• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

I was talking about the final area being the weakest. The monastery is dope, if a bit too heavy on action (but the fights are great).

There's gonna be some stuff that will put a bad taste in your mouth in the end, but nothing that can stain the greatness of everything that came before it

I agree with it looking great, but the convoy sucked, and none of the fights so far in the monastery come close to the action in the previous areas. I like that the area is quite open though, makes a bit different, but its a bit to "waves" of enemies for my liking.

The convoy was amazing wtf. Jumping from jeep to jeep before they explode while taking dudes out...great stuff.

I think there are some pretty solid encounters in the monastery, since they really start throwing a lot of different enemy types at you. Some in memorable ones in particular are the tower you fight up and then take out the snipers across from you in their own towers, and fighting up the building Schaffer is in. Plus I really dig the atmosphere of the place. This rotten, spooky, snowy monastary that is hovering over the precipice of the mountains is great.

The convoy was amazing wtf. Jumping from jeep to jeep before they explode while taking dudes out...great stuff.

I think there are some pretty solid encounters in the monastery, since they really start throwing a lot of different enemy types at you. Some in memorable ones in particular are the tower you fight up and then take out the snipers across from you in their own towers, and fighting up the building Schaffer is in. Plus I really dig the atmosphere of the place. This rotten, spooky, snowy monastary that is hovering over the precipice of the mountains is great.
It's not bad but it doesn't stand out as great to me.

Finished UC3 yesterday, had a blast revisiting one of my favorite trilogies with the improved frame-rate and visuals.

Unlike a lot of people I don't obsess over rankings. I don't feel the need to establish rankings for the games within a franchise, especially with Uncharted, I look at it as one big journey with Drake and friends.
That being said, I was wondering how I would feel about each game after revisiting them a few years later and playing them back to back which I had never done before.
Though I've always been torn on this issue, this replay helped me decide that for me UC3 is overall the most enjoyable campaign.
In my opinion it's better paced than UC2, where the Nepal setting outstayed its welcome imo, with the Monastery segment going on for way too long with nothing but wave after wave of enemies. The encounters themselves are mostly good but there are just too many of them. The time between the convoy and entering Shambala should've been shorter, on the other hand more time in Shambala wouldn't have hurt, as long as it provided a couple more puzzles/exploration and not more fights.
Then there's the museum segment with its insta-fail stealth segments which causes a mediocre first impression of the game.
In UC3 I love the variety of locations, the game is incredibly ambitious in that regard and no setting overstays its welcome. And they are all breathtakinlgy beautiful. The Chateau, Yemen and Ubar are my favorites but they're all great.
There are more puzzles and they are much better designed. This, combined with the chase sequences and a greater emphasys on melee allowed them mix it up more and greatly reduce the amount of gunfights.
As a result the game feels better paced and more fun to me, with the biggest issue being some badly designed encounters that can feel really unfair and frustrating on higher dificulties.
I love the levels with water since the ability to dive gives the gameplay an extra layer and being able to throw back grenades is awesome.

As for the story, it does have issues but for me it's still the best in the franchise for a simple reason: these games are about the characters, the main plot is just there to provide the context in which the character interactions happen and those are top notch here. From the way it explores the relation between Sully and Drake all the way from when they first met to the portrayal of Drake and Elena's struggle as a couple and Drake's fight to find his own identity, if you're a fan this is really great stuff.
What you take away from the game isn't the fact that the lost city exists or that there's a curse, it's the fact that Elena was willing to face a military convoy by herself to rescue Sully or the moment Sully tells Drake that he's the son he never had.

One thing I learned about gaf even before having an account was to avoid Uncharted threads like the plague so I rarely post in them but these are my thoughts after revisiting the games through the remasters.

Just finished Uncharted 2. Extremely enjoyable. I feel it started to lag abit from the convoy onwards way to many enemies in the action encounters. Boss fight was better than Uncharted 1's boss fight but that's not saying much, for some reason I found the bridge collapsing the most annoying bit of the whole end of the game.

Rated-G

Finished up the trophies for Uncharted 3 multiplayer today, FINALLY. So now I'm officially ready for Uncharted 4!

jFSOGJhoM.jpg

Playing Uncharted 3 now, just completed the France section and got to Syria. It definitely feels a bit flat after playing 2 straight before it, also for some reason the gunplay feels like it's taken a step backwards.

I liked the puzzles in Uncharted 3 but I felt a lot of the rest wasn't great. Also was it just me or did the combat feel a step backwards from 2?

GOOCHY

I think it's a bit of a step back. Not a huge fan of the gun play in the Uncharted series as a whole. Some of the shooting segments in this series are very tedious.

I think it's a bit of a step back. Not a huge fan of the gun play in the Uncharted series as a whole. Some of the shooting segments in this series are very tedious.

1 was terrible, but playing 2 right after it felt so much more satisfying. But then 3 felt a bit off again. 2 is far away the best entry.

Pilgrimzero

Started up 3 and got to the desert. I realize why out of all the Uncharted I had only previously played this one once.

It's not very good. The story is non existent. The villains are bland. And each level is boring. It's set piece to set piece. A room full of guys. The bug things are over used so are the chase sequences.

I'm shocked at the lesser quality after the amazing 1 and 2. Each of which I've played several times.

Hopefully 4 will back to par.

Started up 3 and got to the desert. I realize why out of all the Uncharted I had only previously played this one once.

It's not very good. The story is non existent. The villains are bland. And each level is boring. It's set piece to set piece. A room full of guys. The bug things are over used so are the chase sequences.

I'm shocked at the lesser quality after the amazing 1 and 2. Each of which I've played several times.

Hopefully 4 will back to par.

Can't really agree with any of this.

Just started my crushing playthrough of Uncharted 2 (going for the Platnium!) So far so good! I'm NOT looking forward to the fight before boarding the train, and the final boss. I have a feeling those sections will be a bitch.

Started to finish up playing UC2 after stopping for 2 months after getting sick of the endless waves of bullet sponge enemies

This game is much more enjoyable on easy. Can't wait to finish it up in the next couple days and play UC3 again

Finished Uncharted 3 yesterday in preparation for UC4. It's been a brilliant trilogy, I love the characters and they are absolutely gorgeous and incredibly impressive at 60fps. I thought UC3 was terrific - maybe not quite as good as Uncharted 2, but honestly there's very little between them, and really the only issues with the game is that it sometimes feels like a retread of ideas and set-pieces from UC2. The whole ship section where you're chasing Rameses feels like bullshit because there is no reason for him to do all that (right down to putting a dummy in the hold and dressing it up in what appears to be Sully's clothes), even though the second part is really fun and it's incredibly impressive when the ship is flooding. The plane section is maybe my favourite set-piece in the whole series though, and I think the desert section is great too. It's a really brilliant game, just slightly slightly inferior to its predecessor.

Finished UC3 yesterday, had a blast revisiting one of my favorite trilogies with the improved frame-rate and visuals.

Unlike a lot of people I don't obsess over rankings. I don't feel the need to establish rankings for the games within a franchise, especially with Uncharted, I look at it as one big journey with Drake and friends.
That being said, I was wondering how I would feel about each game after revisiting them a few years later and playing them back to back which I had never done before.
Though I've always been torn on this issue, this replay helped me decide that for me UC3 is overall the most enjoyable campaign.
In my opinion it's better paced than UC2, where the Nepal setting outstayed its welcome imo, with the Monastery segment going on for way too long with nothing but wave after wave of enemies. The encounters themselves are mostly good but there are just too many of them. The time between the convoy and entering Shambala should've been shorter, on the other hand more time in Shambala wouldn't have hurt, as long as it provided a couple more puzzles/exploration and not more fights.
Then there's the museum segment with its insta-fail stealth segments which causes a mediocre first impression of the game.
In UC3 I love the variety of locations, the game is incredibly ambitious in that regard and no setting overstays its welcome. And they are all breathtakinlgy beautiful. The Chateau, Yemen and Ubar are my favorites but they're all great.
There are more puzzles and they are much better designed. This, combined with the chase sequences and a greater emphasys on melee allowed them mix it up more and greatly reduce the amount of gunfights.
As a result the game feels better paced and more fun to me, with the biggest issue being some badly designed encounters that can feel really unfair and frustrating on higher dificulties.
I love the levels with water since the ability to dive gives the gameplay an extra layer and being able to throw back grenades is awesome.

As for the story, it does have issues but for me it's still the best in the franchise for a simple reason: these games are about the characters, the main plot is just there to provide the context in which the character interactions happen and those are top notch here. From the way it explores the relation between Sully and Drake all the way from when they first met to the portrayal of Drake and Elena's struggle as a couple and Drake's fight to find his own identity, if you're a fan this is really great stuff.
What you take away from the game isn't the fact that the lost city exists or that there's a curse, it's the fact that Elena was willing to face a military convoy by herself to rescue Sully or the moment Sully tells Drake that he's the son he never had.

One thing I learned about gaf even before having an account was to avoid Uncharted threads like the plague so I rarely post in them but these are my thoughts after revisiting the games through the remasters.

Good post. I do really love the character beats in the game, and I hope for a satisfying conclusion to the series. I'll be a bit sad to wave goodbye to these characters.

Why does Naughty Dog insist on making shitty final bosses?

Seriously fuck Uncharted 2's final boss.

ANDDDD even though I have every treasure, and the relic, the trophy diidn't unlock and it doesn't say I've done it in game..what the hell.

EDIT: Nvm, I goofed, missed 101.

Finished UC3 last week and was surprised at just how much I loved it by the end.

I really don't understand how Naughty Dog managed to drop the ball so bad on the actual shooting - the feel of it, the (lack of) precision of it, and the amount of enemies just shrugging off bullets like nothing. They fucked up big time, and I had to go back to Uncharted 2 to see if that was just a matter of me remembering UC2 better than it actually was, but nope. UC2 feels great. UC3 doesn't.

BUT... in terms of scale, and set-pieces, and variety, adventure, and eye-popping spectacle, holy fucking shit does UC3 deliver in spades. And its got some heart to it, being tied together by the relationship between Drake and Sully.

If only the shooting was better this would be something truly spectacular. Short of that its just truly spectacular, with flaws ;p

Lokimaru

After playing the museum heist level recently in Uncharted 2 I think Naughty Dogs next series should be about international thieves. Yes I know Sly kinda covers that but I want a more realistic take on modern cinematic Burglary. Like a better version of Stolen or a modern Thief. Maybe it's because two of my favorite movies are The Real MaCoy and The Saint but I want to play as a Cat Burglar. Man vs. Environment in swank ass settings stealing the unstealable.

Famassu

Got this finally. Decided to get Platinum from every game in the trilogy before playing the next installment, gives me time to save enough money for Uncharted 4.

I'm always dreading this place on my Crushing playthroughs. On my first time playing this in the OG PS3 version this took way too many times to get through.

But I guess I've gotten better at these games since it only took me 2-3 retries. The next big obstacle that I remember is that at-night courtyard or whatever with the snipers high up in the towers & shit. I remember that being infuriatingly annoying.

Planet

Finished Uncharted 3 remastered replay just in time for the fourth game, but on normal only. I am not made for platinuming this, struggling in quite some fights even on this level. Though I am normally not that bad at gaming, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Famassu

Uncharted 1 Platinum done. Not 100% since I really don't want to go for the extra "Extended" trophies like the below 2 hour speed run & Brutal difficulty after having to replay & grind for some trophies yesterday. Moved straight over to Uncharted 2 and am in the third chapter. Might clean up the extra trophies sometime in the future.

SPCTRE

So, realistically, if one were to really power through it - how long to get through the Uncharted Collection? Whatever the default difficulty is.

So, realistically, if one were to really power through it - how long to get through the Uncharted Collection? Whatever the default difficulty is.

I want to say the speedrun trophy times are like 2.5 hours, 3.5 hours, and 4.25 hours, respectively, IIRC. So add a few hours on for exploration and dying, but that should give you some kind of idea.

SPCTRE

I want to say the speedrun trophy times are like 2.5 hours, 3.5 hours, and 4.25 hours, respectively, IIRC. So add a few hours on for exploration and dying, but that should give you some kind of idea.
Thanks! I would've thought it would be a way more intimidating number for all three games, but that sounds very doable. I don't want to start Uncharted 4 months after everyone else ;)

Thanks! I would've thought it would be a way more intimidating number for all three games, but that sounds very doable. I don't want to start Uncharted 4 months after everyone else ;)
I don't think speed runs include cutscenes though so add probably an hour and a half to each game on top of exploration and dying.

Katori

I've played through most of 1, finished 2 and started 3 on PS3 before getting the Collection.

I tried to play UC1 on Crushing but it's just not fun. I might do it on Easy some day just to see the story but it doesn't feel "fair", it's just a slog. Since I just finished 2 a little less than 2 years ago, I skipped to 3...

Wow. I am loving this. I'm on Crushing. The beginning (up until Syria) was a little flat, but it's begun to really take off, especially the boat section. This morning before work I did a big gunfight in some kind of ballroom and it was really, really hard but in a fun way. I was screaming at the TV waking the cat up, but kept pushing on and beat it eventually and it was really satisfying. Although it does kinda become a shooting gallery of "learn every enemy and ammo placement from where your checkpoint is and try different positions until you get it done."

But I'm impressed with 3. I liked 2 a lot but this one might be even better. Hopefully 4 builds upon it.

Famassu

Having played through 1 within the last week or so, I think it held up surprisingly well, even though in recent years I have criticized the game quite a lot. I still think the pacing is all kinds of shit since too often it just keeps throwing waves & waves of enemies against you in a single location, but if you use all the tools available to you, it can be pretty fun a TPS even on Crushing. Just so long as you don't totally suck, there are some tricks to playing it that make its difficulty mostly a non-issue.

Some tricks/tips that I find helpful for crushing in Uncharted 1 and most even generally for the games in the Uncharted franchise:

-sometimes it's far better to NOT stick to a cover but just using large walls/obstacles in the environment as cover while still standing & moving freely. Sticking out from cover to aim & shoot leaves you far more vulnerable in a lot of situations, whereas standing & moving freely while aiming & being behind large cover can give you just as much cover while giving you better aim since you can move slowly into the view of the enemy while already aiming at the exact right direction (or even get a shot at enemies outside their view) instead of the more jarring pop-up from sticky cover that can throw your aim way off and needs more correcting adjustments just to get your aim at the general direction of the enemy.

-learn to take advantage of the Steel Fist; in some situations (so long as it's not a shotgun dude that has the time to one-and-done shoot & kill you) it can be beneficial to just rush towards an enemy to get a couple of run 'n' gun shots in and then one-hit-KOing an enemy than trying to stay put behind some cover and aiming & shooting the enemy, especially if it's only one enemy in that direction while others are flanking you from the other side

-git gud enough to land headshots with at least some kind of decent-ish accuracy. It saves you a lot of ammo so you don't need to do death-defying ammo-gathering rounds. Enemies are bullet sponges only if you don't hit them in the head, for most enemies 1 hit is enough (did Uncharted 1 have enemies with helmets that need 2 hits? I already forgot :D )

-pistol is GOAT general weapon in Uncharted 1, their accuracy is high & they kill with a single headshot like any other weapon and they have a lot of ammo, so you can stay in one spot if there is a good spot, get kills pretty efficiently and aren't immediately in the danger of running out of ammo. I often cleared waves of enemies with just a pistol (& maybe a shot or two from a shotgun). Pistol is a bit less useful in Uncharted 2 in some situations since it adds some heavily armored enemies that pistols are kind useless against

-I usually try to hold one weapon that has a lot of ammo and one that is super strong but only has relatively few ammo. My favorite combo is some regular pistol + shotgun, but something like Wes + AK-47 is also something I used.. Pistol for long(er)-distance gun fighting that might need a bullet or two, shotgun for close-up gun fighting & cover-blind-fire OHKs when some enemies are stupid enough to try to rush you & come close enough. Having a shotgun and Desert 5 can be a deadly combo, but at times you'll easily run out of ammo and that's not always a good thing.

-blind-fire is great with ALL weapons, though most useful with a shotgun. I wouldn't necessarily waste Wes-bullets to it, but with weapons that have lots of ammo, often blind-fire is a perfectly fine alternative to get rid of enemies that are getting too close (blind-fire actually works on enemies surprisingly far away, they don't necessarily have to be breathing down your neck for it to work). It wastes bullets, but it keeps you safe from enemy fire. It's especially good when you are near-death and enemies are coming up close. Instead of having to risk it and popping up to aim, just shoot while still staying behind cover. Sometimes it might be useful even if you spend your last bullets to it, if it gives you a few seconds more time to heal yourself and then go running for more ammo.

-my general rule of thumb is to be a bit conservative with the use of grenades in most situations (they are get-out-of-jail-free-card levels of useful when all else seems to fail), usually only go crazy with them in larger environments where there WILL be several waves of enemies from all directions by one point or the other or if there's just an irresistible group of enemies all lumped together. Grenades can be really useful in those kinds of situations. It's just a waste in some situations unless your grenades are full and there are ones laying around.

-let the enemies who have tendency to rush you do just that and when they are close enough, get a shotgun-blindfire-kill. Don't risk your life when there are 8 enemies all shooting at you. It's better to first get rid of the enemies that don't stay away by waiting them to. Though of course there are situations where getting rid of enemies as quickly as possible is the best solution. Then you should not let tons of enemies get too close.

-unless they prevent you from staying in some good spot, let laser-snipers be for a while. They are often the least dangerous enemies since they take such a (relatively) long time to get their aim on you & shoot.

-try to find a place that limits the amount of directions enemies can flank you from. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything too special, but a place where enemies can get to you from all sides is, of course, not a very good one. There are places where this isn't possible or it can be hard to figure out on your own where the best place is when enemies are rushing in from all sides, so in those situations you just need pick a spot that doesn't get you killed immediately and then just keep a close eye on your surroundings, consantly viewing towards known enemy locations to make sure that no one is getting too close to getting behind your back or anything. Try to see how many enemies are coming at you and keep a track of each one, especially the ones that seem to be running towards your direction or towards a direction you are completely unshielded from. Worst case scenario, you have to memorize enemy movement patterns (a lot of the time enemies will repeat similar patterns) and then just figure out what is the best order/way to kill enemies in. If one spot isn't working and you just keep dying over & over & over, try to find a better spot or switch up strategies.

Finished UC3, would not have had the patience to beat this game without playing it on easy, had to stop playing a couple times I got so tired of the constant waves of enemies

I enjoyed the story more than UC2 but there was definitely a disjointed feeling of jumping from one set piece to another. The sinking of the ship is still an amazing sequence after all these years

Sure, hope you enjoy them. I just finished with the remasters and thought they held up fantastically.

I don't think speed runs include cutscenes though so add probably an hour and a half to each game on top of exploration and dying.

Good point, didn't think of this.

-sometimes it's far better to NOT stick to a cover but just using large walls/obstacles in the environment as cover while still standing & moving freely. Sticking out from cover to aim & shoot leaves you far more vulnerable in a lot of situations, whereas standing & moving freely while aiming & being behind large cover can give you just as much cover while giving you better aim since you can move slowly into the view of the enemy while already aiming at the exact right direction (or even get a shot at enemies outside their view) instead of the more jarring pop-up from sticky cover that can throw your aim way off and needs more correcting adjustments just to get your aim at the general direction of the enemy.

This is the strategy that got me through Brutal on all three games (that and occasionally hanging off of ledges where I couldn't be shot, and pulling people down when they approached heh).

My review of Brutal mode is that it's incredibly cheap and stupidly hard in the least fun way possible, yet I'm glad I did it. It made me play every single enemy encounter multiple times and learn the flow of each fight. Which then made the subsequent speed run a lot faster, in addition to just helping me appreciate the design of each game. I think a lot higher of UC3 in particular...I'd say it's now my second favorite after 2.

kingwingin

After finishing up uncharted 4 i needed to replay the first 3 again so i bought the collection.

So far im at chapter 15 in drakes fortune on crushing and its not as bad as i expected it to be difficulty wise. only part that got me heated was driving the jetski up river part. That thing would not ride straight as i smashed my way on every square inch of rock along the river.

One thing i dont get is
when sully was shot he had a red shirt on but once you meet up with him his shirt is light blue. Makes me think sully was in on it if they had a spare for him

SPCTRE

Sure, hope you enjoy them. I just finished with the remasters and thought they held up fantastically.
I'm a couple of hours into the first game, and it does hold up very, very well.

I'll probably never be a fan of Naughty Dog's combat gameplay, but going with a low difficulty setting mitigates that aspect. Everything else is pretty damn good.

Famassu

After finishing up uncharted 4 i needed to replay the first 3 again so i bought the collection.

So far im at chapter 15 in drakes fortune on crushing and its not as bad as i expected it to be difficulty wise. only part that got me heated was driving the jetski up river part. That thing would not ride straight as i smashed my way on every square inch of rock along the river.

One thing i dont get is
when sully was shot he had a red shirt on but once you meet up with him his shirt is light blue. Makes me think sully was in on it if they had a spare for him
There's some time between the intro island & the second one. There's really a number of ways how he could've gotten a new shirt...

I thought the first Uncharted did a reasonable job with providing diverse environments while being in a cohesive setting...but one thing that always bothered me was that the first island you go to is indistinguishable from the main one. Kinda lessens the impact of the Uncharted island when you can't tell it apart.

Famassu

Yeah, it flows pretty well into different kinds of settings, even if it a bit too often uses those settings as battlegrounds that have one or two too many waves of enemies (& repeats a few of them).

I'm nearing the end of Uncharted 2 but I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to finish it. I never liked
Shangri-la/Shambala/whatever
. It's extremely pretty to this day, but I much preferred Uncharted 1's supernatural twist to 2's, even if it wasn't anything too great either. The guardians are fucking annoying enemies (especially if you screw up your shot and miss with the only thing that can kill them quick) and the last boss is just horrible beyond comprehension. A game like Uncharted just doesn't work with traditional boss fights against humans.

1 and 4 have opposite pacing problems. 1 has way way too much god damn combat (and it's not nearly as good as it is in the sequels) and barely any exploration and story development, and 4 has amazing combat but not nearly enough of it.

SlickVic

I decided to replay Uncharted 2 before playing 4 since The Nathan Drake Collection did come with my PS4. Have to say I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it a lot less this time around. I still think the banter between characters is sharp, the grand set piece moments still work, but my issue with the game now is the combat just feels exhausting. It feels like every 5 minutes you're being thrown into yet another combat encounter, and they just don't feel particularly interesting. There are areas towards the end of the game where all they've done is created a semi-large space, then throw in waves of enemies until someone arbitrarily decided it was enough. Death more often feels like I got unlucky rather than poor strategy i.e. an enemy throws a grenade, I run away, and someone else perfectly timed their RPG right where I was going and I get KO'd. Eventually you learn when the RPG guys are going to spawn and take them out ASAP, but can't say I'm much of a fan of that trial and error style.

I'm not quite sure why I don't remember this being as big an issue for me the first time I played the game. Maybe it's a change of taste. It certainly makes me wonder how many other older games I may look at less fondly if I were to play them now.

I haven't played Uncharted 4, but I have to say knowing it seems to be a lot less combat crazy than it's predecessors makes me feel a lot better about playing more Uncharted. I'm just not sure I'd be terribly interested in a new Uncharted that strictly followed the mold of 2 at this point.

Yeah you will love Uncharted 4. I gotta say my replay of Uncharted 2 in this collection was just as good, if not better, than the first time I played it (and I beat it like 5 times on PS3). Pitch perfect pacing, and I love most of the encounters.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Finished UC3 last week and was surprised at just how much I loved it by the end.

I really don't understand how Naughty Dog managed to drop the ball so bad on the actual shooting - the feel of it, the (lack of) precision of it, and the amount of enemies just shrugging off bullets like nothing. They fucked up big time, and I had to go back to Uncharted 2 to see if that was just a matter of me remembering UC2 better than it actually was, but nope. UC2 feels great. UC3 doesn't.

BUT... in terms of scale, and set-pieces, and variety, adventure, and eye-popping spectacle, holy fucking shit does UC3 deliver in spades. And its got some heart to it, being tied together by the relationship between Drake and Sully.

If only the shooting was better this would be something truly spectacular. Short of that its just truly spectacular, with flaws ;p

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts after finishing UC3 for the first time.
Also the best use of the joke
This is why we can't have nice things
i've seen.

Also, The Bluepoint Devs are amazing gods of doing Remasters. What a great package and production. I don't know how much additional effort it would have been to do the fmv's in real time, the in game stuff looked so much better, lol. Should have encoded them in h265 at the same bitrate (Perhaps they did, it fit on one BluRay). Honestly that was my only complaint on the PS4 Trilogy. The movie parts were so obvious it took you out of the moment.

rbanke

Man, I have to vent. I'm at the Navarro fight on Crushing. Very last part at the helipad, game crashes and corrupts the save.

Cloud save is from the start of chapter 16. Reaaaaaaally fucking shitty.

Famassu

Platinumed Uncharted 3 1,5 weeks ago, still have to get platinum from 2. I just hate the final couple of chapters & the final boss so much I haven't had the will to continue from where I left off.

After having (mostly) played through the trilogy again, I've got to say I perhaps like 3 the best. 2 has better pacing but I find 3 more fun to play and story more interesting (apart from one late game twist that is kinda silly). I have no issues with aiming and I like all of the progress they make with pretty much each area of game design. Gun fights happen in more complex & interesting environments and there are some more interesting scenarios, Nate has some new spiffy skills/moves to diversify gameplay, stealth is so much more viable an option than in 2, melee is the best it has been (still nothing too good but still best of the three) etc.

5olid_5nake

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I can't help myself but ask are there missing some making of videos that were included in the original Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as the rewards for finishing the game? Or is that all in my head? :D

Top Bottom