• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 82 - Hendricks Vs Thompson 10 PM ET/3 AM GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Hendricks was only going 70% ya'll. He'll be back on track once he gives 100% in his next fight.
He's gonna be so depressed after this fight that he will balloon up to 230 pounds.

I can see Thompson giving Lawler A LOT of trouble. Lawler always gets kicked a lot (i.e. Rory was repeatedly landing kicks to the midsection that Lawler was not enjoying). I don't think he wants to eat kicks from Thompson.

giphy.gif

Isn't 230 his normal walk around weight?

He trimmed down a lot with his new nutritionist.

AaronB

Wonderboy v Lawler for the title would be amazing. I think Wonderboy would be favored in that matchup - he's more dynamic and diverse striker in a fight where neither is likely to go for takedowns much.

Wonderboy v Condit would arguably be even better. I know Condit has his health and family to worry about, but I hope he doesn't retire until after this fight happens.

Hendricks looked like a dolt. Hey continue to just walk straight forward maybe he will eventually stop tagging the crap out of you . Another in the line of dudes that tasted glory and lost that real hunger after losing the strap.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Be on the lookout for this guy (Michael Page) when/if he gets to the UFC. Same weight class, 6 foot 3 + very similar style and background to Thompson but a shit talker and cocky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq4RQGGCIZc
He needs to hurry up and get to the UFC already. Isn't he 29? A guy in his athletic prime, like he is, shouldn't be facing nobodies in Bellator.

By the way, 2 page thread for this event. I think we set a record!

He's gonna get knocked the fuck out in the UFC by top guys if he does that hands down bullshit ... just like Anderson eventually did.

All those people he is fighting in that vid look so overmatched.
So you mean when he's almost 40 and his speed drops after having done it successfully for almost a decade?

Nice.

Jezbollah

I just finish watching it on DVR. Fucking Wonderboy! He is legit.

I really don't know what to think of Hendricks.

He's gonna get knocked the fuck out in the UFC by top guys if he does that hands down bullshit ... just like Anderson eventually did.

All those people he is fighting in that vid look so overmatched.

He has a pretty good chin and hasn't taken that much damage in his career. He took a clean overhand right on the chin from some guy that looked like he outweighed him by 20lbs in a kickboxing match and ate it like nothing.

Hands down can be deceiving and part of your footwork tactic ala Dominick Cruz and in a similar fashion he makes guys miss over 70% of their shots on him.

It boggles my mind the UFC has not tried to scoop him up already as he has a personality to go with his skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom