• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Man you really can't sleep on Marvel GAF when it's close to release time.

DLC alts for Shuma/Jills are nice, RE3 Jill is a nice surprise.

Sephi can you check some normal vs X Factor (1 to 3) values for me please? Use the character's LVL3 or their main unmashable hyper as the base value like you did with Vergil.

Wesker
Sentinel
Dark Phoenix
Spencer
Wolverine
Iron Man
Nemesis

sephi22

Dahbomb said:
Wesker
Sentinel
Dark Phoenix
Spencer
Wolverine
Iron Man
Nemesis

The order is base, XF1, XF2, XF3.

Wesker (level 3):

Sentinel (HSF 9 hits):

Dark Phoenix (Phoenix Rage):

Spencer (Bionic Arm):

Wolverine (Weapon X):

Iron Man (Level 3):

Nemesis (Level 3):

Nemesis' basic Bnb does 1.17 million in XF 3 without using a hyper as an ender, 1.4 million with hyper.

JazzmanZ

Man seeing that Shuma alt makes me hope they make Nemesis Alt Tryant.

re_tyrant_boxboxart_160w.jpg

I'm sure if they can make it a background character in the RE stage I'm sure it could be playable too.

Hey Sephi, have you seen if Ammy has any XF infinites this time around? I've always assumed that the only thing that prevented her from having any with the glaive in the last game was her almost inexistent speed boost, and since she finally got one in Ultimate I'm hoping she got an infinite.

SolarKnight said:
Hey Sephi, have you seen if Ammy has any XF infinites this time around? I've always assumed that the only thing that prevented her from having any with the glaive in the last game was her almost inexistent speed boost, and since she finally got one in Ultimate I'm hoping she got an infinite.

Even if she has a speed boost now, most of the hit stun has been decreased, right? Wouldn't that prevent this?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
corrosivefrost said:
Even if she has a speed boost now, most of the hit stun has been decreased, right? Wouldn't that prevent this?
Some moves aren't subject to hitstun decay. This is how XF infinites become possible in the first place.

Of course, who knows whether that's been adjusted or not.

Who knows? Her glaive is fast as hell already, which is why I feel it should infinite in XF now, but because of what you say about HSD I'm not so sure, so I'm asking :p

V_Arnold

Doing some quick math on them (in order:)
1.3-1.5-1.7 really seems to be the "base modifier" with a normal circumstance.

What I noticed is that Phoenix has an inherited DF boost that strengthens the damage with 0.05/0.2/0.35

Wesker 1.3/1.5/1.7
Sent 1.3/1.5/1.7
DP 1.35/1.7/2.05
Spencer 1.35/1.6/1.85
Wolvie WX: 1.25/1.45/1.65**
Iron Man 1.25/1.5/1.75*
Nemesis: 1.4/1.65/1.9***

*Interestingly, what he loses' on XF1 gains back on XF3.
**Here, he is constantly doing a 0.05 less than others (compared to 1.3/1.5/1.7)
***Buffs amount is 0.1,0.15,0.2, so it is 0.1+(XF.lv-1*0.05)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is anyone with an early copy of the game able to confirm whether Jill and Shuma's alternate costumes come with at least one additional alternate color?

Bizazedo

GuardianE said:
Is anyone with an early copy of the game able to confirm whether or not Jill and Shuma's alternate costumes come with at least one additional alternate color?
I'm in awe that no one has asked this up until now, but yeah, that's a good point.

I'd bet no, though.

I am not that good at marvel just like the game a lot. I have a question to those who play tournaments though.

Will you guys have Dr. Strange on your team as a counter to Phoenix players? Or based on what you have seen you don't think Phoenix will be played anymore? Or there is another character or team more suited for her?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
I wonder if after a level 3, Iron Man would have enough time to swap out for Frank West into OTG Camera.
Damn, I think there would be plenty. That's a really good idea to test out. It does 68 hits regularly, how many does it do mashed?

If someone w/ the game could try this out that'd be awesome.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Damn, I think there would be plenty. That's a really good idea to test out. It does 68 hits regularly, how many does it do mashed?

If someone w/ the game could try this out that'd be awesome.

Pretty sure it does, like 80+. I can't check Max's mashing vid from here.

Magneto, Dante, Strange, Skrull, Dormammu, X-23, Shuma and Spider Man are all solid Phoenix Counters. She'll probably get less play from now on, but she'll still be around.

LegatoB

too much eslim said:
I am not that good at marvel just like the game a lot. I have a question to those who play tournaments though.

Will you guys have Dr. Strange on your team as a counter to Phoenix players? Or based on what you have seen you don't think Phoenix will be played anymore? Or there is another character or team more suited for her?
Phoenix is absolutely still going to be played. Strange looks like a decent potential counterpick, since his projectile counter is far better than other similar options (there's a reason nobody uses Wesker's), but I think the bigger impact is going to come from the drastically reduced meter gain speed. It's going to be a lot easier to snap in Phoenix early and run your mixups than it used to be, if only because you're likely to have more chances per match to do it before she hits five bars.

Dahbomb

Thanks Sephi you are GODLIKE!!!

The numbers are pretty much in accordance with my personal estimates. Wesker, Spencer, Wolverine and Sentinel got nerfed where as someone like Iron Man still has the same values. DP is still bull shit of course.

And you can add Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil and Firebrand to the list of potential Phoenix good match ups. If Vergil has 2 bars DP is getting opened up... period.

Bizazedo

LegatoB said:
It's going to be a lot easier to snap in Phoenix early and run your mixups than it used to be, if only because you're likely to have more chances per match to do it before she hits five bars.
It's almost looking like it'll be possible to just wipe out the first two guys normally in some situations and not even worry about a snap in (assuming a one sided match, obviously).

It always bugged me in vanilla just utterly demolishing the first two guys could, a lot of the time, give her almost the meter she needed.

Ookami-Kun said:
Wait, so the Jill/Shuma costumes are already unlocked if the characters were bought during MvC3?
Yepper. Makes sense, imho. To sell them separately would incite a more negative reaction.

God's Beard said:
Magneto, Dante, Strange, Skrull, Dormammu, X-23, Shuma and Spider Man are all solid Phoenix Counters. She'll probably get less play from now on, but she'll still be around.
Really? I always thought one of the toughest things to do is to actually get a hit in on Dark Phoenix just because she can spam so many projectiles all over the place. I understand they nerf her somewhat but still figured it will be difficult just to get in that first hit.

I have seen so many people get blown up just because it is hard for them to touch her.

LakeEarth

LegatoB said:
Phoenix is absolutely still going to be played. Strange looks like a decent potential counterpick, since his projectile counter is far better than other similar options (there's a reason nobody uses Wesker's), but I think the bigger impact is going to come from the drastically reduced meter gain speed. It's going to be a lot easier to snap in Phoenix early and run your mixups than it used to be, if only because you're likely to have more chances per match to do it before she hits five bars.
Yeah the "taking damage" meter gain seems highly reduced. I'm really happy about that, MvC3 meter gain for getting hit was ridiculous.

too much eslim said:
Really? I always thought one of the toughest things to do is to actually get a hit in on Dark Phoenix just because she can spam so many projectiles all over the place. I understand they nerf her somewhat but still figured it will be difficult just to get in that first hit.

I have seen so many people get blown up just because it is hard for them to touch her.
Vs Dark Phoenix it can be bad, but all these characters are good at killing her before then, some can kill right when she transforms.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
Thanks Sephi you are GODLIKE!!!

The numbers are pretty much in accordance with my personal estimates. Wesker, Spencer, Wolverine and Sentinel got nerfed where as someone like Iron Man still has the same values. DP is still bull shit of course.

Yes, thanks, Sephi. That data is awesome. I wonder how much Akuma now does in X-Factor, though. Wong did consider him to be the best anchor in the game, after all. I've been OCV'd by Level 3 X-Factor Akuma a few times too many.

sephi22

GuardianE said:
I wonder if after a level 3, Iron Man would have enough time to swap out for Frank West into OTG Camera.
Yes.
I crossed 100+ with combo into Iron Avenger, raw tag into Frank, OTG -> Level 5.

Works with Gravity Squeeze too.

God's Beard said:
Vs Dark Phoenix it can be bad, but all these characters are good at killing her before then, some can kill right when she transforms.
So as of now would you say Dr. Strange is probably the best option for Dark Phoenix?

too much eslim said:
So as of now would you say Dr. Strange is probably the best option for Dark Phoenix?
Ehhh... I dunno. Him or Skrull, maybe? I mean, DP is bad for everyone. You can counter feathers, but whether she recovers before the beam hits in lvl 3 xfactor is kinda up in the air, and how fast it auto corrects. Still, you could pillar the traps or whatever.

Dahbomb

Thanks to air X factor Ammy and Storm are going to be much better Phoenix killers now.

Wait for DP activate... Hailstorm/Okami Shuffle -> Air X Factor -> Go in for high/low mix up

Also Akuma and DP have high X factor bonuses but their time in XF is less than other characters. DP I am 90% sure has the least time in LVL3 XF.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
God's Beard said:
Ehhh... I dunno. Him or Skrull, maybe? I mean, DP is bad for everyone. You can counter feathers, but whether she recovers before the beam hits in lvl 3 xfactor is kinda up in the air, and how fast it auto corrects. Still, you could pillar the traps or whatever.

I think she's slowed down in general. Unless DP is teleporting right before the super flash, I imagine it would auto correct. I guess that's something for testing. It was confirmed that once Strange's counter Hyper is activated, all the opponent's projectiles pretty much disappear... which I would think includes traps.

sephi22 said:
Akuma (SGS):

Thanks again, sephi!

1: 132%
1: 155%
3: 177%

Along with the scaling adjustments to X-Factor, I think that'll be much better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
I think she's slowed down in general. Unless DP is teleporting right before the super flash, I imagine it would auto correct. I guess that's something for testing. It was confirmed that once Strange's counter Hyper is activated, all the opponent's projectiles pretty much disappear... which I would think includes traps.
Isn't Strange completely invincible during that time anyways?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Isn't Strange completely invincible during that time anyways?

Yeah, but I'm sure he has recovery. If, as God's Beard suggests, she manages to teleport behind Strange so that his counter misses (which I think is unlikely), then she could punish.

Dahbomb

Yes he is, he can even evade some physical moves if he times it right thanks to the invincibility.

Strange is pretty much the best character against Dark Phoenix. He has multiple options against Dark Phoenix to one shot her.

Also if you miss the projectile counter and she tries to punish, you can just X factor -> Spell of Vishanti or counter again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom