• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs Johnson - 10.1.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
9TASe.jpg

UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs. Johnson
Date: Oct 01, 2011
Venue: Verizon Center
Broadcast: Versus and Facebook

MAIN CARD (Versus) - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson (for bantamweight title)
Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve
Charlie Brenneman vs. Anthony Johnson
Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook) - 2:45pm PT / 5:45 ET

Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira
Michael Johnson vs. Paul Sass
Byron Bloodworth vs. Mike Easton
T.J. Grant vs. Shane Roller
Josh Neer vs. Keith Wisniewski
Joseph Sandoval vs. Walel Watson

OtMLZ.jpg

Dysun

Happy to see this free card in between the Shields/Ellenberger and Leben/Munoz snorefests, looks like a good card

Chamber

love on your sleeve
AwesomeSauce said:
Bring it!

War Cruz!

Still deciding who else to go for.
The cards where you don't give a damn who wins are the best in my view. Keeps the stress low.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i know i'm not an extreme degenerate gambler, but i don't know how to read those lines. can we get regular ones?

ShaneB

Chamber said:
The cards where you don't give a damn who wins are the best in my view. Keeps the stress low.

In a sense yes, but for me it's a double edge sword. Having one guy to root for certainly adds to the interest in a fight. If I'm interested in both guys fighting, knowing it'll be a good fight, it kinda sucks knowing that one of these guys has to lose when I like them both. If I have no interest in either fighter, I'm just as worried it'll be a borefest.

Rur0ni said:
MMA should be every Saturday.

I think we're getting there. The talent pool just needs to be bigger and the amount of events recently has been pretty incredible.

Heel

UFC on Versus 6: Maklershed gets a crisp new $20 bill, buys MMA GAF crow :)

Cruz vs. Johnson is almost a superfight if you think about it. Johnson could easily drop to flyweight and be one of the top few in the world, if not the champion if UFC had the division ready.

desa

The bantam weights get no love. I suspect mighty mouse is gonna use a sonnen style approach to this fight but Cruz's awkward ass will throw him off in the second round.

Rur0ni said:
MMA should be every Saturday.
If you count every event we pretty much have something at least once a week.

I've had to rearrange my gym time around these early UFC saturday cards.

That reminded me of Condit-Hardy firstly because of the hair, and secondly because Sandoval didn't really make an explicit mistake; the headkick just beat out his punch. Tough loss.

Horrible entrance music. This is making me want to either sleep or end it all. I'd want something like Thiago Silva's - Sepultura. Get yourself and the crowd pumped up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Maklershed said:
Horrible entrance music. This is making me want to either sleep or end it all. I'd want something like Thiago Silva's - Sepultura. Get yourself and the crowd pumped up.
Was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom