• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What do you do against those motherfucking son of a bitch shield guys in Uncharted 3 on crushing? I swear I'd kill them multiple times if I could.
It's impossible. You can't hit them, you die in 1-2 shots and you can't meele them. What the fuck

I always go for the hands and feet.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Soo, just got done with all three games. Amazing trilogy, can't wait for Uncharted 4.
Gameplay was top notch, the remastered graphics were really good.

Was not a big fan of the supernatural twists in UC1 and 2 (I didn't expect them there), UC3 did handle it quite clever.

While I think that UC3 had the best set pieces (the whole last desert act was my favorite Uncharted moment) it felt not as good and gripping as UC2.

I am so hyped for UC4 as it looks a bit more "mature" and can't wait to see the amazing set pieces on the PS4. I can't imagine what NaughtyDog could deliver :O (Loved the train section and the whole horse section in UC3)

Vinter

Replaying the series at the moment and just finished Drakes Fortune on crushing today. They really perfected that game in the remaster.

Looking forward to the rest.

Uncharted 3, Chapter 21 on crushing....this is the absolute worst ever. Holy shit is this unfair and frustrating.

Edit: I'm done with this shit for today. This is the worst game design ever (for crushing difficulty of course)

- Teleporting enemies
- Awful hit detection
- Enemies spawning right behind you out of nowhere and kill you instantly
- it's not hard to defeat them. I just died 25 times already because this game cheats.

I'm playing very carefully, I look around every corner and I swear this game cheats. It knows that you don't look to the right, so it spawns another enemy to your right that will kill you (not only in chapter 21). It's so random you can't prepare or learn this pattern. There is no pattern.

So.damn.unfair.

Jinjo

Uncharted 3, Chapter 21 on crushing....this is the absolute worst ever. Holy shit is this unfair and frustrating.

Edit: I'm done with this shit for today. This is the worst game design ever (for crushing difficulty of course)

- Teleporting enemies
- Awful hit detection
- it's not hard to defeat them. I just died 25 times already because this game cheats.

I'm playing very carefully, I look around every corner and I swear this game cheats. It knows that you don't look to the right, so it spawns another enemy to your right that will kill you (not only in chapter 21). It's so random you can't prepare or learn this pattern. There is no pattern.

So.damn.unfair.

Dude I know what you mean. I was stuck at the room with the two pools for a ridiculous time yesterday and that was on hard. You spawn in and almost instantly die. What worked for me was going left, pick up the RL kill the guy in front and then kill the guy behind. Then roll to the back of the level to pick up the GL and stay there for cover as it has multiple pillars. Continuously moving around and not staying in one place is what worked for me here. I never went in actual cover (as in using circle), just used the pillars to stand next to peek out of while in ADS.

Somehow I finished UC3 on crushing back in the day lol.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

- Teleporting enemies
- Awful hit detection

So.damn.unfair.

I remember been at the rooftops, before you board the airplane to the desert, and my save would always load with a enemy right behind me, shooting as soon as possible. Just ridiculous.

noomi

So I recently started playing through the trilogy, this will be my 3rd play-through of all the games. First time on the PS4 though with the remastered versions.

Man, the first Uncharted game did not age well in my opinion. You can tell how dated it is, and I'm struggling to complete it, very frustrating. Must be strong... must go on, I know great things await with 2 and 3.

Give me strength GAF.

So I recently started playing through the trilogy, this will be my 3rd play-through of all the games. First time on the PS4 though with the remastered versions.

Man, the first Uncharted game did not age well in my opinion. You can tell how dated it is, and I'm struggling to complete it, very frustrating. Must be strong... must go on, I know great things await with 2 and 3.

Give me strength GAF.

First one has aged better than U2 imo :)

Jinjo

Give me strength GAF.

I didn't have the strength and once I got to the Island in UC1 I just went straight to 2 and thereafter 3. Funny cause I was most interest med in playing the remaster of 1 than the other two when I bought. Was interested in playing UC3 the least and that's now easily my favourite of the bunch.

Lingitiz

This Uncharted 2 hate smh. Game is just as good now as when I first played it.

Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games ever made thanks to the pacing. Don't think it's crazy to say the shooting mechanics haven't aged that well. It just lacks decent feedback and enemies don't react realistically to bullets. Doesn't really have a lot of weight to it.

Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games ever made thanks to the pacing. Don't think it's crazy to say the shooting mechanics haven't aged that well. It just lacks decent feedback and enemies don't react realistically to bullets. Doesn't really have a lot of weight to it.

Eh apart from the weapon sounds not being great the gunplay is pretty good I think. Hit reactions are solid (way better than in 3), it's snappy and mobile, and then you throw in the great level and encounter design and the combat's a blast.

This Uncharted 2 hate smh. Game is just as good now as when I first played it.

Seriously. I've been reading these posts like "Calm down Net_Wrecker, Uncharted 4 will be out soon, you don't need to go back to the UC2 vs UC1/UC3 arguments" but it's really hard mang.

Shrong witchu people?

Vinter

Uncharted 2 still looks great. Although I was greatly reminded how frustrating that QTE dude on the train is. On crushing more so.

Vinter

Playing through UC3 now. For some reason this game feels a bit off for me. The visuals and scenery is top notch as usual, but the gunplay and the enemy AI for some reason feels worse in this game.

Gecoma

Just finished Platinuming all 3 games. Took me 12 hours, 12 hours & 8 hours for 1, 2 & 3 respectively.

I didn't think I could do it but Crushing was easier than I was expecting bar two or three specific fights. Guess having finished The Last of Us on Survivor beforehand helped me. & I didn't have to beat U1 on Crushing because of a glitch
thank fuck for that
but still... proud of finishing them all in time for 4.

What do you mean it got delayed?

I could definitely notice something weird with the hit detection in 3 because I played it right after 2. It felt like the first couple of bullets from an automatic would just go through guys sometimes even with the reticule right on them.

Still fun games & looking forward to 4. I wonder how difficult Crushing will be in it. More like U1 or more like U2/3.

Starting to play through the games on crushing! I'm about 50% through Drakes Fortune. So far it hasn't been too frustrating, though that might change since I just got to the infuriating jetski part >.<

I'm hoping to have the Platnium for all 3 games in time for Uncharted 4. I have about 2 months which should be plenty of time :).

The Brutal difficulty is so uneven. Almost done with UC2 - some areas are a relative breeze, others are like banging your head against a wall. The monastery courtyard fight in chapter 22 where you defeat several distinct waves of enemies always starts you at the very beginning when you die...shudder.

Playing through the uncharted games for the first time ever right now. I'm on chapter 10 of drakes fortune. Playing it now for the first time it doesn't feel great but I can see why In 2007 people thought it was great. I hope the gunplay is improved in the later games. Combat in uncharted 1 is not fun at all and they sure do like to throw enemies at you.

ramyeon

Playing through this for the first time after buying it today. Uncharted 1 showed promise early on but now it feels like I'm just going from room to room fighting waves of enemies and there is little to nothing in between to break it up.

Playing through this for the first time after buying it today. Uncharted 1 showed promise early on but now it feels like I'm just going from room to room fighting waves of enemies and there is little to nothing in between to break it up.

Yeah the first one has too much combat. They don't nail the packing until the next game.

Just finished Drakes Fortune. Story was decent picked up towards the end, the combat was bad and was increasingly frustrating towards the end.

Cautiously optimistic about Among Thieves since everyone says it's much better.

Also embarrassed to admit I got abit nervous in the part where you are trying to find the generator room.

ramyeon

Yeah the first one has too much combat. They don't nail the packing until the next game.
Good to hear it gets better. I'm tempted to put this on Easy and just knock the rest of it over in a sitting or two - the combat isn't really fun and I honestly don't feel like I've done anything but fight off enemy waves while moving from room to room with the odd terrible vehicular part wedged in between every now and then.

Really hope 2 is better!

Good to hear it gets better. I'm tempted to put this on Easy and just knock the rest of it over in a sitting or two - the combat isn't really fun and I honestly don't feel like I've done anything but fight off enemy waves while moving from room to room with the odd terrible vehicular part wedged in between every now and then.

Really hope 2 is better!
No shame I just finished it in easy, combat still sucked lol can only imagine how it would have been on harder difficulties.

I'm just trying to get through the stories before 4 so not fussed about playing in easy

Just finished Uncharted 3 and with that the complete remaster collection :> I didnt finish 3 on PS3 but I have to say. It got a bit anoying since that airport scene. But at least the endboss wasnt as bad as Uncharted 2. And they overdoo it a bit with those bullet sponge guys.

I think Metal Gear Solid V is responsible for my dislike of the combat mechanics. MGS V did everything right when it comes to core gameplay.

Surprised to hear so much dislike for the combat. I always thought it was a blast, including UC1. Mixing it up a bit - run & gun, use cover, stealth, etc - helps a bit.

Finished Brutal on UC2...there were some truly infuriating battles in the last few chapters where I had to resort to hanging off an inaccessible ledge and grabbing enemies to throw over it when they eventually came over to me.
But I did somehow get Lazarevic in one go!

ramyeon

At the final boss. What the actual fuck? This is terrible.

Edit: Done. Really not impressed with the first game :( Maybe I was expecting too much but it was a let down on pretty much every front.

lawtowler

I don't get why ND were so lazy with the "brutes" in Uncharted 3. It's literally a copy and paste. I genuinely struggled with this when replaying the game, it didn't bother me on ps3 for some reason. Guess I've got quite fussy now!

Platinumed Uncharted 1 & 2 remastered. Can't bring myself to get past the pirate section in U3 on crushing.

At the final boss. What the actual fuck? This is terrible.

Edit: Done. Really not impressed with the first game :( Maybe I was expecting too much but it was a let down on pretty much every front.
It is almost 10 years old. While I found it clunky I can see why in 2007 people liked it, especially on PS3 at that time.

ramyeon

It is almost 10 years old. While I found it clunky I can see why in 2007 people liked it, especially on PS3 at that time.
Yeah I suppose so, it just didn't really do anything interesting for me. The platform was clumsy, the cover system and shooting was a chore and the story was just kind of... there. Started the first bit of Uncharted 2 and it seems more promising.

Yeah I suppose so, it just didn't really do anything interesting for me. The platform was clumsy, the cover system and shooting was a chore and the story was just kind of... there. Started the first bit of Uncharted 2 and it seems more promising.
I haven't got round to 2 yet but it seems to be the fan favourite. I agree with you about platforming being clunky and the combat a chore though I quite liked the story.

So I'm about 1/3 of the way through Uncharted 2 and wow it shits all over 1. Like 1 is straight up trash in comparison. Gunplay, traversal and presentation are light years ahead of 1.

So I'm about 1/3 of the way through Uncharted 2 and wow it shits all over 1. Like 1 is straight up trash in comparison. Gunplay, traversal and presentation are light years ahead of 1.

Stop playing 1/3 was good, 2/3 was great, 3/3 was poor. In terms of bits of UC2.

Did 1/2 and loved both, however 2 dragged majorly for me at the end. Can't wait to play 3 now though, it seems to of divided fans but I personally loved 1. Just finished ROTTR so i'll start UC3 tomorrow. Being a teacher is great, two weeks off work to do it!

There is almost nothing great about uncharted 1. The difference between 1 and 2 is the same as say the difference between Assassins Creed 1 and 2. The first being a good idea not done quite right, the second taking those ideas perfecting them and expanding on them.

Uncharted 1 is a decent 7/10 game uncharted 2 I can see why now the series had got so much acclaim.

There is almost nothing great about uncharted 1. The difference between 1 and 2 is the same as say the difference between Assassins Creed 1 and 2. The first being a good idea not done quite right, the second taking those ideas perfecting them and expanding on them.

Uncharted 1 is a decent 7/10 game uncharted 2 I can see why now the series had got so much acclaim.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the end of UC2. I've never had a game ruined so badly for me by the last few chapters.

Good part, bit after that is where it's downhill for me.

Not for me. The setpiece after that is one of the best, along with some of the best encounters. The last area is the weakest, and the boss fight sucks, but it's still certainly not bad. The area is gorgeous, the story is still good, and there are some fun fights and moments in there.

Schafer just died. I I can understand what you mean, the action is here is fine, but nowhere near as fun as the city stuff with the hotel earlier or the train etc, which were top notch. I agree more with Fancy Clown, in that its weaker than what went before it, but its not bad, and certainly hasn't ruined the game or anything.

Still have about 3 chapters to go, I can't imagine they could get so bad its changes my opinion of the game at all, which so far is that its a wild ride. Great set pieces and pacing, the pacing is great, I find it hard to find suitable places to stop because each chapter ends leaving me wanting to go on. Everything about this game is so superior to Uncharted 1.

Top Bottom