• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer revealed

AngryMoth

Most important things to me are the feel of the shooting and not having too much of the metagame stuff they've done in the past like kill streaks and paid boosters etc. Basically the things they got wrong with UC3.

I have no problem with it looking cartoony, I like that in fact. Crazy mystic shit doesn't bother me either as long as it's a map pick up.

GnawtyDog

Banned
As far as graphics are concerned I'm waiting for Gamersyde footage to compare against the SP footage I already have. Not to mention DF and NXGamer will have a crack at it. It's of note however that I care 0% about a new Uncharted game having 60fps. Better do magic here.

One thing is certain, they are taking risks instead of playing it safe (and safe wasn't BAD at all). Not sure if those risks will be rewarded. Looking forward to Dec 4th nonetheless.

Mikey Jr.

Definitely need to see a regular ass match being played. Hard to judge how the game plays with all of these angles going on.

That did not at all look like gameplay to me. Not sure how you can say it's fluid. It seemed instead to show you what to expect in terms of the mechanics.
You really think all the footage they showed was just animated in CG? It looked like amped up U2 and U3 with TLOU mechanics blended in. Pretty sure most of that was gameplay, even if it was rendered out from a replay mode with nice angles.

Wabba

The trailer looked awesome, still sceptical about the Mystical so i have to see some stage gameplay this week. The gameplay looks fast, fluid and a lot of fun.

Dude, that was all gameplay :L Makes peoples comments about the graphics seem crazy.

Actually watching it again, you're right.

I think I was thrown off by the Ellena speed boost and the explosion effects... which look...really good actually.

I just need some proper footage :p

Those explosions looked particularly too good to be MP.

Ricky_R

Liking that they added slides. It seems like there will a few on every map, or at least one on each.

Those puffs of dust/smoke from explosions and bullets look amazing. They actually distracted me from the rest of the trailer, lol.

Yeah... One thing I've liked quite a bit is the smoke. It looks great and I hope it remains untouched until release.

AKyemeni

I'm fucking excited.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer was one of my favorite multiplayers so seeing this makes me absolutely giddy.

SomTervo

That did not at all look like gameplay to me. Not sure how you can say it's fluid. It seemed instead to show you what to expect in terms of the mechanics.

I'd say it's almost definitely all gameplay. Heck, Uncharted 3 looked almost as good as that, graphically.

I'm 95% certain.

Zyrox

Looks really fun so far. I like all the destruction of the environment they showed. Also really interested how this whole assist and superpower business is going to work. Man I can't wait to dive back into another Uncharted Multiplayer.

Alienous

Actually, to be fair, the footage looks a lot better in the latter half.

The first half is weirdly animated and cartoonish. The second half looks like a multiplayer version of Uncharted 4, the graphics aren't as nice but it's passable.

zsynqx

I'd say it's almost definitely all gameplay. Heck, Uncharted 3 looked almost as good as that, graphically.

I'm 95% certain.

Am I crazy, seriously watch that footage at 1080p 60. The graphics, animations and particles are insane. Uncharted 3 isn;t even close.

Edit: It appears people are confusing stylized art style with graphical fidelity.

Drencrom

Looks amazing!

Hopefully they have a UC2 MP-like mode without kickbacks and stuff like that tho.

Also really glad they went with 60FPS for MP and let singleplayer stay at 30FPS.

I love the Uncharted series and it's multiplayer as much as the next guy, but superpowers... really?
A horde mode with the zombies, yeti's and jinns would be welcomed, though.

Not sure I see the issues with graphics (unless you dislike the style). 60 FPS plus being MP means it won't look remotely close to the SP portion of things.

Game looks fun as hell though. Can't wait to play the beta.

DOWN

Banned
And people would have been okay with 60fps and those graphics in single player? In a third person shooter? Thank god the story is in 30fps and looks the way it does.

Not liking this at all. I'll check it out when it comes out but man, all the superfluous perks and powers, ehhh not my thing.

I'm really amazed at people posting stuff like this. It's like you are not even trying?!?
The game will future many modes (as did the previous two), so it is safe to say there will be a classic TDM!
Also did anyone notice when Sully (i think it was) moved with a slide to different area of the map?

Can't freakin wait for this MP!!!

No splitscreen sucks.

splitscreen sucked in UC3. I'm glad they got rid of it if they couldn't implement in another way.

This MP reveal is disappointing, I was hoping they would go back to UC2 MP but I can see the boosters will be there which I don't really like. Also it doesn't look very good (thanks to the 60FPS crowd)

No, it "cursed" anyone near it (you will understand if you played U1 because that totem is in it)

It was also used in UC3 MP but only in the beta I think.

LegendX48

And people would have been okay with 60fps and those graphics in single player? In a third person shooter? Thank god the story is in 30fps and looks the way it does.

I would have been :|

youtube compression aside, I think it looks pretty damn good.

DrD

Not sure how I feel about this. Need to try it for myself. Looking forward to hearing impressions from the beta.

Top Bottom