• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted on PS4 To Have Gameplay Fidelity Comparable To The Last of Us Cutscenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contra11

Banned
uncharted-ps4.jpg

Industry insider Ahsan Rasheed, who goes by the handle “thuway” on NeoGAF, recently tweeted about how the “Next Uncharted will have fidelity in gameplay that is comparable to cutscenes in The Last Of Us.” It also seems that there’s “Something also about a boat”
Rasheed also tweeted about how “It’s safe to say the PS4 has approximately a 100 percent performance overhead over the Xbox One.

Source

Holy crap, stop making threads out of Thuway's tweets. Plz. I trust the guy but I'm pretty sure threads about his tweets were banned.

At this point, we're going to need a dedicated thread for the prophecies of Thuway.
The amount of threads being made from his tweets is ridiculous and at this point, the info is highly speculative.

Gorillaz

Speaking of the boat thing...

How that teaser trailer looked back in November, showing Madagascar on the map and what not, I wonder if they are going back to an island setting again like Uncharted 1.

Probably something like Far Cry 3? except not open world.

40% more raw teraflops, double the memory bandwidth and the to-the-metal coders in-house at Naughty Dog. Yeah, they can probably crank out twice the performance from PS4 what a third party could from the XB1.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if the performance delta keeps increasing in size at this rate, ps4 is going to be well over 3x as powerful next year

Actually I expect much more than the cutscenes of TLOU...I mean just look at 1886. TLOU is nowhere close to that. I am expecting a jump of 10x at least . I mean we are talking about ND guys :)

btkadams

if uncharted 4 only looks like the last of us cutscenes, everyone will be disappointed. weren't the cutscenes in-game assets with better lighting and anti-aliasing?

SegaShack

I think even if this is their goal, by the time the game is done they will have to downscale the graphics due to efficiency. Look at what happened with Uncharted 3.

Cool Uncharted is going to be pretty. Not surprised.

Rasheed also tweeted about how “It’s safe to say the PS4 has approximately a 100 percent performance overhead over the Xbox One. 100 percent.”

that's hard to believe albeit the 1080p versus 720p games did seem to have a larger gap than the specs would suggest

UnrealEck

40% more raw teraflops, double the memory bandwidth and the to-the-metal coders in-house at Naughty Dog. Yeah, they can probably crank out twice the performance from PS4 what a third party could from the XB1.

One of the reasons I enjoy reading console game threads. :D

Thuway should take a break from twitter. The way his tweets get made into news, i don't know why he still keeps doing that despite the obvious.

After seeing The Order, i am expecting a far more in term of graphics. TLOU cutscenes aren't good enough.

r3z0n

Neo Member
Anyone else getting sick of sites posting articles on everything Thuway tweets? Next thing they'll be like "Thuway compliments sandwich, PS4 exclusive sandwich eating simulator confirmed?".

the cutscenes in TLOU used the in-game assets even though everything was polished up(the lighting, AA, character details...etc), they were also blurry, so i hope not.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't freaking wait to see this game. I'm sure ND will blow us all away, similiar what Uncharted 2 did a few years ago.

SmokyDave

Best thing is that their first game will probably be the 'ugliest' game they make all generation. Yet it'll still melt faces and blow minds.

Sorry to piss on people's cheerios, but once you know pirates are in... it's not exactly an amazing piece of inside info to know something about a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom