• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Not really. Standard night out without buying a drink really. Had grand plans this year but all fell through.

I'm going to find some poor woman to put the moves on though.

3 grams of Annihilation and free drinks then ?

Keep safe man.

Got my driving test this week. Pretty worrying lol i could be devastated or over the moon looking to buy a nice cheap motor.. all within a few days.

Looking to buy a 1999 cosra for around 500 quid, there's a good few on ad trader/gumtree.

Once i pass my test my plans include:

Buying a Scottish music CD and driving up to the highlands.

Seanbob11

3 grams of Annihion and free drinks then ?

Keep safe man.

Got my driving test this week. Pretty worrying lol i could be devastated or over the moon looking to buy a nice cheap motor.. all within a few days.

Looking to buy a 1999 cosra for around 500 quid, there's a good few on ad trader/gumtree.

Once i pass my test my plans include:

Buying a Scottish music CD and driving up to the highlands.

You might struggle with that, 99 Corsas don't have cd players :p

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
please let kentpaul be an godfather just for the lols

I like this man's ideas and wish to invest.

Man I do not feel hungover toda, and I was wasted last night. Must be the 12" pizza I bought at the end of the night. Gonna go tesco now and buy a load of chicken goujons or something, and some beers, no cure like it.

Seanbob11

Don't tell anyone when your test is. I'm telling you this is a real curse, all my friends who said when their test was failed. Don't do it!!!

L1NETT

Have I Got News For You is back woop woop

Woop Woop indeed. Hopefully they have some good hosts. David Mitchell, Clarkson, Charlie Brooker, Martin Freeman, Richard Osman (Pointless is my religion) would make be a happy bunny.

Welp, just seen it is Jo Brand and Claire Balding first 2 eps. Yawn :/

---

Happy birthday 3Sixty, have a good'un!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm online for the first time in over 24 hours, and just discovering the Wales vs. Scotland score.

Scotland are absolutely, completely and utterly pathetic. I'm sure that our media will kick into a frenzy and demand another managerial change do-si-do, but we could have Sir. Alex manage our squad and it wouldn't make a difference. As the great Brock Lesnar once said, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

And I had all-you-can-eat Japanese BBQ tonight for dinner. I ate at least 2KG of meat. I guess buying that air-freshener for the bathroom was a great idea in retrospect.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm online for the first time in over 24 hours, and just discovering the Wales vs. Scotland score.

Scotland are absolutely, completely and utterly pathetic. I'm sure that our media will kick into a frenzy and demand another managerial change do-si-do, but we could have Sir. Alex manage our squad and it wouldn't make a difference. As the great Brock Lesnar once said, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

To be fair, Scotland were robbed.

Disallowed goal for no apparent reason and Bale dived big time to get the penalty.

Seanbob11

Disallowed goal for no apparent reason and Bale dived big time to get the penalty.

Over the 90 minutes they were the better side. At times they passed us off the pitch. We're a nation of bottlers, always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sore losers :p

So I just caught up with Season 5 of Breaking Bad. Holy shit at that last scene! When is the 2nd half of the season back on?

Now to catch up with Sons of Anarchy.

industrian

Over the 90 minutes they were the better side. [...]

Well, at least if anything we can take solace in the fact we've got the best excuse-makers on the planet. :p We've got them for every occasion. All that matters is the win - something that we seem constantly incapable of doing. Whether this is a lack of drive/hunger on the part of the players, tactical incompetence or just zero talent from the players we need to address this problem head on. Turning out premier division into something more than a thinly-veiled protectionist scheme should be the first step, but that's never going to happen.

It's days like this I'm thankful I've got Dutch heritage so I've got a raison d'être to support a team that's not shit (well, that and being 2 metres tall and all.)

f0rk

I'm glad i only started watching Breaking Bad when Season 4 was out, don't thing i could have coped with waiting all the time!

I think reading A Song Of Ice and Fire is the worst in this respect. I finished A Feast for Crows just before A Dance with Dragons came out and now there is no sign of the next one. At least Breaking Bad has a set schedule.

Mikeside

I think reading A Song Of Ice and Fire is the worst in this respect. I finished A Feast for Crows just before A Dance with Dragons came out and now there is no sign of the next one. At least Breaking Bad has a set schedule.

That's why I stopped reading ADWD. I decided I'll read it when they set a date for book 6 so the wait won't seem quite so long

Scuderia

Indeed, i've been considering reading ASOIAF too recently.

I have other shows to put me on until S5 part 2, but they just don't live up to it!

Suairyu

Banned
Back. I miss you guys and all you're doing is fighting in that Steam community so it can't act as a replacement.

Also I see motherfuckers slagging off handjobs, 69ing and (God's gift to man) tittywanking in my absence. GAF needs me.

I think it's very disheartening that so many enlightened members feel they need to leave simply because they suspect that someone might say something that offends them somewhere down the line.
Well that's a depressingly dishonest reading of what I said.

My problem was with Evilore's double standards and his de facto encouragement of feminist witch hunt crowd, not that people are able to offend. I'm sure I've offended plenty in my tenure here, most of the time for good reason, occasionally because I was being wrong/ignorant/a dick.

SKINNER!

Banned
Not really. Standard night out without buying a drink really. Had grand plans this year but all fell through.

I'm going to find some poor woman to put the moves on though.

Haha, Nice! sounds like you're in for one hell of a night.

And I had all-you-can-eat Japanese BBQ tonight for dinner. I ate at least 2KG of meat. I guess buying that air-freshener for the bathroom was a great idea in retrospect.

I've been out all day so I'm too scared to look up the score now :( fuck sake. How the Tartan Army puts up with their consistent shit performances; I will never know.

Good luck with your driving test kentpaul! Eagerly waiting to see you racing down the M8 in your Corsa.

industrian

I think I'm getting a cold. Just my luck really. I'm going to Hong Kong next Tuesday-Thursday and hopefully it clears by then, otherwise going through those quarantine procedures will be a treat.
I've been suffering with one for the past few days and it's not nice at all. Chicken soup is on the cards for lunch.

Rather surprisingly, my cold actually went away overnight.

Drinking hot water goes a long way.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm watching so much horror this month. Just saw Event Horizon for the first time. Brilliant dumb fun. Also, Sam Neil, who never got as many big roles as he should have. He made The Tudors season 1.

Other horror films I saw for the first time this week:
Halloween (Carpenter's original)
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Dracula (starring Bela Lugosi)

I'm watching so much horror this month. Just saw Event Horizon for the first time. Brilliant dumb fun. Also, Sam Neil, who never got as many big roles as he should have. He made The Tudors season 1.

How have you never seen these?

I hope Nightmare was the original and not the ever so shitty remake

Qasiel

Rather surprisingly, my cold actually went away overnight.

Drinking hot water goes a long way.
Mine's starting to shift now. Not so sniffly, but still feeling like crap and now I have a cough for my troubles.

Still, a day at Brands Hatch watching the Superbikes tomorrow will be a good distraction, even if I have to go all suited and booted (although, I look good in a suit if I say so myself).

Suairyu

Banned
How have you never seen these?

I hope Nightmare was the original and not the ever so shitty remake
Oh there's a remake? Lawl. Yeah, original.

I've never seen them because horror films stopped scaring me around age 14 so I thought them pointless.

Now I'm older and wiser, and I can see their artistry, historical importance and (often) sexual, gender and political subversion and enjoy it for that.

And then every once in a while one of them actually scares me and it's cool.

Nothing will top Alien though. Scariest film ever made.

Oh there's a remake? Lawl. Yeah, original.

I've never seen them because horror films stopped scaring me around age 14 so I thought them pointless.

Now I'm older and wiser, and I can see their artistry, historical importance and (often) sexual, gender and political subversion and enjoy it for that.

And then every once in a while one of them actually scares me and it's cool.

Nothing will top Alien though. Scariest film ever made.

I mainly watch them for the hilarity. Never been scared by them really.

Don't bother with the Nightmare remake, it was so bad it was almost painful to watch.

Mr. Sam

The Exorcist scares the shit out of me. I couldn't sleep the night I first saw it. Sad, I know.

Jaws used to terrify me but then I hit puberty. Still a great film though.

Been hunting for Halloween on blu-ray for a reasonable price lately. That and The Thing - absolutely timeless.

And, obviously, Alien.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah! I saw Event Horizon for the first time last halloween in the best way possible - in a room full of 6 of my mates with the lights off taking the piss the whole way through. When that black guy comes back with the boosters we nearly wet outselves laughing and cheering. That film is so bad to have so much respect but we enjoyed the experience.

We also watched Suspiria that night and hell yes, that is also a film you need to watch with your friends sight-unseen. It is bewildering and hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom