• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK 2023: PS5 is almost outselling NSW and X|S combined

Mr Hyde

PS5 is from another realm, its powers incomprehensible for us humans to fully understand. When we look upon the glowing stars in the starry-eyed sky, we see the twisted constellation of Jim Ryan, laughing as he transforms into a burning meteorite, embarking on a quest to obliterate any and all competition in the video game space.

200.gif

saintjules

Okay so PS5 is outselling, which it has done at various points over the last 2+ years. What does this mean now? Will the PS5 morph into a Super Saiyan PS5 Pro once it's in the many homes of users? :messenger_tongue: Thing is knowing these numbers don't mean much. It's forgotten within the day.

I'd understand if that now becomes an incentive for devs to step it up and not release broken games day 1.

Last edited:
Don't forget to report from Portugal, another very important market
What's wrong with the UK reports? It's the 3rd biggest country after US and Japan for consoles, and not to mention that all 3 big players (Sony, MS, Nintendo) are doing well in this market. If you want US numbers just wait for NPD/Circana as they'll release their stats later in the month.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
If the UK numbers are correlated with the other ones, then they are useful. I have never seen any evidence that says that the UK market is some sort of bizarre outlier or something like that.

Switch is untouchable.Even after 6+ years,. It's doing big numbers.It will likely end up surpassing PS2 sales.

it helps to release one of the best games ever.

Luigi Mario

If the UK numbers are correlated with the other ones, then they are useful. I have never seen any evidence that says that the UK market is some sort of bizarre outlier or something like that.
Definitely, the UK is Microsoft's second biggest market. Percentage wise compared to PS5 they might even be doing better than in the US.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XVI, Spiderman 2 (or that rumored PS5S) will increase the gap between PS5 and Xbox much more (Switch zelda oled did quite well in May), I don't understand why these types of threads about sales in one of the markets bother so much or the ratios in the sale of soft... well yes...

feynoob

Banned
If Sony fumbles this race, it would be the most disastrous race of all time.

The future packs unexpected results.

feynoob

Banned
Final Fantasy XVI, Spiderman 2 (or that rumored PS5S) will increase the gap between PS5 and Xbox much more (Switch zelda oled did quite well in May), I don't understand why these types of threads about sales in one of the markets bother so much or the ratios in the sale of soft... well yes...
It's fun to see kids arguing about boring stuff.

If people see the global ratio, most of these threads will be silent.

TrueLegend

Why would it not be.... You are in Jim Rya's PlayStation now... the bruv generation with all those beautiful live service games... and if you think this is where it stops.. Just you watch, he is taking PlayStation to a cliff, the highest cliff.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Well it's kind of hard for Microsoft to all of a sudden win a gen. Can they get closer?

Sure they can.
If the gap is 10m-20m by the end of this gen, yeah that is not good for Sony.

We saw MS trying to buy Activision. Who knows what they will do if that deal fails. They are not shy of spending that much money.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What's wrong with the UK reports? It's the 3rd biggest country after US and Japan for consoles, and not to mention that all 3 big players (Sony, MS, Nintendo) are doing well in this market. If you want US numbers just wait for NPD/Circana as they'll release their stats later in the month.
I thought people will get reference back in 2020 there was an account here which are claiming that Xbox is doomed and citing Portugal sales.

If the gap is 10m-20m by the end of this gen, yeah that is not good for Sony.

We saw MS trying to buy Activision. Who knows what they will do if that deal fails. They are not shy of spending that much money.

The gap being that large is great for Sony. Maybe you meant that Microsoft would overtake Sony by 10-20 million. I don't think that's going to happen.

feynoob

Banned
Pretty sure global gap is already at that point.
Fortunately it seems to be gaas in addition to their single player experiences they are known for, and not a replacement for them.
They need to keep it that way, and not piss of their fans.
It's already bad that games take 3-5 years to make these days. Adding too much live service means certain games will take longer time to make.

feynoob

Banned
The gap being that large is great for Sony. Maybe you meant that Microsoft would overtake Sony by 10-20 million. I don't think that's going to happen.
Not, I mean the gap between PS and Xbox becoming 10m-20m.

For example, PS5 sells 100+m, while XbS sells 80+m. This is not a good look, considering Xbox one vs PS4 gap was huge. And it will be a matter of time before both consoles go neck to neck when the new gen comes out.

Anything can happen in these remaining years, so I am not gonna take the current gap as a win. Either company could hinder their momentum with a simple stupid mistake.

Not, I mean the gap between PS and Xbox becoming 10m-20m.

For example, PS5 sells 100+m, while XbS sells 80+m. This is not a good look, considering Xbox one vs PS4 gap was huge. And it will be a matter of time before both consoles go neck to neck when the new gen comes out.

Anything can happen in these remaining years, so I am not gonna take the current gap as a win. Either company could hinder their momentum with a simple stupid mistake.

Well currently it doesn't seem like it's going to sell more than 80 million. If sales don't increase soon then its not very probably they will pass that mark.

Top Bottom