• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

sephi22 said:
Was watching Maximillian's final Assist me and got inspired to take Frank from Level 1 to Level 5 with as small an effort as possible. Got it! No drink, 2 bars.

Did I just blow your mind GAF?

The notation is -> L, M, H, S, j. M, j. M, j. M, j. S, A1+A2 (mash), qcf+S (get to level 3), qcf+ H (ground bounce), qcf +S (level 5 and reset).

You can also do L, M, H, A1+A2 and do the rest. Doing a raw A1+A2 does around 46 hits, which become 92 exp by the end, so you need another couple of hits for Level 5.
LRxv7.gif

sephi22

crimsonspider89 said:
A person over at SRK said you can DHC from Skrull's inferno hyper into the cart and then camera and you will hit level 5 due to the number of hits.
Umm... I did this on my ghetto stream. IIRC I had to XFC to hit the camera shot. Both setups take 2 bars, but this Dante-Frank one seems way more viable to me. I will keep working with Frank in the lab though.

Red Arremer said:
Yea, this day is wack. Karst making jokes, Q not wanting to see naked Firebrand, you going back to a Darkstalkers character as avatar.

I'm so confused.
I don't know, man. I'd use an ASW avatar, but I don't like repeating them across forums and none of the Shishigami Bang ones work too well. Morrigan is the only other Darktalker I would use right now and my old avatar just makes me sad when I look it. This version of Morrigan is how she should look in MvC3 which is why I like it.

Maybe an Anji avatar could work...

Edit: dammit I wish there were more squigly concept art out there.

Soulstar

sephi22 said:
Was watching Maximillian's final Assist me and got inspired to take Frank from Level 1 to Level 5 with as small an effort as possible. Got it! No drink, 2 bars.

Did I just blow your mind GAF?

The notation is -> L, M, H, S, j. M, j. M, j. M, j. S, A1+A2 (mash), qcf+S (get to level 3), qcf+ H (ground bounce), qcf +S (level 5 and reset).

You can also do L, M, H, A1+A2 and do the rest. Doing a raw A1+A2 does around 46 hits, which become 92 exp by the end, so you need another couple of hits for Level 5.

So lets see I could have the team Frank/Dante/?. Can't decide who I want for a third character... maybe someone with a beam assist.

Love the smash bros joke btw.

sephi22 said:
Umm... I did this on my ghetto stream. IIRC I had to XFC to hit the camera shot. Both setups take 2 bars, but this Dante-Frank one seems way more viable to me. I will keep working with Frank in the lab though.
did you have to XFC? i remember someone saying the timing window for the camera was pretty tight.

but it's not like i know what i'm talking about anyways :(

Red Arremer said:
As I mentioned, the device is part of at least one animation (the level 3), and substantial in that hyper (it glows and shit), and as Karst mentioned, it also is in her behavior and quotes. So it's silly to assume they would take it off.
I know, I'm still just bitter that they removed MvC2 Jill for this. And if they are intent on keeping her this way in MvC3, they should at least pick an alt that complements her current state.

Putting her in her RE3 outfit will still under mind control is just mean.

Gunloc said:
I know, I'm still just bitter that they removed MvC2 Jill for this. And if they are intent on keeping her this way in MvC3, they should at least pick an alt that complements her current state.

Putting her in her RE3 outfit will still under mind control is just mean.
Wesker gets lonely sometimes.

Mr Touchdown said:

Can I still call you Becquerel?

lmao, that green hat.
No you can't. I've been taking off that handle shortly after I registered but before I got activated, and I actually prefer this since it's my handle in pretty much every other online community I'm in.

IntelliHeath said:
o_o how did you change the name?

176330-67644-doctor-strange_super.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Red Arremer said:
No you can't. I've been taking off that handle shortly after I registered but before I got activated, and I actually prefer this since it's my handle in pretty much every other online community I'm in.

B-b-buu, you can't NOT be Becquerel.

Pretty nice that you managed to snag Red Arremer at every other online community.

GuardianE said:
B-b-buu, you can't NOT be Becquerel.

Pretty nice that you managed to snag Red Arremer at every other online community.

Well almost. Twitter had it taken already so it's "ItsRedArremer", haha. But I'm trying! It's not a very common nick to say the least, if it was still open on GAF.

SolarPowered said:
Wait I thought I was talking to Q.

wut

MINDFUCKS EVERYWHERE TONIGHT!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
oh god ultimate really is close reality itself is breaking down

shit there's tea tables outside migrating south for the winter

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Back in March, we were finalizing our alternate color schemes for this game and hitting a bit of a roadblock when it came to Rocket--he just hasn’t worn that many different colors. Then Marvel editor John Denning came to the rescue with a most timely and unexpected email. This is straight from my inbox on March 28:

“You had asked us last month for some Rocket Raccoon ref for his possible inclusion in the next edition of MvC. Since then we have a new short coming up that will feature Rocket Raccoon going up against various alternate versions of himself. We thought it would be cool if one of those alternate selves was also one of the alternate costumes in the game, to create some connectivity for the comic with the game.

“As some random examples of what we’re talking about, it is a spoof where Rocket faces different versions of him created to build a franchise of action figures. So he might be up against Western Raccoon, or Goth Raccoon (black eyeliner already provided by nature!), or Spider-Raccoon. The book is only at pitch stage, so we still have some flexibility in the specific alternate RRs that we introduce.”

Over the next few weeks, Capcom ran with the concept and developed about 15 possibilities that John, Bill Rosemann (his fellow editor of Annihilators) and I checked out. We could have gone with any one of them, but the clear-cut favorite was our unanimous choice--Rocket in camouflage, as you see here.

From GameSpot's article (Rocket Raccoon Alt Colors)

Look at bold words. I found it very interesting.

zlatko

Banned
Which of the new characters theme songs do you guys like the best?

I think for me it's a tie between P.Wright and Nova. Both are god like. :)

This avatar will do until she is revealed.
zlatko said:

Phoenix Wright's normal theme
Nova's theme
Iron Fist theme

In that order. Everyone else ranges from alright(RR, Nemesis, Doctor Strange) to terrible or forgettable(Frank, Strider).
IntelliHeath said:
http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/marvelcapcom-week11/image-feature/index.html?image=7

Feh, I don't care. I want more iterations from them even they are planning during right now. I WANT MORE CHARACTERS! :)

Hopefully next iteration will be more contents and characters with plenty of developing times, just like SF x TK. (Like that would happens.)
The only way MvC3 will get a real update is if a Darktalkers game is on the horizon. Capcom is bound to throw zero money at that project in favor of other games they are working on considering their track record with the characters and the series.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
zlatko said:

Definitely Hawkeye. It makes everything better.

Followed by Phoenix Wright (Non-Turnabout mode is frigging awesome. Turnabout is good too) and Nova (Nova, never backing from action he's / Nova, the protector of galaxies!).

I was surprised with Nemesis theme growing on me, because the back end of it is awesome!

I doubt it. The guy in the e-mail said so himself. The next version of MvC3. Capcom knew what they were doing. After all, didn't the same thing happen for SFIV? I recall reading that right after finishing SFIV, someone had to make music for SSFIV right away and he was surprised.

IntelliHeath said:
I see "next edition of MVC."
The game was only in our hands for six weeks and they were already talking about "the next mvc" lol.

This game was going to come out whether or not the Earthquake happened, honestly. Next year is all about SFxTekken and they weren't going to wait more than a year to sell us a new game.
AnkiRendan said:
I doubt it. The guy in the e-mail said so himself. The next version of MvC3. Capcom knew what they were doing. After all, didn't the same thing happen for SFIV? I recall reading that right after finishing SFIV, someone had to make music for SSFIV right away and he was surprised.
People keep comparing this situation to the one with SFIV and I don't understand why. The wait for SSFIV was something like fourteen months compared to the MvC3-UMvC3 jump.

It was nearly twice as fast as the SSFIV update and more than twice as fast as the update from Blazblue continuum shift 2 to EX that people are bitching about.

SolarPowered said:
The game was only in our hands for six weeks and they were already talking about "the next mvc" lol.

This game was going to come out whether or not the Earthquake happened, honestly. Next year is all about SFxTekken and they weren't going to wait more than a year to sell us a new game.

People keep comparing this situation to the one with SFIV and I don't understand why. The wait for SSFIV was something like fourteen months compared to the MvC3-UMvC3 jump.

It was nearly twice as fast as the SSFIV update and more than twice as fast as the update from Blazblue continuum shift 2 to EX that people are bitching about.

Dat Marvel license.

Korigama said:
It looks like the second of the videos focusing on what Strange's projectile counter hyper works on is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGDelamSI4E&feature=channel_video_title

Regarding the "anywhere, minimal start-up" type hypers...

-Magneto's Gravity Squeeze: yes (established in the first vid)
-RR's air strike: yes
-Phoenix Wright's Lv. 3: lol no

*stands by for incoming salt*
That's an awesome video. Makes me curious about what Wesker and Tasky can stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom