs anyone over Werdum/Reem 2 or AA vs anyone.

I thought that was the end of the fight when Overeem was on the cage.

Definitely! I was hoping JDS would keep going but then I started to notice that JDS was sort of losing the striking war. He was way too analytical of Overeem and paid for it. I'm honestly surprised to see Overeem with a tko via punches and not via knees. Overeem's not known for his punching ko prowess and for JDS to go out like that is embarassing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom