• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 171 |OT| Ruthless Agression

Status
Not open for further replies.
qYYlR6T.jpg

START TIME IS 10PM ET/7PM PT, OK HEEL?

MAIN CARD PPV

XcTfEq2.png
R7DvcEm.png

WW: JOHNY HENDRICKS (C) vs ROBBIE LAWLER

only 2 ways this can go: either a fuckin borefest with Johny grinding Lawler for 25 minutes or a 3 minutes all out battle with someone taking a visit to the astral plane.

8FNgfCw.png
anzpAvV.png

WW: CARLOS CONDIT vs TYRON WOODLEY

fuck, is anyone NOT a fan of NBK? dude gonna work a clinic on Woodley for sure.

ShZN8PR.png
gTYlVe6.png

LW: DIEGO SANCHEZ vs MYLES JURY

fuck, is anyone a fan of Diego? only relevant thing he did was have his gimmick stolen by Daniel Bryan. hope Jury Duty wins but i can see Diego getting another bullshit decision.

UKbcWKB.png
MTlNySE.png

WW: JAKE SHIELDS vs HECTOR LOMBARD

i'd rather get fingered by Freddy Krueger's glove than watching Shields fight. holy shit, lit up a candle and pray Hector sends him into the stratosphere.

ySaNHJm.png
7Z0G9QF.png

LHW: OVINCE ST. PREUX vs NIKITA KRYLOV

who needs GSP when you have OSP? should be the big slugfest on the card, let's hope it delivers.

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX SPORTS 2/BT SPORT)

WW: KELVIN GASTELUM vs RICK STORY
WBTW: RAQUEL PENNINGTON vs JESSICA ANDRADE
FTW: DENNIS BERMUDEZ vs JIMY HETTES
WW: SEAN SPENCER vs ALEX GARCIA

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC FIGHT PASS/BT SPORT)

LW: RENEE FORTE vs FRANK TREVINO
FLW: WILL CAMPUZANO vs JUSTIN SCOGGINS
MW: ROBERT McDANIEL vs SEAN STRICKLAND
FTW: DANIEL PINEDA vs ROBERT WHITEFORD

Norml

Main event looks good. Lot's of underdogs who could easily win too, good for a cheap parlay.

Sanchez
Shields
Woodley
Lawler

Camwi

First card I've been excited for in awhile. I hope Hendricks doesn't try to grind out a boring decision

Same here on both points, though I have a feeling that that's exactly what Hendricks will do. Still, hoping Lawler gives Hendricks some good ol' KO humble pie.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
another weak card, but the main event and condit should be fun. would love to see robbie win, but i think hendricks is better everywhere. would also love to see hecto knock off jake's head but i ultimately think that will be a dull fight.

OSP IS DONE.

qhab1Pg.jpg

Nikita "Al Capone" Krylov COMING FOR THE GOLD, SUCKAH!

amazing he is ppv worthy. ufc 2014.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
another weak card, but the main event and condit should be fun. would also love to see hecto knock off jake's head but i ultimately think that will be a dull fight.
I'd argue the main card has the potential to be fun, I'm actually really excited for it. As for the prelims, I'm interested in seeing how Bermudez has improved and what Gastellum has been up to.

manfestival

That card looks like its bound to be full of lots of entertainment

wait you seriously hate diego sanchez? dude brings class entertainment to the UFC. even if hes not a top 5 fighter.

I am so excited for this card it hurts. Going to be amazing.

Unless Hendricks, Woodley and Shields wrestlefuck the whole time. That would be a colossal bummer.

Jitters

I feel like its been a minute since I have actually had interest in a card. I didn't even know 170 was on until the day of the event. I have a good feeling about this one though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Actually, this is a pretty decent card by 2014 standards

It's just a pretty good card overall. By 2014 standards this is the equivalent of a Pride Grand Prix. Even the prelims are pretty solid, three of those fights could conceivably replace OSP/Krylov on the main card.

Mission

LOL you could tell Shields was worried about making weight. I was wondering why he was so wide eyed as he walked in.

Corpsepyre

Banned
People missing weight. Don't they know how much Dana loses his shit when that happens? Lol. Shields really does look bad :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom