• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection gameplay - DEMO on 29th WEEEE

eFKac

Have you? Despite being janky in terms of framerate and resolution, UC3 looks astoundingly good in 3D. The sense of depth and scene presence is matched by very few games I've ever seen. I'd pay full price easily just for that game alone to be remastered in 720p/60 (which is the HDMI 1.4 maximum) in 3D. Such a shame that they didn't do it.

Indeed such a shame that 3D came a generation too early. Even if it wouldn't caught on again, at least we would have got a couple of games on hardware that isn't constrained by performance or bandwidth.

Playing Trine in 3D 60fps is absolutely stunning.

adelante

Heh, that dude's malay accent has always strike me as hilarious.

Looks damn good running this smooth. Can't wait to replay it.

Flarin

I can't tell if the animations weren't up to snuff or if the game looks really weird in 60fps, but something looks way off about the gameplay to me.

Carl

Drake's Fortune continues to show why it's the best in the series (best locations, best story, no Chloe)

Shin-Ra

I can't tell if the animations weren't up to snuff or if the game looks really weird in 60fps, but something looks way off about the gameplay to me.
ND hadn't quite worked out how to perfect the foot planting while prioritising responsive control yet.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah and I hated it, I hated all the 3D rubbish, I'm glad most have dropped it.
I mean UC3 specifically, and on a good tv set of course. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be at solid 60FPS. I know some people just don't want 3D anything, but any time I play SSD:HD in 3D it boggles my mind how anyone could deny how amazing something like that it.

Did they change the audio levels? Felt like I wasn't getting enough 'chase' music. Perhaps it was just YouTube... or was it really like that on PS3?

jett

D-Member
For some reason I expected them to change the camera angle for aiming to be more like this:

cRwMwtB.jpg

Instead of this:

468px-64.jpg

Maybe it'll control better regardless.

So damn glad i'm lucky enough to play all three for the first time next month in 1080/60, based Bluepoint you are the manliest man. HYPE.

Can't freaking wait to revisit these!

Man, it's so good to see that the expressive facial animation survived the great upgrade.

Hell yes. And it's fucking awesome. Almost any game in which you have control over the camera is well suited to 3D.

Yup, it was awesome playing 3 in 3D.

That Brutal does not sound pleasing. Crushing was torture enough. Oh well gotta try and platinum all 3, is the only way to kill time until U4.

v1ncelis

Will platinum these three bad boys again. I'm in minority here but I enjoyed first and third Uncharted games as much as I did U2.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
For some reason I expected them to change the camera angle for aiming to be more like this:

cRwMwtB.jpg

Instead of this:

468px-64.jpg

Maybe it'll control better regardless.

I noticed the angle is less odd when firing while popping out of cover. I don't think I'm imagining things, but I might be.

For a remaster of a 2007 game, that looks absolutely fantastic. Though, to me acting does not seem to hold up as well as I remembered. However, I remember reading that, while Uncharted 1's cutscenes were motion captured, all the dialogue was rerecorded via ADR. In the subsequent games (including TLOU), the dialogue was captured during the mo-cap sessions, making the performances feel more natural and lively. And I think that's one reason why I feel UC1's cutscenes feel slightly stilted. In the UC2 demo for the collection, it still feels just as snappy and natural as it was in 2009 and not as disjointed as UC1 seemed to me.

Memento

For a remaster of a 2007 game, that looks absolutely fantastic. Though, to me acting does not seem to hold up as well as I remembered. However, I remember reading that, while Uncharted 1's cutscenes were motion captured, all the dialogue was rerecorded via ADR. In the subsequent games (including TLOU), the dialogue was captured during the mo-cap sessions, making the performances feel more natural and lively. And I think that's one reason why I feel UC1's cutscenes feel slightly stilted. In the UC2 demo for the collection, it still feels just as snappy and natural as it was in 2009 and not as disjointed as UC1 seemed to me.

I think it is because Uncharted 1 is by far the most stylized game of the modern Naughty Dog age. Add to that the work that Bluepoint is doing with the faces (to make it more realistic) and maybe that will cause some weirdness to the acting. I think it holds up pretty well though. Actually, I think the first one has the best story and humor of all the mainline games, and the cutscenes have a big role in that, so yeah, I still love it.

JP

It certainly seems to have aged more than the other two games in relation to gameplay and graphics. The writing and the delivery of the lines doesn't seem to feel as natural as it did in the later games but I suppose both Naughty Dog and the actors were still discovering their characters at that point.

Having said that, I absolutely loved the first game and I'm more than happy with what they've shown in this video. Really didn't want a brand new Drake's Fortune as I'm far happier with games getting a good polish than I am with games getting completely remade.

Not sure when I'll have the time to replay all three games but it'll be interesting to play them one after the other to see how the games and characters have developed over the years and then going straight into A Thief's End.

Thanks to GAF I can't unsee Drake as a psychopathic murderer whenever I watch these clips. How many bikes and trucks did he just blow up while manically laughing and making quips?

But, uh, game looks great!

Ricky_R

It certainly seems to have aged more than the other two games in relation to gameplay and graphic. The writing and the delivery of the doesn't seem to feel as natural as it did in the later games but I suppose both Naughty Dog and the actors were still discovering their characters at that point.

Thought the same, specially the part about the delivery. Not only the banter, but cut-scenes don't sound as natural.

I think it is because Uncharted 1 is by far the most stylized game of the modern Naughty Dog age. Add to that the work that Bluepoint is doing with the faces (to make it more realistic) and maybe that will cause some weirdness to the acting. I think it holds up pretty well though. Actually, I think the first one has the best story and humor of all the mainline games, and the cutscenes have a big role in that, so yeah, I still love it.

I meant line delivery. I feel the lines were delivered in a more natural way in the other games. I have to assume the actors prefer having the dialogue they performed while mo-capping to be their best takes. I think it shows in the performances, especially during emotional scenes (especially TLOU).

Thought the same, specially the part about the delivery. Not only the banter, but cut-scenes don't sound as natural.

It feels like they were reading from a script in a recording booth (which they were, apparently). I don't remember where I read that the dialogue from the mo-cap sessions were not used in the game, but if that is true, I think that's why UC2 and UC3 sound better in terms of line delivery.

Got some heavy nostalgia there.

And is there some global illumination going on or something with the remaster? All the footage so far have that kind of look it it.

Still not sure Ill buy this. Played U1 and 2 so many damn times already. Heck I 100%'d Uncharted 1 before the trophy patch in hopes that stuff would be retroactive and then Platinum'd it from scratch when it wasnt.

Harmen

I meant line delivery. I feel the lines were delivered in a more natural way in the other games. I have to assume the actors prefer having the dialogue they performed while mo-capping to be their best takes. I think it shows in the performances, especially during emotional scenes (especially TLOU).

It feels like they were reading from a script in a recording booth (which they were, apparently). I don't remember where I read that the dialogue from the mo-cap sessions were not used in the game, but if that is true, I think that's why UC2 and UC3 sound better in terms of line delivery.

Acting and corresponding animations in games took huge quality jumps during last generation.ND was/is one of the best developers on this front and this just shows how far we got already.

Acting and corresponding animations in games took huge quality jumps during last generation.ND was/is one of the best developers on this front and this just shows how far we got already.

Yeah. UC1 to TLOU is incredible. I can't wait to see more of UC4 and whatever ND comes up with after that (I'm personally hoping for a Star Wars-esque Sci-Fi game or a Buddy Cop game).

farisr

That looks good. Exactly what I was hoping for (and I thought I was hoping for too much but Bluepoint delivered). 60fps+ no tearing + option for motion blur + upgraded character models & textures. Awesome.

Wow .... I think I have to buy this to experience Drake's adventures again. What a memory trip. I remember showing UC1 to my friends and they were ....'wohhhh...no way....'. And even now the game looks great specially because of high res assets and 60fps.

But I have to say UC4 looks 100x even better than this even at 30fps. The complexity of UC4 is beyond all these 3 games combined. ND will prove again why they are at the top of console games.

Top Bottom