• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 171 |OT| Ruthless Agression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norml

Let's do this

jUsGSTf.png

What gang signs is he flashing?

Always nice to see Nick. Another fight with Lawler would be sweet.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Britney looks like every other strung out plastic model now

rip
The cocaine destroyed her hips ):
Look how much curvier she is in the first pic vs the second one. The bags under her eyes are much more pronounced too. Classic she been fucking with that yayo symptoms.

Razdek

Banned
Lawler gonna knock Hendricks out for sure after he barely made weight. Either that or lay and pray by Hedricks for 5 rounds.

Camwi

another weak card, but the main event and condit should be fun. would love to see robbie win, but i think hendricks is better everywhere. would also love to see hecto knock off jake's head but i ultimately think that will be a dull fight.

amazing he is ppv worthy. ufc 2014.

There's no way in hell Hendricks has better standup than Lawler.

The main event is going to be a jaw bone homerun derby and it's probably going to come down to dumb luck, just like Trujillo versus Varner. Can't wait.

Plus Hector "Little Legs Big Power" Lombard is in the mix . . . Take my money UFC.

mayweather-money.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
There's no way in hell Hendricks has better standup than Lawler.

i'd say we'll see but.... well, johnny boy may need help into the cage let alone out of it.

two bangers in the main event and NBK in co does not make a good card. nor does a few TUF winners/washouts. i'm still pro-ufc but this is not a good card. will watch, will be entertained, but its a far cry from good let alone stacked.

kamspy

I love how Dana took the time to say that Condit's performance would determine if he get's a shot. Not just a simple "win and you're in".

Which is the nice way of saying "If backpedal for 3 rounds like in the Diaz fight to play to the judges, we don't want you in a title fight".

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He's the worst offender to me.

Have we ever had a long term champ who cut like that?

Depends on who you ask. Especially before his fight against Gus, Jon Jones was widely accused of being a superheavyweight who only fights at LHW by Dana rigging the scales before every event. Anderson Silva is another notorious muscle beast who hides his real weight using secret Brazilian magicks.

Depends on who you ask. Especially before his fight against Gus, Jon Jones was widely accused of being a superheavyweight who only fights at LHW by Dana rigging the scales before every event. Anderson Silva is another notorious muscle beast who hides his real weight using secret Brazilian magicks.

Jon posted a picture of him at 230 on instagram. Took the picture down and posted it again saying he was at 225.

I want to say that they should put limits on how much weight you can cut, or monitor the process more, but we all know they would never do that

TheChits

Good luck man. Pennington is a pretty big gamble. Story is a great bet, Hettes/Bermudez is pretty even, and OSP may gas immediately. WAR POLY PARLAY

Good luck man. Pennington is a pretty big gamble. Story is a great bet, Hettes/Bermudez is pretty even, and OSP may gas immediately. WAR POLY PARLAY

Jessica Andrade was just okay against Rosi Sexton and Rosi Sexton is garbage. I'm confident in Raquel after being in a long training camp with the best training possible. Andrade ain't exactly Cat Zingano.

Heel

Story/Gastelum is an interesting fight. I don't think I could pick against Gastelum. Just way too much upside.

Heel

I'm picking Kelvin, but Story is a very live dog, especially with Gastelum coming off an injury

Oh yeah, definitely. I feel like Gastelum is the favorite based on potential more than anything that's currently quantifiable. Based on that I wouldn't even bet the fight. There's just so much that's unknown going into this fight to make it more than virtually flipping a coin. His injury, the weight cut, his inexperience and not really knowing how much he has improved as a young, 22 year old fighter.

let's not forget Diego has bullshit decisions go against him too. I think judges just toss coins when he fights. it's a shame too, because win or lose, they're usually great to watch aside from the judge bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom