• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
Yes he is, he can even evade some physical moves if he times it right thanks to the invincibility.

Strange is pretty much the best character against Dark Phoenix. He has multiple options against Dark Phoenix to one shot her.
I just don't know what he can do against mashing L on top of him. You really don't want to save x-factor for the guard cancel against dark phoenix with a low health character. He can stop her from dropping traps and balls full screen, which is a big help in itself.

Tonza

Hmm.. almost none of the online retailers here in Finland list this game. Hopefully it's just them being lazy and it will be out next week.

I'd order from UK but I doubt any of them can get the game here for release date.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
Yes he is, he can even evade some physical moves if he times it right thanks to the invincibility.

Strange is pretty much the best character against Dark Phoenix. He has multiple options against Dark Phoenix to one shot her.

Also if you miss the projectile counter and she tries to punish, you can just X factor -> Spell of Vishanti or counter again.

Or just DHC into something invincible if you have it.

God's Beard said:
I just don't know what he can do against mashing L on top of him. You really don't want to save x-factor for the guard cancel against dark phoenix with a low health character. He can stop her from dropping traps and balls full screen, which is a big help in itself.

Why not, though? The likliest scenario is against X-Factor Lvl 3 DP mashing crouching light. Why would you NOT Guard cancel into the counter hyper? That's instant death, and closing out the victory. In this scenario, her projectile feathers actually prove to be a liability.

Dahbomb

Mashing L apparently isn't a true infinite block string anymore. It still looks like one though. I think you can get away with doing XF -> 7 Rings.

The other thing to do with Strange is to have 3 glyphs set up before Phoenix goes Dark and just do a teleport cross up right as she transforms.

His options are significantly better than over half the cast to directly combat DP. It's one of those things that's going to supplant him as one of the best anchors in the game along with a very fast full screen punish hyper, speedy teleports and top assists.

Now, if books will autocorrect on her teleports because it's a tracking move, then ggs Phoenix.

Anyway, I'm using Strange as an anchor because he counters basically every other anchor in the game.

rukland

God's Beard said:
Now, if books will autocorrect on her teleports because it's a tracking move, then ggs Phoenix.

That would be something wouldn't it. Man I really need this game in my hands now

Dahbomb

I haven't seen Spell of Vishanti miss... ever. Just like Hawkeye's Gimlet.

Anyway, I'm using Strange as a anchor because he counters basically every other anchor in the game.
Pretty much... even Hawkeye.

I also think that Vergil's SS might be projectiles and for a fact his Dimension Slash hyper is a projectile hyper.

Nova is going to be a good anchor too. Can't wait for Pulse plus Javelin spam during XF. Too bad Human Rocket isn't completely invincible only projectile invincible.

Not to mention that I'm a really lame player in every game and tend to do much more poorly when I play rushdown. I've been known to time people out with Magneto.

Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix is such a laid back team.

mr. puppy

Banned
God's Beard said:
Not to mention that I'm a really lame player in every game and tend to do much more poorly when I play rushdown. I've been known to time people out with Magneto.

Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix is such a laid back team.
rushdown doesn't just mean holding forwards though, you can play as lame as you want while trying to get in on the guy.

Chavelo

PS3 SE stick with Sanwa stick/buttons: CHECK
MVC3 practicing: CHECK
Searching for dat URLEEEEY UMVC3 on local stores: IN PROGRESS

HNNNNNNNNG, SOMEONE HOLD ME TIGHT AND WHISPER IN MY EAR THAT "EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, CHAV..."

:-(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Chavelo said:

HNNNNNNNNG, SOMEONE HOLD ME TIGHT AND WHISPER IN MY EAR THAT "EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, CHAV..."

*leans in close*

YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT!

scytheavatar said:
F Champ said that it isn't a mistranslation so I would like sephi22 to give a confirmation as to whether Sentinel has hyper armor in his air attacks during flight mode.

F Champ likely gets his info from the same places we do. The extra air armor spread like wildfire. He may have simply not heard the news that it's a mistranslation.

Grecco

scytheavatar said:
F Champ said that it isn't a mistranslation so I would like sephi22 to give a confirmation as to whether Sentinel has hyper armor in his air attacks during flight mode.

Fanatiq mentioned it as well and it looked like he was reading the new guide to boot

GuardianE said:
F Champ likely gets his info from the same places we do. The extra air armor spread like wildfire. He may have simply not heard the news that it's a mistranslation.

He has played Sentinel in the first Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom..... and he specifically said it happens only during flight mode which is something that wasn't in the "mistranslation".

JazzmanZ

Chavelo said:

everything will be o--ROCKETROCKETROCKERTSKATES

sephi22

kunonabi said:
Nice to see I can keep Frank and Nemesis together. I wanted Chris on the team but it looks like a good otg assist is more important.
I might keep Chris in this team. I don't think Frank or Nemesis really need an OTG assist.

sephi22

SolarKnight said:
God fucking damn it, what's wrong with my school's connection today? I can't watch 90% of the Youtube videos I've tried to watch today =/

What's the setup?

Frank-Nemesis-Dante

cr. L, cr. M, cr. H, S, j.M, j.M, j.h, j. qcf+H, cr.H, S, j. M, j.M, j.H, j.S, Assist 2 (Jam Session), qcf+S (OTG, camera shot, jam session hits), S, j.S, A1+A2 (Nemesis + Frank hypers), qcf+S (just when Nemesis jumps), qcf+ S (after Nemesis lands and opponent is in ground bounce state)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SolarKnight said:
God fucking damn it, what's wrong with my school's connection today? I can't watch 90% of the Youtube videos I've tried to watch today =/

What's the setup?

It's not only you. I have good internet connection and I can't access to this youtube.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SolarKnight said:
It's not accessing YT, it's that most (not all) videos load just a few seconds and then get an error. Every. Single. Time. =/

What I meant is that this video kept frozen at :27. If I tried to skip this part and it kept came back to :27 even I let it loaded to 100%.

sephi22

SolarKnight said:
It's not accessing YT, it's that most (not all) videos load just a few seconds and then get an error. Every. Single. Time. =/
Its been happening with me as well. Videos just won't load even in 360p. I have to change it to 480/240p for the loading bar to start moving.

Banana Kid said:
Seems like that video is just broken right now.
I don't think there's a problem with the video. Try changing the reso.

shaowebb

Sephi could you check the damage output on Iron Fist for basic LMH(crumple)S air magic series combos using different levels of chi?

I'd like to know how much he does with the simplest combos before people take him fancy. I'd sayjust do a magic series, but he requires the crumple after H due to his launcher.

sephi22 said:
Its been happening with me as well. Videos just won't load even in 360p. I have to change it to 480/240p for the loading bar to start moving.

So it's pretty much YT being stupid in its own specific way for each person?

sephi22

shaowebb said:
Sephi could you check the damage output on Iron Fist for basic LMH(crumple)S air magic series combos using different levels of chi?

I'd like to know how much he does with the simplest combos before people take him fancy. I'd sayjust do a magic series, but he requires the crumple after H due to his launcher.
I'm on it.
Oh, and AFAIK chi levels don't stack. Doing red chi thrice in a row or doing it once is the same thing.

Mupod

Love the Frank ending. Still holding out for Gene showing up in Iron Fist's.

These THC shenanigans with Frank are amazing. I didn't even think of using Nemesis and taking multiple pictures in the combo.

Azure J

QisTopTier said:
Sephi after all this can you test the block stun from Firebrand Luminous body/Helper/xfactor 3 and the helpers H attack spam?

This is going to be a metric fuckton of mindfuck for players dealing with it and an endless source of laughs for people spectating. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
AzureJericho said:
This is going to be a metric fuckton of mindfuck for players dealing with it and an endless source of laughs for people spectating. :lol
Just like xfactor 3 felicia. Which from the looks of things right now might happen just as often *almost never cause no one is using him lol*

Dahbomb

sephi22 said:
Alternate Frank Level 5 setup (with Nemesis):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HwIolcPapw

I apologise for the stick mashing sounds. I tend to hit my buttons really hard.
Man that is some GODLIKE SHIT!!!

*Get LVL5 with Frank West off of one combo

*Proceed to RAPE with CvS2 roll and Jam Session cross up (which only the computer can block)

And to think this was found out day -6 of the game. Can't wait for the Frank West technology!

It seems you need to work on your LVL5 combos with Frank West because even though you got your LVL1 combo down pat you struggle even with magic series when in LVL5.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
Man that is some GODLIKE SHIT!!!

*Get LVL5 with Frank West off of one combo

*Proceed to RAPE with CvS2 roll and Jam Session cross up (which only the computer can block)

And to think this was found out day -6 of the game. Can't wait for the Frank West technology!

It seems you need to work on your LVL5 combos with Frank West because even though you got your LVL1 combo down pat you struggle even with magic series when in LVL5.

Do we have any data on the properties of Frank's roll? Invincibility frames, projectile invincibility, recovery, anything like that?

Dahbomb

It's called the New Testament.

Sephi you have to do a Vergil ending video. :)

I wonder how the guest character is going to be on there.

Frank's Roll has some invincibility or at the very least projectile invincible. In the Frank West character trailer you can see him go cleanly through Thor's Mighty Spark (which has a hit box below the beam that characters gets even if they miss the beam). It's pretty damn solid and is decently fast.

MrDaravon

So does this one have a new CG opening? I know there was that one that came out at NYCC that was the kinda still images one, but I thought I read that there was also supposed to be a "proper" opening as well?

JeTmAn81

GuardianE said:
Do we have any data on the properties of Frank's roll? Invincibility frames, projectile invincibility, recovery, anything like that?

I believe it is supposed to be "semi-invincible". I hope it's not too godlike because otherwise this is the new Berserker Slash.

sephi22

Iron Fist Research:

Basic Series (LMHS, air MMHS)
Base: 333,400
Red Chi: 400,100

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Fist of Fury hyper
Base (Unmashed): 510,000
Red Chi (Unmashed): 612,400

Base (Mashed): 541,100
Red Chi (Mashed): 649,300

Basic Series + Overhead OTG +Volcanic Roar hyper
Base (Unmashed): 542,100
Red Chi (Unmashed): 649,900

Base (Mashed): 578,600
Red Chi (Mashed): 694,500

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Level 3
Base: 756,500
Red Chi: 827,800

Extended Series (LMH, qcf+L, qcf+M (crumple), S, MMHS, qcb+M (OTG), qcb+L (low kick), qcb + S/qcf+S (Rising Fang/Shoulder wallbounce) :
Base: 436,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 523,000
Red Chi (Activated after crumple): 470,200

Extended Series + Volcanic Roar:
Base (Mashed): 637,800
Red Chi (Throughout) (Mashed): 756,200

Extended Series + Level 3:
Base: 836,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 923,000

BLUE CHI:

Damage taken from Hawkeye's Level 1 Single Arrow Hyper:
Base: 250,000
With Blue Chi: 200,000

Damage taken from Iron Fist's Basic Series + OTG + Level 3:
Base: 756,500
With Blue Chi: 685,000

GREEN CHI:

Meter built from Basic Series:
Base: 40%
With Chi: 60%

Meter built from Extended Series:
Base: 80%
With Chi: 120%

Assists with Red Chi:

Rising Fang:
Base: 130,000
Red Chi: 156,000

Dragon's Touch:
Base: 100,000
Red Chi: 120,000

Crescent Heel:
Base: 85,000
Red Chi: 102,000

Yeah those endings are important....*looks over at Hsien Ko, Ryu, Dante, She Hulk,Dormmy's,Hulk's ending*

Firebrand,Vergil, Iron Fist, Nemesis, Dr.Strange, Ghost Rider, Phoenix Wright appeared in those endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom