• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection gameplay - DEMO on 29th WEEEE

GavinUK86

Anyone grab a shot of the title screen? :p

dD9ks2A.png

Dynomutt

My first and only Drake experience is Uncharted Golden Abyss on Vita. I loved that game and missed out on the PS3 generation. Can't wait to play this on a full size concole/contoller. Pre-ordered!

Hasney

Damn, I will be getting this in aa sale down the road. I only enjoyed playing TLOU after the flip to 60fps, so this might be the same again.

Can't wait to play Uncharted 4 on PS5!

Facism

looking decent.

giggling at the vehicles spawning in during the chase.

forgot how much i liked the modelling on Elena's hair.

SSReborn

Maaan if there was a dynamic theme that included the same design as the menu plus the art from uc4 in the same style I'd buy that so fast.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope they make Crushing difficulty available from the start. I get them wanting you to unlock it and experience they game balanced for Hard or Normal, but these are almost 10 years old now.

Gurish

Most remakes look about as good as I remember original game, but Uncharted 1 looks insanely good here! I remember it as clunky, constant screen tearing mess and this look like something that I would happily play today!

(this demo setting reminds me of MGSV a bit. looks easily as good, but of course it is not open world. Still good for remake)

Let's not get carried away, it does not look as good as MGS5, not even close.
It looks nice though, good improvements over the original game obviously, but U2 still looks considerably better.

U2's gameplay is a very good addition though.

Let's not get carried away, it does not look as good as MGS5, not even close.
It looks nice though, good improvements over the original game obviously, but U2 still looks considerably better.

U2's gameplay is a very good addition though.

The jungles that jeep drives through definitely do. Obviously it's trick because it's not open world, but still impressive at 60 fps.

Revven

I hope they make Crushing difficulty available from the start. I get them wanting you to unlock it and experience they game balanced for Hard or Normal, but these are almost 10 years old now.

Crushing is confirmed to be unlocked from the start.

Brutal is a new difficulty they added specifically for this collection and you have to beat Crushing to unlock it.

Bluepoint really is top tier when it comes to port jobs. Still disappointed that they're not including multiplayer, but hopefully ND delivers in that department with Uncharted 4.

It makes good business sense though. Don't want to cannibalize your own playerbase when UC4 hits next spring. Not enough time in between the releases to justify a full MP suite, servers, and post-release support. The UC4 beta works really well to give MP to the title without taking from UC4's MP.

Gurish

The jungles that jeep drives through definitely do. Obviously it's trick because it's not open world, but still impressive at 60 fps.

It's just on rails (and I argue that even than I can't agree with you), when it moves into full gameplay (with gunplay and all) it definitely doesn't look as good, not even as good as U2 imo.

PSOreo

Would love for a side by side comparison. To be fair Uncharted Drake's Fortune was impressive for a first attempt on PS3 but it looks so mushy now. Impressive work by Blue Point as always.

EpicBox

I'm looking forward to playing this. However, as Uncharted 3 no longer has 3D support I consider it downgraded.

It's just on rails (and I argue that even than I can't agree with you), when it moves into full gameplay (with gunplay and all) it definitely doesn't look as good, not even as good as U2 imo.

I was talking specifically about the jungle :). And I realize that it's a trick. It just looks great.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh man those gameplay tweaks are glorious. The gunplay is looking sooooo much better. Really impressive work by Bluepoint.

Overall the visuals got a major overhaul. Just about the only thing that stuck out as subpar was the splash graphic from the jeep hitting the water. Really looking forward to seeing what they've managed with UC2.

I'm looking forward to playing this. However, as Uncharted 3 no longer has 3D support I consider it downgraded.

Lol I guess it's true, there is an audience for everything.

It makes good business sense though. Don't want to cannibalize your own playerbase when UC4 hits next spring. Not enough time in between the releases to justify a full MP suite, servers, and post-release support. The UC4 beta works really well to give MP to the title without taking from UC4's MP.

Very true. Looking forward to the MP beta for sure...I just hope it captures some of that Uncharted 2 MP magic.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope they nailed SALT WATER PARTICLES in UC1 @ 60fps.

Props to whoever gets that reference!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You actually used 3D?
Have you? Despite being janky in terms of framerate and resolution, UC3 looks astoundingly good in 3D. The sense of depth and scene presence is matched by very few games I've ever seen. I'd pay full price easily just for that game alone to be remastered in 720p/60 (which is the HDMI 1.4 maximum) in 3D. Such a shame that they didn't do it.

Man, that segment keeps on going. UC1 already had issues, can't imagine it has aged too well.

The 60fps makes such a difference though.

GavinUK86

Have you? Despite being janky in terms of framerate and resolution, UC3 looks astoundingly good in 3D. The sense of depth and scene presence is matched by very few games I've ever seen. I'd pay full price easily just for that game alone to be remastered in 720p/60 (which is the HDMI 1.4 maximum) in 3D. Such a shame that they didn't do it.

Yeah and I hated it, I hated all the 3D rubbish, I'm glad most have dropped it.

Top Bottom