• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks

Just thought I'd check in with the opinion that I am glad Ronda Rousey lost, because she is a bitch with a big mouth. Now, I don't watch sports in any capacity, but I loved watching people get excited about Ronda, waiting until I could pop. I was exactly like stretching out a balloon, except instead of being made of plastic, it was made of my own dissatisfaction and need to distract myself from me being unemployed. It's really great to see a lot of support out there related to 'lmao ronda got kicked in the head' and 'multiple gifs about that. My favourite topic, though, is probably think one, and the gif which I'm currently taking framing by frame which I think I'm gonna call 'iruinurfunusadfucks'.

Phew. Can't wait for that next man's fight thing. Whatever it is they do.

oh

Darkman M

Hi Folks

Just thought I'd check in with the opinion that I am glad Ronda Rousey lost, because she is a bitch with a big mouth. Now, I don't watch sports in any capacity, but I loved watching people get excited about Ronda, waiting until I could pop. I was exactly like stretching out a balloon, except instead of being made of plastic, it was made of my own dissatisfaction and need to distract myself from me being unemployed. It's really great to see a lot of support out there related to 'lmao ronda got kicked in the head' and 'multiple gifs about that. My favourite topic, though, is probably think one, and the gif which I'm currently taking framing by frame which I think I'm gonna call 'iruinurfunusadfucks'.

Huh?

-MD-

Hi Folks

Posts like this are my lifeblood.

RELIGHT

Banned
Hi Folks

This thread is like Amazon Prime; it continues to deliver.

LeonSPBR

Hi Folks

OK then.

Weckum

Hi Folks

Thanks Miesha.

I have it in good authority that after Ronda's broken jaw heals she will be transitioning to K1.

K1 Ronda will be devastating

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-Rd1c-400-sg.gif

tate+hook.gif

Somebody wrote a huge post defending Rhonda and another user animated water coming out of it and falling on Truman Burbank. As seen in the film to simulate the other user crying. Vadrigar posted it and got banned.

Eh no, pretty damn sure this image wasn't the reason why. It's more likely because of the 2nd one that he posted with Ronda being in the hospital bed still Ko'ed and getting sold by Meisha for Cosby to take advantage of her. Taken from Kill Bill.

eXtv

Banned
Man that was embarrassing.

Really. If Rogan is totally unaware of why fans have been revelling in Ronda's loss so much, then he really does have blinders on. Sometimes people like to see the house lose, you know? Especially when they've been talking about how her striking is "technically perfect".

JesseZao

Really. If Rogan is totally unaware of why fans have been revelling in Ronda's loss so much, then he really does have blinders on. Sometimes people like to see the house lose, you know? Especially when they've been talking about how her striking is "technically perfect".

It also helps that Holm is incredibly likable. Not to mention that it was great for the sport.

Bitanator

Anybody make a gif of that hanes commercial where the dude chuck norris kicks the other guy in the face but with Holm and Rousey faces in place of the others?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

qgbcTRb.jpg

I can't believe some of the shit he has said about her. I don't listen to his podcast, but I remember watching the ronda / correia fight and people were trying to smack ronda in the head as she went to the ring in brazil. Rogan says something like "Ronda is like a mythical creature, they're not trying to hit her, they're trying to touch once in a lifetime greatness". I almost thought he was joking.

Chesskid1

Banned
those vids are missing a really good ronda quote

when people asked her if hollywood was a distraction to her

she used to always reply no they aren't a distraction, becase if i lose, all these opportunities will all go away.

so brutal in retrospect

NYR

You made a lot of enemies. Holly's been doing the rounds all over the place and people show her so much love. Never seen anything quite like it for a new champ, especially from the UFC. They all seem thrilled that she beat you.

Good luck with the rehab. :(

Pffffhhht. Jesus christ - this is the highlight of this thread.

Part 2 on that channel too, lmao.

Part 2 was even harder to watch. Good luck trying not to cringe at the part when Rogan says, "That was the closest I've ever come to crying while...I think I'm gonna cry now..." then literally gets choked up and teary-eyed.

Kacho

Damn, those videos are great. Can't stand Rousey or the bullshit circus surrounding her. Joe Rogan should be embarrassed.

daffy

Banned
Hi Folks

This post has given me such life.

diaspora

kxnyqg3.png

Everyone needs to watch these.

That was fucking embarrassing. I still think people are delusional if they think she would even TOUCH floyd.

She got lit up by a boxer who isnt even close to floyds strength, speed or skill.

I also cant believe how out of shape and soft ronda looked in some of those interviews - i guess her cardio has never been put to the test but she really has to make sure she doesnt stack on weight and lose her fitness while she is healing up for the next 6 months.

There were people on GAF saying the same dumb shit.

Heaps of them. Same as on Sherdog. Fucking hilarious. There is a reason why there are weight divisions and MMA and WMMA - i still find it funny that people argue that a 145 pound woman can beat a man - im sorry, it wont happen. It's not sexist, it's just fact. There is a reason why men and women dont fight each other in these competitions, the same reason why ronda is not fast enough or powerful enough to even touch floyd.

I still laugh when people think the greatest counter striker to have ever walked the earth would get beaten by someone who rushes in like an emotional bull with her chin up and zero defense.

JDSN

Banned
Where is the fight analysis post that was taken down?

Heaps of them. Same as on Sherdog. Fucking hilarious. There is a reason why there are weight divisions and MMA and WMMA - i still find it funny that people argue that a 145 pound woman can beat a man - im sorry, it wont happen. It's not sexist, it's just fact. There is a reason why men and women dont fight each other in these competitions, the same reason why ronda is not fast enough or powerful enough to even touch floyd.

I still laugh when people think the greatest counter striker to have ever walked the earth would get beaten by someone who rushes in like an emotional bull with her chin up and zero defense.

I was laughing like crazy at the dude that claimed that Ronda was gonna fuck up Floyd because of some intangible force that she had but not him, dude had a Bleach avatar so I assume he was talking about Haki or The Heart or some anime bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom