• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's |Reviews Thread| Nateness Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schryver

lol. Yeah lets score this review without a score even though there's a section dedicated to that (edit - even if they provide scores how about providing one in the review for it to count). Oh, and after 88 reviews the lowest score is an 80, but here comes a 40! Makes sense

Gurish

lol. Yeah lets score this review without a score even though there's a section dedicated to that. Oh, and after 88 reviews the lowest score is an 80, but here comes a 40! Makes sense

Wait the 4/10 score is by MC, not the reviewer? I don't want to give them clicks.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
i just tracked down the reviewer!

article_landing_armond_10981.jpg

CREMSteve

It's unfortunate, that an industry that relies so heavily on metacritic averages, can be impacted by something like this. Naughty Dog's financials could potentially be heavily impacted by a drop in overall critical score. If a silly review like that robs some of their bonuses or anything of that nature, that would be ridiculous.

Hugstable

Banned
Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 reviews are in WP's Comic Riff section. Same reviewer for both. And both without scores on their pages. Yet the WP critic score on Metacritic is 100 for Bloodborne and 40 for The Order. ¯\_(ツ) _/¯

And the WP guy who reviewed UC4 also reviewed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. No score on page. But the WP critic score for TP is 100.

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/washington-post?filter=games

Sounds like they don't post a score in their review, but probably are telling Metacritic what their score would've been had they given it a score?

Gurish

Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 reviews are in WP's Comic Riff section. Same reviewer for both. And both without scores on their pages. Yet the WP critic score on Metacritic is 100 for Bloodborne and 40 for The Order. ¯_(ツ) _/¯

And the WP guy who reviewed UC4 also reviewed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. No score on page. But the WP critic score for TP is 100.

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/washington-post?filter=games

MC can assign their own score based on the article's "spirit", I'm serious, they decided it reads like a 4.
It's part of their policy.

Why the hell they need to include outlets that won't provide scores? aren't there enough scores already that they have to include joke articles without scores?

Elandyll

Banned
WP review posted in category Entertainment, 4/4 (10)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...6beb2a-1773-11e6-971a-dadf9ab18869_story.html

New WP review posted under Comic Riff, negative read as 4/10:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...part-series-should-have-ended-after-part-one/

Both reviews are from AP contributors

Ps: not sure why there are 2 reviews, and having read it the 4/10 is not a joke, the guy just really dislike sthe whole Uncharted series (and it almost reads more like an opinion piece than a review, what with the post imperialist plunderer stuff and all).

Gurish

Seems like a wild troll.

It's seriously the most trollish review I've ever read for any game, yea obviously there were worse reviews in the history of gaming journalism like the dude from IGN who gave Football Manager a 2 cause he expected a game like FIFA and all he did was managing charts, but that wasn't on purpose, that was ignorance and IGN removed it and apologized, but this review reads like one of the user review trolls on MC that gave it a 0/10 "lol Uncharted sucks, just graphix, no gameplay lol", smh.

I like the spirit of that review if not the substance. There's room for criticism (and lots to criticise in UC4) that I haven't seen in the reviews. I'm sure opinion will shift as we get further away from release and maybe people will write about it then.

Loudninja

I like the spirit of that review if not the substance. There's room for criticism (and lots to criticise in UC4) that I haven't seen in the reviews. I'm sure opinion will shift as we get further away from release and maybe people will write about it then.
People here have posted and discuss many criticisms.

who cares people, just some ones opinion, just play the game

I think it's less about someone's opinion and more about Metacritic not following its own guidelines.

There's also a fine line between expressing one's opinion and being contrarian for the sake for being contrarian.

Wabba

Ok, i dont understand. The review dosent have any score and yet Metacritic just gives it a score based on how they interpret it. Isn't that why they have a no score bar?

Okay I didn't really mind it. But going back through this thread and seeing that ND dev actually really cared that the joke review was counted. Now I want them to remove it, that dudes game that he worked his ass off on is being unfairly judged, and whether we like it or not Metacritic is the ultimate way that games are judged.

If it offends ND, and even more so if salaries are dependent on something like that, I really think they should remove it.

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive review I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the review scores and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from GameFAQs message boards, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of gaming journalism the worst, most black and shameful era of video game history. I've been to the actual message boards and mass comment sections across YouTube, held the minute between posts without fail every day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this review. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This review, the entire concept of this website, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a bad review about Uncharted.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an Naughty Dog not getting their bonuses for failing to get a 95 metacritic, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give Metacritic clicks.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of clicking this, should be ashamed of themselves.

Okay I didn't really mind it. But going back through this thread and seeing that ND dev actually really cared that the joke review was counted. Now I want them to remove it, that dudes game that he worked his ass off on is being unfairly judged, and whether we like it or not Metacritic is the ultimate way that games are judged.

If it offends ND, and even more so if salaries are dependent on something like that, I really think they should remove it.

Have they reacted to this? or you're saying that they care about reviews in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom