• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good card looking forward to every fight on the main card, be interesting to see how Cruz performs after all the injuries he has suffered.

Main card - FOX Sports 1 - 10 p.m. E.T/BT Sport 2 - 3 am GMT.

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Dominick Cruz
Anthony Pettis vs. Eddie Alvarez
Travis Browne vs. Matt Mitrione
Ross Pearson vs. Francisco Trinaldo

Undercard - FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET/BT Sport 2 - 1 am GMT

Patrick Cote vs. Ben Saunders
Tim Boetsch vs. Ed Herman
Chris Wade vs. Mehdi Baghdad
Maximo Blanco vs. Luke Sanders

Undercard - UFC Fight Pass at 6 p.m. ET/ 11 pm GMT
Paul Felder vs. Daron Cruickshank
Charles Rosa vs. Kyle Bochniak
Ilir Latifi vs. Sean O'Connell
Rob Font vs. Joey Gomez
Francimar Barroso vs. Elvis Mutapcic

They put Felder vs Cruickshank and ma boy The Bricklayer on the fight pass prelims? :/

Also, looking forward to getting my career back on track after demolishing Ed 'Pee Wee' Herman.

They put Felder vs Cruickshank and ma boy The Bricklayer on the fight pass prelims? :/

Also, looking forward to getting my career back on track after demolishing Ed 'Pee Wee' Herman.

Is that you, Boestch?

If so glad to know that you post here on GAF, it's always interesting to hear what the pros have to say about the sport.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Who's ready for some spaghetti?

Honestly I want Cruz because I have a hate boner for anyone associated with TAM, former or not. Plus Cruz is sexy af.

06-DominickCruz_WEC47PostPresser.jpeg

WEC neva die.

Chesskid1

Banned
how hard is it coming back from an ACL tear? iirc cruz has like 2.

kinda wish UFC would show fighters going through rehabilition(?), i have no idea how bad injuries are or how much therapy they have to do to get healthy again. we never see fighters having to heal up through major injuries so it's not as compelling when they do overcome it.

how hard is it coming back from an ACL tear? iirc cruz has like 2.

kinda wish UFC would show fighters going through rehabilition(?), i have no idea how bad injuries are or how much therapy they have to do to get healthy again. we never see fighters having to heal up through major injuries so it's not as compelling when they do overcome it.

Everyone I've spoken to says that your knees are never "the same", but after rehab and patience, you do gain most if not all of the function back - yet you do still need to learn how your new movement works and that takes the longest.

For a guy with a style so centered in movement it absolutely will change how well Cruz can perform, no matter how much he claims it will not.

That being said, I hope he wins. TJ is a great fighter but Dom would make a better champion with his personality. I also love Dom's story and don't think if he hadn't been out for so long that anyone would have been able to beat him, including TJ.

After all of the time off, my biggest concern is for Cruz's cardio. I can easily see him winning the first two rounds and then have TJ start to turn on in the last three to win a decision. It could even be split, because Cruz's style never doesn't work as well with the judges as they view him as "running" and don't catch how many counters he lands.

FaceTurn

I don't understand why everyone is hating on TJ. Yes I know Conor called him a snake in the grass but don't fighters change camps all the time? Honestly TJ made a good choice switching to peanut butter selling Duane because if he stayed with Team Alpha Fail, he'd be runner up forever.

Remf

Looking forward to it. I would prefer it if TJ and Cruz knock each other out at the same time, but I'll settle for Cruz winning. Also curious to see if Pettis is back to his old form.

FUME5

I'm the only one in the office today, might sneak over to the pub for 30 to catch the main event.

I'll be happy for Dilla or Cruz to get the win, both enjoyable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom