• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

You know how presidents age? I wonder what in the hell Trump is going to look like in 4 years :lol

He has no idea what he's gotten himself into.

Cheering for a senator because he's highly respected in Washington.... I thought this was about dethroning the establishment?

They voted for a silver spoon'd billionaire who outsources all of his own business because he's "going to bring back blue collar jobs". They aren't exactly the brightest bunch. Trump could have gotten their vote by dangling a set of keys.

Wazzy

Banned
Hillary is still married to a man that cheated on her several times. So feminist.

And like Susan Sarandon said:"I'm not voting with my vagina". Women are not going to vote Hillary simply because she's a woman, they don't like her.
Susan Surandon is a fucking idiot and you're ridiculous for even agreeing with such a stupid statement.

cordy

Banned
I don't know why 45% of college educated white women voted for Trump but that only leads to that theory that all women hate each other hence why they didn't vote for Hillary. Just, wild.

nikos

It's because the liberal left-wing has so much to lose - Roe vs Wade, LGBTQ, Gay Marriage, ACA, environmental protections...

The right/alt-right don't need to spew hatred. They're set to quietly remove rights from everyone and everything they don't like. They don't need to make any noise about it.

Nothing's going to change. This happens every four years.

GYODX

Fucking hell I just hope that the people in charge of this country, whether Democrat or Republican, can at the least stop this man from doing something dangerous.

It sucks that social progress will now be held back DECADES, but I truly did consider Trump to be a threat to the nation and the world.

Fuck you "tolerance" fuck was that when the grand old party was calling me a fucking sodomite.

Oh. That's right. Tolerance only applies and really matters when is straight white people that is aimed towards.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
You know how presidents age? I wonder what in the hell Trump is going to look like in 4 years :lol

He has no idea what he's gotten himself into.

revenge%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bsith35.jpg

joms5

There's fuckload of reasons to attack the fuckwits that just guaranteed hell for minorities and the taking away if their rights. Every fucker who voted for him is responsible for this fucking mess.

You would think with that crystal ball of yours you would have foreseen this outcome a while ago.

Keep the attacks coming though. Let me know if that makes you feel better at the end of the day.

Alienfan

Not a racist or a bigot. Not a Trump supporter either. But still my feelings don't matter. Good empathy.

Good. You need to sleep it off.

You can hate Trump all you want. But there's no reason to hate those who voted for him. And there's zero reason to attack them for that.

Screw those minorities that want equal rights and hate those that voted for a man who's wanting to those rights away from them. Trump supporters deserve the criticism

nikos

Nice that the CNN stream is set to be up until 4 AM, coincidentally when this will be over.

Coincidentally.

It's not just about results.

Republicans came out and said their plan was to make Obama fail. Their plan succeeded. Looking at Obamacare as a first, almost impossible step in the face of deliberate obstructionism, is too complicated. It's so simple to say "get rid of it and then ???". They didn't even let Obama appoint a supreme court justice, so we went with a depleted court. And that worked too. They get to appoint an extra justice now. Trump said if he was in charge his political opponent would be in jail. And it worked; it got his supporters frothing and chanting with excitement. Every single anti-democratic, despotic, racist, sexist action they took, worked. Because as awful as those things are... nobody can say they aren't effective.

Even if Trump lost, his campaign and the last 8 years of Republicans would be a horrible blow for democracy. Now that he won it's a crippling blow.

So we're stuck with the ultimate status quo of trickle down economics, along with having an unhinged commander in chief who vows to start wars over insulting gestures, build a great wall, and denies the ability of judges to do their job if they aren't white. On top of which, he is a known con artist who literally says that it is our fault for letting him get away with it. He never had to release his tax returns or reveal his business ties with Russia. No need. Voting for him gives him a blank check to fuck the country up as much as he wants, because he already said he'll do whatever he can get away with.

This. :(

Trump - This political stuff is nasty.

This political stuff is nasty because you fucking took it there you ass.

And this.

Striek

Ehhh

This logic is kinda flawed. I'm voting for a racist but I am not one

Yeah you are a racist

Nah. It was NOT a choice between two equal candidates, except one was racist. Even if the issue of Trump being a certified racist was known to each and every one of his supporters, and it wasn't, this is a false dilemma. AFAIK very few people voted for Trump explicitly because he is the racist candidate. He had many other policies and positions that endeared him to people that Hillary and the DNC simply did not.

And yes, absolutely, people can and clearly have put their personal interests, their families interests, their communities interests above the interests of other people they don't know or interact with. And while thats not OK with gaf, or the left, its clearly OK with enough Americans to win an election and dominate Washington for the next few years.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not a racist or a bigot. Not a Trump supporter either. But still my feelings don't matter. Good empathy.

Good. You need to sleep it off.

You can hate Trump all you want. But there's no reason to hate those who voted for him. And there's zero reason to attack them for that.
There is every fucking reason to denounce someone who champions a candidate that will make life for minorities, women, the LGBTQ community incalculably worse.

DavidDesu

What the hell are you saying?

Haha, most divisive president in memory, must be some people ready to try and shoot him. Was just making a blackly comic observation as to why there's a kid just off to the side, his human shield? Get a grip if anyone's offended by that when you just elected this fuck nut as your President. And no I'm observing, not stating he should be assassinated in case anyone is making that leap...

Ominym

Banned
Hillary is still married to a man that cheated on her several times. So feminist.

And like Susan Sarandon said:"I'm not voting with my vagina". Women are not going to vote Hillary simply because she's a woman, they don't like her.

Can someone explain this to me, this line of thinking? Hillary can't be a feminist because she stayed with Bill? Why? It's her choice and rather than listen to all the people who told her what to do, she chose to do what she wanted to do.

Why is that a bad thing?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So has anyone visited r/thedonald post-election for funzies like we said we would?

.......anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom