• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UMVC3: Phoenix Wright and Nova Revealed!

GatorBait

Lol-worthy moments while watching these French gameplay vids:

1. Nemesis' move where he punches you across the stage and then follows up with a rocket to the face is awesome. One Nemesis player caught Dr. Strange coming in as an assist with it: "Eye of Agamat-ohhhhhhh shit." Just a brutal-looking way to punish an assist.

2. Haggar's new entrance quote (when he enters the screen after a teammates death) is "HRRROAAAGGHHH." He literally just yells like an idiot. It's hilarious.

I love how I'm still staying one of the most reasonable people in this thread despite the history I have with the hype train. XD

I guess the constant disappointments taught me a lesson in not board the hype too much, or else.

GatorBait said:
Lol-worthy moments while watching these French gameplay vids:

1. Nemesis' move where he punches you across the stage and then follows up with a rocket to the face is awesome. One Nemesis player caught Dr. Strange coming in as an assist with it: "Eye of Agamat-ohhhhhhh shit." Just a brutal-looking way to punish an assist.

2. Haggar's new entrance quote (when he enters the screen after a teammates death) is "HRRROAAAGGHHH." He literally just yells like an idiot. It's hilarious.

link?

sephi22

Becquerel said:
I love how I'm still staying one of the most reasonable people in this thread despite the history I have with the hype train. XD

I guess the constant disappointments taught me a lesson in not board the hype too much, or else.
The world doesn't revolve around you Becquerel. Its the raccoon that fucked with our brains, not you.

sephi22 said:
The world doesn't revolve around you Becquerel. Its the raccoon that fucked with our brains, not you.

Yes, but I was the personified Raccoon hype. And eidrian kept my hype going with telling me about bear traps, assists, pendulums and one-button-dashes. :p
Though now it seems everyone else got the rabies infection, while I've calmed down, haha.

shaowebb

Becquerel said:
Yes, but I was the personified Raccoon hype. And eidrian kept my hype going with telling me about bear traps, assists, pendulums and one-button-dashes. :p
Though now it seems everyone else got the rabies infection, while I've calmed down, haha.

Yup. Sure enough this foam in my mouth tastes just like rabies. I'm pretty hype for a burrowing hyper though. I wanna have Nemesis throwing all that armored hyper up in my grill to punish my own hyper attempts only to DHC and dig for cover to avoid him with Rocket Racoon.

Fun Fact. I have actually pet a raccoon someone kept as a pet nearby (WV remember...) and their fur feels like frigging steel wool. Also the little guy was bi-polar because they don't fully take to domestication. He'd chitter away happily for a few seconds enjoying being hand fed and loved on and then he'd shake his head suddenly with a start, remember he was a wild ferocious woodland creature and snap at everyone in range...then subside when more food made its way in front of him.

<3

Jintor said:
They have really good writing and delivery but not enough character-specific stuff by my taste :T

Eh, it kinda seems most of the characters have some Wright quote, lol.

shaowebb said:
Fun Fact. I have actually pet a raccoon someone kept as a pet nearby (WV remember...) and their fur feels like frigging steel wool. Also the little guy was bi-polar because they don't fully take to domestication. He'd chitter away happily for a few seconds enjoying being hand fed and loved on and then he'd shake his head suddenly with a start, remember he was a wild ferocious woodland creature and snap at everyone in range...then subside when more food made its way in front of him.

<3

Yea, these lil buggers actually are absolutely not as fluffy as they look, haha.

Jintor said:
And then Shao fed them to his mantii

Even Captain Badass and his friends wouldn't be able to take on a raccoon. They actually have insects and even small mammals and birds featured in their diet, so they could easily chomp away at mantises.
Though they usually eat more fruit and nuts and stuff.

shaowebb

Becquerel said:
Even Captain Badass and his friends wouldn't be able to take on a raccoon. They actually have insects and even small mammals and birds featured in their diet, so they could easily chomp away at mantises.

Too bad Captain Badass ascended to the throne of Asgard though...I say this not so much for Rocket Raccoon's sake, but mainly for all of mankind's. All our sakes are completely fucked so long as "she who eats the skin first just to hear them scream" reigns supreme with all the powers of the fallen empowering her.

EDIT: DLC? I'd put her in one of my games someday but...ya know...OP.

the_coon____vectorized_by_kaczorq-d33byrh.jpg

RESPECT

MY

AUTORITAH

shaowebb said:
Too bad Captain Badass ascended to the throne of Asgard though...I say this not so much for Rocket Raccoon's sake, but mainly for all of mankind's. All our sakes are completely fucked so long as "she who eats the skin first just to hear them scream" reigns supreme with all the powers of the fallen empowering her.

Oh right, I totally forgot Captain Badass was a girl. XD

Just mentioning in terms of actual nature. Obviously Captain Badass would completely wreck every raccoon daring to take a chomp of her. :D

Becquerel said:
You've obviously never seen Captain Badass in motion.

Over/under on Rocket Raccoon vs Squirrel Girl?

Trick question, nothing can get in the way of the true love that crosses all boundaries.

130YX.png

Romeo and Juliet for a new generation.

God's Beard just took this thread in a whole other direction.
Oldschoolgamer said:
Captain Badass vs RR is like a 7-3 matchup, in Badass' favor.
This would imply that Captain Badass is actually beatable.

does not compute

SmithnCo

God's Beard said:

Trick question, nothing can get in the way of the true love that crosses all boundaries.

130YX.png

RR's totally gonna make Wolverine jealous.

Anth0ny

God's Beard said:

130YX.png

LOL

I'm gonna play RR just because of this picture

Dartastic

I like the idea of Ammy, Hulk, Thor.

...I also really wanna play Magneto, but the idea of flight combos makes me sad as I can't seem to do them. Can someone link me to a training video or something about that?

All I've been thinking about the past few hours is the post about rocket's win pose. Getting up close to the camera with a knife while talking shit just sounds too badass. I'm probably going to end up falling in love with the little dude. I'm sure its been asked before but what are some good comics to read up on that feature Rocket Raccoon in all his glory?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SolarPowered said:
Your team will have so much crap on the screen at once that a hit into ridiculously strong combos is all but inevitable.

They may as well get rid of her. The corpse is really stinking the place up.

lol so bitter

Random Raccoon stuff: it was said he speaks with an accent. Someone else said his voice comes from his origin. So I was thinking he'd sound British because of the Beatles song. But the Beatles song is sung with a vaguely Southern twang. Then there's one of his comic panels that pops up where he holds his head and is like "that ain't from around here". So yeah, I hope he sounds like a redneck.

Touch

robut said:
Random Raccoon stuff: it was said he speaks with an accent. Someone else said his voice comes from his origin. So I was thinking he'd sound British because of the Beatles song. But the Beatles song is sung with a vaguely Southern twang. Then there's one of his comic panels that pops up where he holds his head and is like "that ain't from around here". So yeah, I hope he sounds like a redneck.
Rocky's accent was never fully explained, to my knowledge. The robots of Halfworld gave the animals intelligence to speak human language. So..

shaowebb

Touch said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wt7FuT4bMY

There are tons of videos on the subject in the related videos section as well.

I see your swag and raise you Magneto's hyper grav loop swag.

Strangely enough Magneto flight combos and hypergrav loops are some of the only ones I can do decently. I drop them a lot but nothing like Sentinel fly/unfly combos. This makes zero sense to me what so ever.
QisTopTier said:
Fly combo's are a lot easier than they look :D the only real hard ones are storms.

Sanford says hi.

Touch

QisTopTier said:
Fly combo's are a lot easier than they look :D the only real hard ones are storms.
After watching Fanatiq's birthday stream, I really want to learn those StROM'bo's. He makes her look like Marvel 2 :D

shaowebb

Maybe I should try Skrull and Magneto together as my Skrull team with whoever on anchor. I've been playing kind of a send off run through vanilla as all the cast just to give them each a fair shake. I'm not actually terrible or anything with Magneto like I am with other cast (like Thor), and I've found myself doing fairly well with Skrull surprisingly enough.

It'd definitely be a counterpick team if I'm losing with my normal pure rushdown based teams that center around Ryu.

I wonder what the range is gonna be on RR normals?

sephi22

Just to make the wait easier, what's everyone's favorite character(s) and hyper(s) in Vanilla? Not just personality wise, but gameplay wise too.

Character(s): Dormammu, Spiderman, Wesker, Dr. Doom
Hyper(s): Gravity Squeeze, Bionic ARRRRRRM, and Sphere Flame

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
Just to make the wait easier, what's everyone's favorite character(s) and hyper(s) in Vanilla? Not just personality wise, but gameplay wise too.

Character(s): Dormammu, Spiderman, Wesker, Dr. Doom
Hyper(s): Gravity Squeeze, Bionic ARRRRRRM, and Sphere Flame

Characters: Ryu, Spencer, Haggar(shut up. He's fun), Sentinel
Hypers: Hyper Sentinel Force (lol), Bionic AAAAARM!, Dormammu's Salty Balls, Hard Drive (aka Tard charge!)

sephi22

shaowebb said:
Characters: Ryu, Spencer, Haggar(shut up. He's fun), Sentinel
Hypers: Hyper Sentinel Force (lol), Bionic AAAAARM!, Dormammu's Salty Balls, Hard Drive (aka Tard charge!)
Heh. Fun fact: These two were in my very first Marvel team (along with Taskmaster) and I won a tournament in Dubai with no team synergy whatsoever. I got pretty exposed in a recent tourney though. Pre-patch Sentinel led to the highest quality salt.

Top Bottom