• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UMVC3: Phoenix Wright and Nova Revealed!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
sephi22 said:
Just to make the wait easier, what's everyone's favorite character(s) and hyper(s) in Vanilla? Not just personality wise, but gameplay wise too.

Character(s): Dormammu, Spiderman, Wesker, Dr. Doom
Hyper(s): Gravity Squeeze, Bionic ARRRRRRM, and Sphere Flame

Characters: Taskmaster/Arthur/Shuma/Dr. Doom/Felicia
Hypers: Taskmaster counter hyper, SAVE THE PRINCESSSSSS, CHAOS DIMENSION

Just to make the wait easier, what's everyone's favorite character(s) and hyper(s) in Vanilla? Not just personality wise, but gameplay wise too.
Characters: Dormammu, Morrigan, Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Super-Skrull - these are all characters that I have at least 500 matches with because I enjoy them

Hypers: Chaotic Flame, Stalking Flare, Hyper Sentinel Force, Inferno, Shinkuu Hadoken, Bionic Arm, Ice Storm, Elemental Rage, Okami Shuffle, Viewtiful Godhand

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
Heh. Fun fact: These two were in my very first Marvel team (along with Taskmaster) and I won a tournament in Dubai with no team synergy whatsoever. I got pretty exposed in a recent tourney though. Pre-patch Sentinel led to the highest quality salt.

I did too. My other guy was Spencer on that team. There is a dude who tears people the hell up with that team now. I think he ran it Haggar/Spencer/Sent though I may have Haggar/Spencer mixed up on point. Guy has a ton of tech using Spencer + lariat to destroy people. Drones + Haggar equals a happy Haggar too.

If I hunt the vids down I'll post em. I'm envious.

EDIT: Hell yeah! Found em. Player is Murphagator.
Dat Awesomeness

sephi22 said:

Character(s): Dormammu, Spiderman, Wesker, Dr. Doom
Hyper(s): Gravity Squeeze, Bionic ARRRRRRM, and Sphere Flame

Character(s): Spider-Man, X-23, Captain America, Spencer, Chris, Ryu, Magneto, Storm
Hyper(s): Gravity Squeeze, BRING THE PAIN, Troll Nap, Maximum Spider, HADOOOOOOKEN, Burn to cinder, Hyperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Charging Star, Infernooooooooooo

sephi22

shaowebb said:
I did too. My other guy was Spencer on that team. There is a dude who tears people the hell up with that team now. I think he ran it Haggar/Spencer/Sent though I may have Haggar/Spencer mixed up on point. Guy has a ton of tech using Spencer + lariat to destroy people. Drones + Haggar equals a happy Haggar too.

If I hunt the vids down I'll post em. I'm envious.

EDIT: Hell yeah! Found em. Player is Murphagator.
Dat Awesomeness
Pipe is probably my favorite non-hyper move in the game. Exposed so many people with that. There are few things in this world as satisfying as landing a pipe into a 50% combo. Talking about Haggar makes me want to play him in Ultimate.

I found the finals of my tournament. Try not to let the godlike skill blow you away. This is week 1 of play and my opponent reached the finals with Estaka spam. My top 16 matches were way more clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zApr7Fmbv3g

Also, Bionic Com Rearmed music in that Murphagator vid. *swoon*

Touch

sephi22 said:
Character(s): Sentinel, Doctor Doom, Viper, Storm, Wolvy, Dorm, Dante
Hyper(s): Hyper Sodium Force, THIS GAME IS OVA!!!, Elemental Rage, ARMMMMMM!!!, Devil Trigger

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
Pipe is probably my favorite non-hyper move in the game. Exposed so many people with that. There are few things in this world as satisfying as landing a pipe into a 50% combo. Talking about Haggar makes me want to play him in Ultimate.

I found the finals of my tournament. Try not to let the godlike skill blow you away. This is week 1 of play and my opponent reached the finals with Estaka spam. My top 16 matches were way more clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zApr7Fmbv3g

Also, Bionic Com Rearmed music in that Murphagator vid. *swoon*

LOL at your intro with Haggar after Taskmaster dies. Bold as fuck just came in swinging that pipe and bodied the whole team with him. Feels good man. Feels good.

EDIT:
Also lol at this moment. He should've tried berzerker slash or a hyper or something. Guy ran a really terrible Wolverine. Glad you got the gold.

SmokeMaxX

sephi22 said:
Heh. Fun fact: These two were in my very first Marvel team (along with Taskmaster) and I won a tournament in Dubai with no team synergy whatsoever. I got pretty exposed in a recent tourney though. Pre-patch Sentinel led to the highest quality salt.
Semi-related to this- I recently played in a local tournament that had pre-patched Sentinel (lol) and even though he's been on my main team since Day 1, I forgot that he was pre-patched and went with my OTHER team (that had best friends) and ended up losing lol.

Should've played Magneto/Sent/Haggar (like EVERYONE else) instead of Mags/Wolvie/Akuma.

Anyone else vomiting due to to the sheer amount of HHYYYPPPEEE in the air, or is it just me?
I think it's just me.

There's no way Rocky can disappoint now.

Touch

SmokeMaxX said:
Semi-related to this- I recently played in a local tournament that had pre-patched Sentinel (lol) and even though he's been on my main team since Day 1, I forgot that he was pre-patched and went with my OTHER team (that had best friends) and ended up losing lol.

Should've played Magneto/Sent/Haggar (like EVERYONE else) instead of Mags/Wolvie/Akuma.
One of my friends I play local matches with has pre-patch mahvel. Sent never leaves my team. Well, Sent never leaves my team regardless. It's just funny watching new people come over and getting completely blown up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
NightmareTrigger said:
Anyone else vomiting due to to the sheer amount of HHYYYPPPEEE in the air, or is it just me?
I think it's just me.

There's no way Rocky can disappoint now.

No I vomited cause i just ate 8 mc ribs.

Mengetsu

So when is this reveal suppose to happen? I would like to know if I should stay up fully for the night or wait till later on? I live in NY so its like 3am now.

sephi22

shaowebb said:
LOL at your intro with Haggar after Taskmaster dies. Bold as fuck just came in swinging that pipe and bodied the whole team with him. Feels good man. Feels good.

EDIT:
Also lol at this moment. He should've tried berzerker slash or a hyper or something. Guy ran a really terrible Wolverine. Glad you got the gold.
We were just online scrubs man. There was a guy in Top 16 who killed both Task and Haggar with his Hulk in both matches, and I just pressed buttons and won with XFCx3 Sentinel. Also tourney rules stated that we could only use the trashy wireless Hori sticks provided by the venue, and some players were pad players forced to play on stick.

Really wish I knew the DHC glitch back then. Could have blown so many minds.

Matts Legacy said:
So when is this reveal suppose to happen? I would like to know if I should stay up fully for the night or wait till later on? I live in NY so its like 3am now.
Still about 6-8 hours to go methinks.

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
We were just online scrubs man. .
No offense intended. You just played a more stylish set. That lockdown moment you showed in the corner was awesome with him coming into drones/arrow shower. Scrub or no you played smart and got him. Besides I still feel scrubby as hell so unless you graduated on me join the club.

Course maybe my problem is I play characters with no mobility in most matches.Could be why Spencer is fast becoming my best character...

QisTopTier said:
Jesus Christ 8!?
If I did that I'd pop enough stretch marks too look a purple and pale tiger. McRib loop confirmed for Q.

Dahbomb

I really like Dante, Wolverine, Phoenix, Iron Man, Wesker and Zero. As in I liked them before they were top tier and was super hyped to play them in MVC3. I got bummed out by Phoenix but the rest of the characters ended up being great. I have also taken a liking to Dormammu. I used to play MM games a lot and a ton of MMX games, Zero has always been my favorite character liked him more than MM (cuz he has a sword duhr). Wesker is fucking Wesker... saturating globally since before 2000. I have played Wolverine in all the VS games before even MVC2 (well not main but I love the thrill of taking on a team of Sentinels with my team of Wolverines).

I have the most matches with Wesker by far followed by Akuma, Wolverine and then Iron Man. That's pretty much what my stats card looks like, I think Zero is #5 because my training partner uses him a lot. As shocking as it may sound to people I don't play Dante that often in MVC3 mostly because as far as FG goes he doesn't gel with my style. He isn't as full on rushdown as people think he is, Dante is more suited for controlling the mid screen space (when he is not comboing people to death). He still gets extensive training room time.

Best hypers: Iron Avenger >>>>>>>>> Weapon X >>>>>>>>>>> Everything else

Caj814

QisTopTier said:
shaowebb said:
McRib loop confirmed for Q.
0kYTB.gif

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
I always thought those two looked kinda boring as I watch a ton of animu. Now dorms level 3 NOW THAT'S BAD ASS.
I love the KO screen when he hits that. Ghost Rider lvl 3, Iron Fist lvl 3, and PW lvl 3 KO screens are gonna be boss too in Ultimate. Nothing says stylish like a level 3 KO.

Dahbomb

Dorm's is bad ass but it takes up too much time.

Weapon X is classical, it will always have a place in my heart. Iron Avenger is boss ass fuck. Can't wait to mash the fuck out of these 2 hypers in UMVC3 for the extra damage.

Vergil's LVL3 hyper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Greatest Thing I have Ever Seen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Caj814 said:
I wish I was as fat as homer haha. I'm a fucking twig. I can't keep weight on at all. Doesn't help with the disability either. You would think someone that sits on their ass all the time and eats all the time would eventually gain weight >.<

Dahbomb said:
Dorm's is bad ass but it takes up too much time.

Weapon X is classical, it will always have a place in my heart. Iron Avenger is boss ass fuck. Can't wait to mash the fuck out of these 2 hypers in UMVC3 for the extra damage.

Vergil's LVL3 hyper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Greatest Thing I have Ever Seen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else

Dude weapon X takes longer than Dorms LOL I think Iron avenger does too!

and damn you are the most BIAS GUY OF ALL TIME! I await your tears when virgil isn't god tier :3

Dahbomb said:
I really like Dante, Wolverine, Phoenix, Iron Man, Wesker and Zero. As in I liked them before they were top tier and was super hyped to play them in MVC3.

Funny thing about this with myself. When he was first revealed I was the opposite of super hyped because of how dominant he was looking in TvC at the time and how he looked buffed in Marvel. By the time vanilla came out I stopped caring and he's been in my team since day 1

shaowebb

Somehow all those posts merged in my mind and I was seeing it as Q's level 3. Summons Homer to finish last McRib with opponent inside it and then picks nose as Homer chomps for KO.

God its like 3 am where I'm at. I think I need sleep or something...is this a warning sign?

SolarKnight said:
Funny thing about this with myself. When he was first revealed I was the opposite of super hyped because of how dominant he was looking in TvC at the time and how he looked buffed in Marvel. By the time vanilla came out I stopped caring and he's been in my team since day 1

I was that way about Sentinel and I only played MVC2 casually ( though obsessively). I didn't learn the metagame stuff and start trying to learn some tech till 3 came out. Sent's been a bro to me in this game. HSF causes so much salt.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Somehow all those posts merged in my mind and I was seeing it as Q's level 3. Summons Homer to finish last McRib with opponent inside it and then picks nose as Homer chomps for KO.

God its like 3 am where I'm at. I think I need sleep or something...is this a warning sign?
HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

shaowebb said:

...would it be possible to have that visually represented?

Dahbomb

Dude weapon X takes longer than Dorms LOL I think Iron avenger does too!
Dorm just feels long and boring. It might be shorter but it gets me anti-hyped for some reason. Like my pulse rate is at 140 beats per min playing MVC3 but when I get hit by Dorm's LVL3 it drops to like 100 only.

and damn you are the most BIAS GUY OF ALL TIME! I await your tears when virgil isn't god tier :3
Why would I cry that Vergil isn't god tier? I HOPE that he isn't god tier so I don't have to hear the fucking fuss of scrubs when I pwn them with the legendary Dark Slayer. I am so tired of Wesker complaints in vanilla... I don't even use Dark Wesker.

I don't deny being bias about liking what I like but I am not bias when it comes to saying who's good and who isn't (or stuff related to tiers).

shaowebb

SolarKnight said:
...would it be possible to have that visually represented?
Not this late its not. I think I'm gonna go and sleep the crazy off. Maybe by morning I won't be God's Beard anymore and Raccoons will be killing zombies. Its like Christmas for everybody!

sephi22 said:
Favorite Characters?

Captain America
Probably one of my favourites in the entire cast, the Captain is way too much fun in this game and the next one looks to improve him even further. My favorite hyper of his is the Hyper Charging Star.

Taskmaster
Favourite Character in Marvel History, probably on par with Hawkeye in my eyes. I really dig guys with bows and arrows, but Tasky has it all. I love his Aegis Counter. Especially if I have 2 hyper bars left :p

Dormammu
Sir Dormington himself. Such an epic character. So glad Doc Strange is in Ultimate and I love the fact they're both so tricky. Who doesn't love summoning a Stalking Flare and shouting along with Dorm "Run... RUN!!" >:D

Dr. Doom
It's Dr. Doom. This is all that needs to be said. Doom Time. Don't mess with it.

Spencer
This guy is the biggest douche in the new Bionic Commando. His one liners are so bad. Then MvC3 comes along and he actually gets a likeable personality. Hallelujah. How could I love anything but Bionic Lancer? Obviously the best Hyper in the game.

Wesker
Pure, unadulterated, bad-assery personified. Rhino Charge Counter is lulzy because of follow-up options. He is also cheap as hell. What's not to love? (if you're the Wesker player :p)

sephi22

shaowebb said:
I've been up for 19.5 hours now. My sleep schedule is fucked and I've been sleeping at 6 AM and getting up at 4 PM nowadays. Planning on staying up with hurtin' eyes and paining head till the reveals drop. Then I'll fap to some raccoon goodness and sleep for 12 hours straight. I'll wake up a reinvigorated, re-energized man with raccoon in his heart and mahvel on his mind.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Dorm just feels long and boring. It might be shorter but it gets me anti-hyped for some reason. Like my pulse rate is at 140 beats per min playing MVC3 but when I get hit by Dorm's LVL3 it drops to like 100 only.

Why would I cry that Vergil isn't god tier? I HOPE that he isn't god tier so I don't have to hear the fucking fuss of scrubs when I pwn them with the legendary Dark Slayer. I am so tired of Wesker complaints in vanilla... I don't even use Dark Wesker.

I don't deny being bias about liking what I like but I am not bias when it comes to saying who's good and who isn't (or stuff related to tiers).
What kind of legendary dark slayer gets defeated by the person he wanted to slay and become said persons bitch :D Hey at least he had an awesome kid.

sephi22

Mr Touchdown said:
Dormammu
Sir Dormington himself. Such an epic character. So glad Doc Strange is in Ultimate and I love the fact they're both so tricky. Who doesn't love summoning a Stalking Flare and shouting along with Dorm "Run... RUN!!" >:D
Its my favorite utility hyper in the game, but I would love it so very much more if Dorm still said Floating Bomb, RUN!

You should PM Enzo if you're interested in helping I think. Although he already made/is making banners and Bec made some kickass character specific ones for the changelog that we were using to show off our teams.

sephi22

SolarKnight said:
You should PM Enzo if you're interested in helping I think. Although he already made/is making banners and Bec made some kickass character specific ones for the changelog that we were using to show off our teams.
Yeah, I saw those. If you guys are happy, I'm happy.

sephi22

Things to do while waiting for reveals (7 hours):
- Watch Ultimate Norcal VS Capcom 3 in its entirety (5.3 hours)
- ??
- ??

Help me out guys

Dartastic

I've been wanting Wendy's all day and instead had really delicious Pad Thai for dinner from a delicious place real close to me and I'm NOT SATISFIED and I've been drinking Jameson and I STILL WANT FUCKING WENDY'S and I really should learn to satisfy my cravings. Or control them better. Or learn Magneto's flight combos. Or play more Hulk. Or hotlink my Soundcloud more, just for opinion's sake even though I don't make too much music anymore or whoa this probably belongs in the drunk thread.

Dormammu's level 3 actually kind of bothers me, because it's ridiculous that anything could survive that. It's one thing to see Tron or Haggar's level 3, and say "yeah, I can see that doing a ton of damage", but how can anything survive being compressed within an alternate dimension? Magneto's level 3 bothers me for similar reasons.

I would actually rather Dormammu's level 3 have to be worked toward like Phoenix Wright's does, and for it to do a lot more damage. It's a pretty terrible level 3 anyway. Heck, maybe that would be a good use for 0D3C. Make it a requirement for Dormammu's level 3 landing, but make Dormammu's level 3 unblockable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
Dormammu's level 3 actually kind of bothers me, because it's ridiculous that anything could survive that. It's one thing to see Tron or Haggar's level 3, and say "yeah, I can see that doing a ton of damage", but how can anything survive being compressed within an alternate dimension? Magneto's level 3 bothers me for similar reasons.

I would actually rather Dormammu's level 3 have to be worked toward like Phoenix Wright's does, and for it to do a lot more damage. It's a pretty terrible level 3 anyway.
Level 3 that can otg.... pretty terrible... needs more damage.... NO BEGONE WITH YOU!

Well, the hitbox it has IS annoying and has in fact cost me at least one match.

Karsticles said:

These guys can come back from the death, what's getting horribly horribly crushed to them? :U

Touch

sephi22 said:
- ??
- ??

Help me out guys
I have been playing the same game of Solitaire for about a hour now. Just ate some frozen shrimp while listening stream archives.

Kurtofan

sephi22 said:
- ??
- ??

Help me out guys
I bought some point and clicks on GOG and I'm reading Dune 5.

Top Bottom