• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

It doesn't hit upon cross up, doesn't have different ranges, can't be made safe with a powered up hyper, doesn't go over mid screen range and can't be comboed from.

Not even close to the Berderper Slash. It's closer to Cap's new flip which is also really good.

WOW @ that Iron Fist data. *Goes into analyzing mode*

Iron Fist builds 150% meter during green chi!!! :O :O :O

Sephi can you check effects of various projectiles on blue chi? Like start with Hadoukens, Soul Fit, move up to Task arrows and then finally beams and hypers. That's probably the attribute most people want to know about.

Red chi gives 120% damage boost

Blue chi gives 20-25% damage reduction on attacks

sephi22

sephi22 said:
Iron Fist Research:

Basic Series (LMHS, air MMHS)
Base: 333,400
Red Chi: 400,100

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Fist of Fury hyper
Base (Unmashed): 510,000
Red Chi (Unmashed): 612,400

Base (Mashed): 541,100
Red Chi (Mashed): 649,300

Basic Series + Overhead OTG +Volcanic Roar hyper
Base (Unmashed): 542,100
Red Chi (Unmashed): 649,900

Base (Mashed): 578,600
Red Chi (Mashed): 694,500

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Level 3
Base: 756,500
Red Chi: 827,800

Extended Series (LMH, qcf+L, qcf+M (crumple), S, MMHS, qcb+M (OTG), qcb+L (low kick), qcb + S/qcf+S (Rising Fang/Shoulder wallbounce) :
Base: 436,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 523,000
Red Chi (Activated after crumple): 470,200

Extended Series + Volcanic Roar:
Base (Mashed): 637,800
Red Chi (Throughout) (Mashed): 756,200

Extended Series + Level 3:
Base: 836,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 923,000

BLUE CHI:

Damage taken from Hawkeye's Level 1 Single Arrow Hyper:
Base: 250,000
With Blue Chi: 200,000

Damage taken from Iron Fist's Basic Series + OTG + Level 3:
Base: 756,500
With Blue Chi: 685,000

GREEN CHI:

Meter built from Basic Series:
Base: 40%
With Chi: 60%

Meter built from Extended Series:
Base: 80%
With Chi: 120%

Assists with Red Chi:

Rising Fang:
Base: 130,000
Red Chi: 156,000

Dragon's Touch:
Base: 100,000
Red Chi: 120,000

Crescent Heel:
Base: 85,000
Red Chi: 102,000

Quoting for new page.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GuardianE said:
Is anyone with an early copy of the game able to confirm whether Jill and Shuma's alternate costumes come with at least one additional alternate color?

Nope, just one alternate outfit is available. Same as the Ryu/Thor/Cap/Iron Man/Chris/Dante alt DLC from vanilla MvC3.

Ookami-kun said:
Wait, so the Jill/Shuma costumes are already unlocked if the characters were bought during MvC3?

Yes, but I am not certain if they are available for simply having Jill and Shuma, or having them AND the MvC3 alt DLC together.

Dahbomb

The damage reduction from Hawkeye's arrow and that combo is different for blue chi.

It might reduce projectile damage more or that might be a case of scaling issue.

As expected, you should basically be in blue chi for the majority of the battle until you get a hit confirm. If it does have multiple hits of projectile invulnerability Iron Fist can basically just rekka through minor projectiles.

The green chi is something I see only being used on Phoenix teams. 150% meter gain on attacks/combos is nothing to sleep on but on other teams it's just superior to go for the red chi power up which is a mini-XF on deck for free.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nice to see solid numbers for Iron Fist's chi system. I figured he would end up being in Blue chi most of the match, and the damage reduction he gains from it pretty much makes him a 1.1mil character almost.

sephi22

Dahbomb said:
The damage reduction from Hawkeye's arrow and that combo is different for blue chi.
It might reduce projectile damage more or that might be a case of scaling issue.
I believe its because the Blue chi ends by the end the enemy Iron Fist finishes the extended combo.

I just tried it with Captain America Basic Series, L Shield Slash, H. Charging Star (No mash)
Base: 555,200
Blue Chi: 443,800

As for the projectile versus Blue chi, its weird. I might have to make a video for it. Basically, the latter half of the 'chi activation' animation ignores effects of single hit projectiles, but Iron Fist still takes the reduced damage.

Tested against Hawkeye:

Triple Arrow (3 hits):
Base: 135,400
Blue Chi: 108,300

Net Arrow (1 hit):
Base: 50,000
Blue Chi: 40,000

Lightning Arrow (3 hits):
Base: 149,000
Blue Chi: 119,200

Poison Arrow (1 hit):
Base: 50,000
Blue Chi: 40,000

Freeze Arrow (1 hit):
Base: 80,000
Blue Chi: 64,000

Chain Arrow (3 hits):
Base: 108,300
Blue Chi: 86,700

Hyper Arrow (1 hit):
Base: 250,000
Blue Chi: 200,000

Now, as I said, the activation eats up single hit attacks (physical or projectile), but I believe it doesn't eat up 'grab' attacks. So if you hit Iron Fist with Poison Arrow, Freeze Arrow, or even the Hyper Arrow during the latter half of his activation animation, he will take reduced damage but will not go into hitstun. The arrows will also not do their effects (freeze arrow won't freeze) but poison arrow will still damage over time.

However, the multi-hit arrows will hit and the net arrow will still trap him, even though its a single hit arrow.

dankir

sephi22 said:
Just the intro. The movie section in the gallery just has the Intro and the Credits.

Aww man wtf... what about those scenes with Firebrand, Hawkeye, X-23 / Nemesis?? Must be an unlock.

Dahbomb

But what about the Firebrand/Nemesis/X-23 images? Are they in the intro too or are they in credits?

Yeah it looks like 20% damage reduction. I need to find that Akuma Iron Fist block during Chi and look at it again.

sephi22

Oh shi-

*Rewatches Intro*

Nope, those scenes aren't in the intro. What sorcery is this? My movie section in gallery just has those 2, and its not the credits because the credits have a different art style.

Weird. I hope its another movie, but I hope it doesn't have a BS unlock requirement like finish arcade mode with everyone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any word if this game's going to have some sort of 'season pass' deal for all the dlc? I know that that's more of a NA trend lately, but I figure Capcom would benefit from it a lot... Or probably wouldn't since they can make more money off people one at a time

sephi22

zoner said:
Any word if this game's going to have some sort of 'season pass' deal for all the dlc? I know that that's more of a NA trend lately, but I figure Capcom would benefit from it a lot... Or probably wouldn't since they can make more money off people one at a time
I'm expecting a reverse season pass, a la street fighter, instead of paying a fee upfront, wait till all DLC is out for a cheaper bundle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They removed Firebrand cause Demons are scary and marvel didn't like that cap and hawkeye were about to get burned to death, also they removed Nemesis cause it was too bloody and had boobs and implied tentacle raped. mhm ya ok not the real reasons.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
sephi22 said:
Oh shi-

*Rewatches Intro*

Nope, those scenes aren't in the intro. What sorcery is this? My movie section in gallery just has those 2, and its not the credits because the credits have a different art style.

Weird. I hope its another movie, but I hope it doesn't have a BS unlock requirement like finish arcade mode with everyone.

The heck? It'd be pretty dumb of Capcom to create the still of Nemesis going all La Blue Girl on X-23 and just forget to include it in any intro.

Maybe if you wait a while for a second intro to play, after a gameplay demonstration? They cycled in MvC3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
The heck? It'd be pretty dumb of Capcom to create the still of Nemesis going al La Blue Girl on X-23 and just forget to include it in the intro.
They haven't been in the intro for almost 2 months now. They removed them soon as the "official intro footage" was shown.

dankir

QisTopTier said:
They removed Firebrand cause Demons are scary and marvel didn't like that cap and hawkeye were about to get burned to death, also they removed Nemesis cause it was too bloody and had boobs and implied tentacle raped. mhm ya ok not the real reasons.

I dunno about you guys, but I loved watching all 4 vanilla intro movies repeatedly, too much epicness in 4 short films to be watched only one.

I seriously hope there is more than just 1 intro movie. There has to be!!!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
QisTopTier said:
They haven't been in the intro for almost 2 months now. They removed them soon as the "official intro footage" was shown.

Yeah, I just figured they'd partition them out into separate intro movies. It's just wasted resources, which seems silly.

Until I get ultimate, I'm gonna be training with characters I didn't use a ton in vanilla who will play mostly the same in ultimate, such as Doom, Wesker, and Taskmaster.

I tried out a little Wesker/Doom last night in vanilla... wow. I see why viscant likes beam assists.

robut said:
Yesterday was the ship date. Guides that aren't street dated take a few days to hit stores. Expect it tomorrow or Monday.

My gamestop said the same to me, they said they would call me up. Hope it comes tmrw. Ive never been hyped for a guide before until this one :p

Dahbomb

Seth Killian said:
I'll share a teaser of Brady UMVC3 hyper guide later today. Incredibly it raises the bar MVC3 guide, which IMO was one of best ever.

I really want that guide SO BAD! I am dying to see the frames on some of Vergil's moves. Like it's so vital on him that it could really change like 5-10 spots on his placement at the very least. There are huge debates over Vergil everywhere and they really got lit up at the Norcal 2 Tokido/FChamp quotes.

Anyone know whats the word on the guide and when it's going to be released?

dankir said:
I dunno about you guys, but I loved watching all 4 vanilla intro movies repeatedly, too much epicness in 4 short films to be watched only one.

I seriously hope there is more than just 1 intro movie. There has to be!!!!
Same here, the vanilla episodes were so sick I just wish more characters got some more screen time. Zero, Storm and Spencer barely did shit and I was hoping that there would be one last episode that included the characters you had to unlock. If UMvC3 only has one intro then thats very dissapointing. Especially since there are scenes removed.

Bizazedo

Twisted-Gamer said:
My gamestop said the same to me, they said they would call me up. Hope it comes tmrw. Ive never been hyped for a guide before until this one :p
My Gamestop flat out said they couldn't release it til the 15th due to streetdate.

devastatorprime said:
Same here, the vanilla episodes were so sick I just wish more characters got some more screen time. Zero, Storm and Spencer barely did shit and I was hoping that there would be one last episode that included the characters you had to unlock. If UMvC3 only has one intro then thats very dissapointing. Especially since there are scenes removed.
I thought the intro would be the most epic shit ever in motion and I was pretty hyped about seeing what it would like like.

Alas, maybe next time.

Tizoc

Chavelo said:
Hmmm, are the videos recorded in 60fps, tho?
Nope: Max FPS on any YT vid is 30 frames.
For that matter, if one is to upload a 60 FPS vid to YT, they should first make it 30 FPS themselves, because YT's conversion doesn't do it very good.

Hey guys are there any good Storm tutorials out there? I've been messing around with her a bit lately but I've got no clue how to pull off some of her more advanced combos.

sephi22 said:
Manly!

Red Arremer said:
I'm so glad there's no games other than Ultimate currently coming out I want to buy, haha.
I wish I could the say the same. I already got Uncharted 3 and the MGS HD collection came in today. Now UMvC3, Tekken Hybrid, Kof XIII, and Legend of Zelda skyward sword are all coming out in the next 2 weeks. Its gonna be a pain in the ass trying to find time for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom