• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 trailer incoming?

Saw this comparison in a twitter post:

Old pic:
Cb8fD6AWwAAiY5O.jpg

New pic:
Cb8fEs-W4AEaifd.jpg

Weird. I like how the older version looks a lot more.

Very hyped for this trailer. I hope they show more Elena screentime because she's my favourite character in the series. Naughty Dog never fails to impress me so this is gonna be great.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That....is fucking crazy

This, like The Order looks better than many CG films...... jeezus christ
Yea no it really doesn't. As a reminder, this is what modern day CGI looks like:

this is what older CGI looks like:
4076_2_large.jpeg

Many games still don't feature ray tracing or lighting anywhere near as complex as the lighting in CGI films not to mention how high poly, (we're talking millions upon millions of polygons), are in each scene, as well as the very high resolution textures and ofc the hair. It looks very good tho. But you can see where concessions are made compared to CGI. I mean, just check out some of Digic Pictures or Blur Studio's short films.

mikemandey

Yessss.. So excited about this. Can't wait to play the multiplayer too.. I even put away any other games just to play the beta for a crazy amount of times.

zkorejo

I dont know.. Its still 2 months away. I almost wish they didnt delay the game. I just cant wait to play the game.. esp after the taste they gave us in the beta.

I will wait for the impressions. If its like one of those UC3 trailers, I will probably not watch it. If its like those TLOU trailers then I will.

slothbeing

Neo Member
Weird. I like how the older version looks a lot more.
Because it has only 1 strong light source on the left side make it look better.
The new screenshot has multiple light sources from all the place.
I believe the new version will look much better if it has the same light source

joms5

Media blackout in full effect. Can't wait to see how gaf reacts though.

Also not sure if that screenshot is old but god damn is that a good looking game.

Best looking game of this gen so far?

This is one of those games I feel can't possibly let me down. Even if parts of it don't deliver, the fact it's Nate's sendoff is just going to make it unforgettably emotional.

Goddamit, more footage I need to avoid. ND is testing my resolve but I'm not going to break. You hear me ND! I'm sticking to my media blackout until April 26th.

ironcreed

Banned
Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls III in April... lawds. I want Quantum Break as well, but it will have to wait. Anyway, what a month it will be. Can't wait to see the new footage.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol i swear this game gets downgraded every time they show it. The face now looks blurry compared to the E3 pic.

Cb8dGmZUUAABjOk.jpg

Uncharted-4-E3-2015-Drake-surprised.jpeg

kinda serious. the face just doesnt look as crisp and detailed. something's missing. maybe a bad screenshot.

The top one is a heavily compressed low res image from Twitter, the bottom is a full resolution and rather great quality shot.

Additionally the top one looks like it's using the gameplay model whereas the bottom is using the cutscene one. Higher level of detail during cutscenes so things like hair/skin will probably look a bit better

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The top one is a heavily compressed low res image from Twitter, the bottom is a full resolution and rather great quality shot.

Additionally the top one looks like it's using the gameplay model whereas the bottom is using the cutscene one. Higher level of detail during cutscenes so things like hair/skin will probably look a bit better

I see. That makes sense I guess. Carry on folks.

Top Bottom