• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

5kbvDj4.png

Yeah.... That ref was bad and he should feel bad. 1st poke - a warning. 2nd poke - point deducted.

Matt was all sorts of done after the second poke. Good on him for trying to fight back after getting poked the 2nd time.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Say what you will about Matt Mitrione (mostly say congratulations on your eye's upcoming child) but seven years ago on TUF I would not have expected him to be the kind of guy saying "nah, it's alright, I don't need to actually see. I get five minutes to stop seeing double right?" and trying to keep on fighting.

zewone

Even with the point deduction he would have still won the fight.

Eye pokes give you an advantage, besides screwing up your opponents vision it also makes them more hesitant to close the distance on you.

Matt was winning the fight prior to the two eye pokes.

Say what you will about Matt Mitrione (mostly say congratulations on your eye's upcoming child) but seven years ago on TUF I would not have expected him to be the kind of guy saying "nah, it's alright, I don't need to actually see. I get five minutes to stop seeing double right?" and trying to keep on fighting.
Big Country was a big piece of shit that season too.

He was clearly the most talented fighter in the house though, he should have been everybody's favorite to win going in. I definitely wouldn't have guessed he would last this long.
I figured he would win since he was good on that team MMA show (forget the name), but I meant he was shit cuz he just laid on people to get decisions.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Roy's strategy on TUF was hilarious. Win with as little effort as possible against total amateurs before revealing in the finale that he would rather throw his hand through a wall than take people down. The crucifix noogie win against Kimbo was one of the most satisfying moments in MMA history.

Hm, Pettis round 1 via better striking.

Alvarez had a lot of takedowns but barely did any damage and Pettis almost immediately gets up from being taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom