• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Cerrone vs Dos Anjos 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

I just wanted to point out that the Herb Dean who stopped this after about 5 seconds of Cerrone covering up and defending is the same Herb Dean who let the Wild Man get pummeled for 45 seconds from mount last weekend.

Herb Dean: The Worst in the Business
I think Herb was right on both calls. Cowboy was done there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Reem KO
ShadySkeletalCrocodileskink.gif

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I just wanted to point out that the Herb Dean who stopped this after about 5 seconds of Cerrone covering up and defending is the same Herb Dean who let the Wild Man get pummeled for 45 seconds from mount last weekend.

Herb Dean: The Worst in the Business
I was at a King of the Cage up here in Michigan a few years back and Dean was one of the officials. I swear there was one fight where a guy ate at least five seconds of undefended punches cuz Herb was trying to make eye contact with this girl in the crowd.

Dude is awful

Fitts

Yay let's post our favorite Herb Dean-isms!

Mine will forever be when he robbed Marquardt of a shot at Silva. Docked a point for a phantom punch to the back of the head against Leites... which set up the worst UFC title fight of all time.

Haha how did I miss this?!

I think Herb was right on both calls. Cowboy was done there.

It's a tough choice for him (I do agree that he is a bad ref though). Weidman should have been stopped sooner and this fight, I believe, was stopped correctly. Even though Cowboy was defending himself he wasn't trying to do anything to allow the ref to continue the fight. Offensively defend yourself or the ref will call the fight and that's what happened.

It's a lose-lose situation and it's hard to find ways to justify stopping and not stopping a fight like that.

Cowboy looked disappointed but his eyes tell a different story.

Yaari

The production was absolutely shit tonight. Took ages to get to the decisions and at the last fight or so, even Buffer had to tell them to roll the tape. Lol.

Disappointed Nate won, but glad Ubereem won and Cerrone got smashed. Now Khabib just needs to get healthy and he'll be the next champ.

So who will be next for Cerrone? I'm sure they'll find some cans to line up for him to beat because he has dumb fans that think he's not garbage.

Nevermind....didnt notice cerrone lost! haha But I got every other pick! I thought Overeem would distance strike to a decision. Badass knockout!

eXtv

Banned
Disappointed Nate won, but glad Ubereem won and Cerrone got smashed. Now Khabib just needs to get healthy and he'll be the next champ.

So who will be next for Cerrone? I'm sure they'll find some cans to line up for him to beat because he has dumb fans that think he's not garbage.

Alvarez, Top 5 LW, can, nice. Please shut the fuck up. Cerrone improved a lot. RDA is just the best.

Jerm411

I like Rogan but his bias ass commentary ruins a lot of fights...Jesus I thought he was gonna blow Nate in the Octagon.

Oh and hopefully the UFC books Diaz vs. Conor...God I want that just for the build up.

Dysun

Jds would have murdered horse meat less Overeem 3 years ago.

Sad to see what 2 Cain + 1 Stipe beatdowns can do to a career

Lolled hard. JdS ate shit. What a beautiful slip by Reem. JdS was such a one dimensional fighter and I'm so glad Reem took it.

Reem wins today. If fedor wins NYE then my 2015 will end well.

Regardless of weight class or gender, I'd be hilarious if every fighter started calling out McGregor postfight. Turn it into a meme

Missed opportunity, Overeem. For shame

Donthizz#

@145 Conor had no problems absorbing power punches from guys like Chad. 155 is a whole new beast man, very intrigued to see how it all turns out.

danthefan

@145 Conor had no problems absorbing power punches from guys like Chad. 155 is a whole new beast man, very intrigued to see how it all turns out.

He also had a lot of power in his punches for the guys at 145 so be interesting also to see how the guys at 155 handle his left.

I've a feeling his bubble has to burst at some point though.

ApharmdX

Banned

Actually I predicted the opposite. Thought Overeem would have won coming off of his K1 GP win, etc. since JDS has zero head movement, but this time I figured JDS would win. I was wrong. The thing about a glass cannon is that it's still a goddamn cannon. He took Dos Santos' head off with that left hook.

And wow, the physical transformations of Dos Anjos and Overeem. Overeem looks like a different fighter than his Ubereem days. In the other direction, Dos Anjos looks like a totally different fighter than the guy who got smashed by Jeremy Stephens. He's on that cycle, hard... will inevitably piss dirty.

eXtv

Banned
Overeem is one of the first notable examples of a fighter that acknowledged their flaws and adjusted their game accordingly. Most are too proud or too stubborn.

ApharmdX

Banned
Overeem is one of the first notable examples of a fighter that acknowledged their flaws and adjusted their game accordingly. Most are too proud or too stubborn.

Yeah he did a good job tonight. I predicted him to lose but he was measured and won with timing.

eXtv

Banned
Yeah he did a good job tonight. I predicted him to lose but he was measured and won with timing.

I don't think RDA will piss dirty though. We'd have already heard about it, he was randomly screened by USADA 4 times during this camp. I also don't think him being mediocre years ago and amazing now means he had to use PED's to get here. He's been very good for a very long time.

I think all these guys are on shit, don't get me wrong, I just don't agree with your reasoning. Five years ago McGregor was being submitted in mere seconds by low-level part timers on the European circuit.

Feeling good for Tamdan. Elated that his return to the UFC went well.

Hoping Marquardt retires after this fight win or lose. He's got a ton of miles on him and hasn't looked good his last few times out.

I'm from the same area as Tamdan. I trained with him very briefly a couple years ago as he runs his own classes. It's been great seeing him rock Bellator and now winning back in the UFC.

I was very surprised that Reem kept the fight standing. I thought he was going to try and make this a grappling fight and try to back JDS against the cage and UberKnee him.

Alvarez, Top 5 LW, can, nice. Please shut the fuck up. Cerrone improved a lot. RDA is just the best.

Let's run through his "streak" shall we?

1. Lost to RDA - Not much to say here, Cerrone just sucks.
2. Beat Evan Dunham. I mean, Evan Dunham kind of sucks. He even lost to Barboza.
3. Beat Adriano Martins. Guy so bad, even Tibau beat him. Nuff said.
4. Beat Edson Barboza. Ok, Barboza has absolutely NO chin and even still Cerrone was close to losing. Pretty sad.
5. Beat Jim Miller who is losing to just about everybody these days.
6. Beat Eddie Alvarez. This is his best "honest" win, but Eddie looked like hot garbage in that fight and even in the fight with Melendez he didn't look great.
7. Beat Myles Jury. Not much to say here, Myles seems ok, even though he also just lost to Oliviera.
8. "Beat" Benson Henderson. Dude did almost nothing in that fight and was gifted a decision win. It was insane when it happened and it is insane to this day.
9. Beat John Makdessi. 1-3 in his last 4. Great guy to get a title shot off of, right?
10. Lost to RDA AGAIN. Because Cerrone sucks.

And this dude wants to throw accusations at other people for juicing when HE got caught juicing? Dude is a straight up turd.

ApharmdX

Banned
Let's run through his "streak" shall we?

1. Lost to RDA - Not much to say here, Cerrone just sucks.
2. Beat Evan Dunham. I mean, Evan Dunham kind of sucks. He even lost to Barboza.
3. Beat Adriano Martins. Guy so bad, even Tibau beat him. Nuff said.
4. Beat Edson Barboza. Ok, Barboza has absolutely NO chin and even still Cerrone was close to losing. Pretty sad.
5. Beat Jim Miller who is losing to just about everybody these days.
6. Beat Eddie Alvarez. This is his best "honest" win, but Eddie looked like hot garbage in that fight and even in the fight with Melendez he didn't look great.
7. Beat Myles Jury. Not much to say here, Myles seems ok, even though he also just lost to Oliviera.
8. "Beat" Benson Henderson. Dude did almost nothing in that fight and was gifted a decision win. It was insane when it happened and it is insane to this day.
9. Beat John Makdessi. 1-3 in his last 4. Great guy to get a title shot off of, right?
10. Lost to RDA AGAIN. Because Cerrone sucks.

And this dude wants to throw accusations at other people for juicing when HE got caught juicing? Dude is a straight up turd.

Agreed about Cerrone's streak. He's a good but not great fighter. In fairness to Cowboy, though, he cannot take body shots, perhaps due to the surgical repair of his abdomen some years ago... RDA's flurry last night started with a body shot.

Also, RDA is a raging juice monkey. Cerrone's not wrong... but he's not clean either, so wtf.

Agreed about Cerrone's streak. He's a good but not great fighter. In fairness to Cowboy, though, he cannot take body shots, perhaps due to the surgical repair of his abdomen some years ago... RDA's flurry last night started with a body shot.

Also, RDA is a raging juice monkey. Cerrone's not wrong... but he's not clean either, so wtf.

He might me juicing, but only one has been caught. People in glass houses, etc.

Just hope Khabib comes back healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom