• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer revealed

Loudninja

Expect the teamwork, over-the-top action-adventure, and detail-rich gameplay environments you’ve come to expect from the Uncharted series Multiplayer mode. We have greatly enriched multiplayer with elements you may have caught in the trailer.
One thing we’ve done in particular is introduce a number of systems completely unique to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer.
  • Sidekicks: When you are in a pinch you can call in your friendly Sidekick to help you. These are unique, AI controlled characters that come equipped with unique abilities that can help turn the tide of a battle.
  • Mysticals: These are supernatural abilities from the Uncharted series that give a player unique powers. See if you can recognize what Mystical abilities we are showing off in the trailer.
  • Last, you will be able to leverage the grappling hook in a number of locations in our multiplayer maps. We have also heavily leveraged this exciting mechanic for our melee. Yes, you will be able to land on people and take them out –would you expect less?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...-revealed-playable-at-playstation-experience/

KodaRuss

Looks kinda terrible... Guess I was hoping for TLOU Multiplayer 2.

Looks like killstreaks and all that junk as well, please no.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TLOU multi was solid (until the micro-transactions I guess) because the tone of the game forced them to stay simple and grounded (pun kind of intended). UC3 multi showed they are quite willing to tamper with the perfect UC2 formula because the IP allows them to be crazy. I think it's fair to look at all the weird elements in this trailer and be concerned, UC3 multi was a bit of a mess with all the *POOF CRAZY THINGS THINGS HAPPENING* kickbacks and perks.

Preorder now to turn into a bunch of scarabs.

jwk94

So was there a separate code for the Uncharted 4 beta in the bundle that had a digital copy of the Uncharted collection?

James-Ape

show some balls, man
I hope this is a return to form after the rather lacklustre (IMO of course) UC3 multiplayer.

UC2 and TLOU were/are both great fun in multiplayer, it's interesting how easily that was spoilt by some design choices in UC3.

It looks amazing. They said the multiplayer will be on the floor....... so it shouldn't be too long before someone uploads a video with a match, right?

I was into it until Elena went all "flame on!" and Nate deployed the occult turret kill-streak or whatever that was.

Thats kind of a running theme with Uncharted though. Its great until the magic undead nazi blue monkey stuff shows up.

I hope this is a return to form after the rather lacklustre (IMO of course) UC3 multiplayer.

UC2 and TLOU were/are both great fun in multiplayer, it's interesting how easily that was spoilt by some design choices in UC3.
I played uc2 and 3 MP casually so I'm not too well versed in them, but how was UC2 MP different from 3's? Other than that you can sprint in 3

I think it's a good attempt to shake things up and also inject some of the aspects of the SP adventures. Uncharted's MP has always been a bit generic. I'm interested now.

Huge Uncharted fan here, and that looked incredibly fun and really good considering the FPS. Everyone saying "that was pre-rendered" is funny. Replay mode, likely, or dev cam while gameplay (planned or unplanned) took place. Also, don't understand the Call of Duty comments. Doesn't look like how or play anything like CoD. Looks like the best parts of U2 and U3 multi upgraded with newer animation and TLOU multi.

Can't wait for beta and PSX.

JordanN

Banned
Graphics look amazing to me.

Even from lame ol youtube, how is this not impressive?

DArpIkz.jpg

If this is 60fps, the 30fps is going to melt my face.

RedAssedApe

Banned
haha the mixed reaction in these threads is always funny. pretty much a given with games making changes to MP gameplay though.

guess we'll find out when we get our hands on the beta

I think it's a good attempt to shake things up and also inject some of the aspects of the SP adventures. Uncharted's MP has always been a bit generic. I'm interested now.
The mix of climbing/traversal with simple traditional third person shooting was its own thing. If anything the supernatural stuff reminds me of COD killstreaks.

Is this class based?

One of the best multiplayers my friends and I ever played. Will be missed.
Yep.

BUT... the quality of that mode surprised everyone I think, so I'll at least give this new stuff a try and see if lightning can strike twice.

RS4-

If you can’t join us at one of these shows, you can gain exclusive access to the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta by buying Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection. The Beta will run from December 4th to December 13th, 2015.

Well, I guess I won't be playing.

Looks like a bad cartoon. I'm disappointed to see that they're sticking with the stupid super powers from UC3. It didn't look sd extreme though so it might be fun.

With graphics this bad and the beginning of the trailer with Drake & Sully side-by-side, I hope there is splitscreen.

What exactly is bad graphically about it? Its not skimping on textures, lighting, particle effects or modeling. Is it just the art style?

Please tell me that was coop and not competitive. All those power-ups looked OP and the talking would get annoying and give away your position.

Characters talked in previous multiplayers. PVP, not just co-op.

"That's what you get when you get in Harry Flynn's face"

They look like power-ups you find or earn, not killstreaks.

I wouldnt mind at all if you could find them. That would be balanced and focus on map control. It would also probably be less frequent than what I imagine.

For comparison, Destiny and COD both have these kind of abilities, and when every character is popping them, they become quite frequent and annoying.

But it seems very clear that you select a character in UC4, who has a special ability/role. That's the vibe I got from the trailer, where the characters are all yelling out their catchphrase.

I just really dislike the trend of super powers in games. You just have this meter that fills up, and you bust it out when you want to constantly turn the battles. It just adds a random, chaotic element that often feels unfair or cheaply adds moments to a game to look special. I much prefer none of that, where the excitement comes from just your actions and positioning on the map.

I prefer the controlled, and careful gameplay of UC2, LoU, and classic Halo. I'm just not big on instantly spawning power ups or having A.I around.

A LOT of games are doing this today, and it's just strange to me. MP games heavily try to promote playing "Characters" now, who have their own abilities. It's a very MOBA-styled approach to MP.

I'm of course open to seeing gameplay, so the trailer just left me asking questions and feeling curious/anxious.

Sharpeye

Uncharted multi-player always felt cartoony to me with the taunts and quips the characters did, so I have no problems with them going all out in that route.

WinFonda

What the fuck am I reading in this thread? This is as of right now the best looking multiplayer I've seen. It's insane and fluid as hell.

I think the scripted directed fly through of the camera is throwing people off. Hopefully they'll upload raw match gameplay soon.

What the fuck am I reading in this thread? This is as of right now the best looking multiplayer I've seen. It's insane and fluid as hell.

I think the scripted directed fly through of the camera is throwing people off. Hopefully they'll upload raw match gameplay soon.

That did not at all look like gameplay to me. Not sure how you can say it's fluid. It seemed instead to show you what to expect in terms of the mechanics.

Top Bottom