• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF - Suggest an NBA team to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Hopping off to bed soon I think but cheers for suggestions so far. Seems to be two ro three recurring names, but from what people have said Warriors seems to be a winner. I'll keep an eye on this thread and watch a few games from the more prominently mentioned teams over the next night or two and see what I pick up from that :) Cheers folks

All-Star Weekend coming up. No better time to make the big announcement, OP!

You are looking at the Rockets. My favorite team is OKC, and they are one of the two most fun teams to watch, but lack the technical aspect you're looking for.

In fact, there's really only one truly technical team in the league, soooooo...

mj-laughing.gif

The only team that can match the KD and Why Not Westbrook in fun factor are the Warriors.

And San Antonio is the only technical team in the league. Not sure what you're laughing at, MJ.

You are looking at the Rockets. My favorite team is OKC, and they are one of the two most fun teams to watch, but lack the technical aspect you're looking for.

In fact, there's really only one truly technical team in the league, soooooo...

As much as I like the Rockets, I don't think they're fun to watch. :<

Zeke

Op is Canadian? Shit you gotta cheer for the spurs now. Matt Bonner aka the red rocket aka red mamba and future Canadian citizen.
During his tenure with the Toronto Raptors, he received the nickname the "Red Rocket" for his red hair and constant use of the public transit in Toronto, the Toronto Transit Commission, whose slogan is "Ride the Rocket."[9]
Also Cory joesph is a spur originally from Toronto.

I'm getting back into the NBA, and I just picked the Bulls because their logo is awesome. Seriously, it might be my favorite logo in sports.

Oh, and Derrick Rose is pretty awesome.

mYypnHG.png

Dr Prob

Banned
Agreed. OP should make it an event and tell us which team he is taking his talents to.

Unsure as to why I'm so invested, but I need to know the outcome. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but if one member of Euro-GAF had to pick an NBA team at the All-Star break and stick with them it would do huge numbers.

Given the criteria he laid out it has to be the Warriors, but maybe, just maybe it could be the Celtics.

http://youtu.be/GRPqIL6g3mI

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtlphk_robert-parish-vs-bill-laimbeer-1987-ecf-game-5_sport

http://youtu.be/X7r6vXeOfyQ

So pretty.

cormack12

Gold Member
Thought I'd drop the update in here now as it's a bit late over here now. I can look forward to reading all the replies tomorrow of what a huge mistake I've made ha.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who contributed and all the great suggestions. The past few days I've on NBAFullReplay.com and watched a number of games. After reading the suggestions it was clear there was a standout choice, or it certainly appeared that way. I really considered everyone's input and it really gave me a starting point for teams that suited me, and they were all generally really good pieces of advice too.

So *drum roll* after watching games, there was one team I kept going back to to watch more of and that team was:

Portland Trail Blazers so I think I'm going to stick with them :) I love their 'one more pass' mentality to create shooting opportunities, and when that fails they have a couple of players who can drive straight through to the net. They seem capable and they have a good tempo to their play. I really like a couple of their players, Lillard is very exciting and Batum looks classy as well. Lopez makes me laugh because he looks like he is shattered after two minutes, bent double with his huge frame. Having said all this, you're probably thinking 'wrong, wrong, wrong!' :)

From the advice, I genuinely thought Warriors were made for me, but after watching the teams play, the Blazers basically had me hooked. Weird how this sport thing works. It was very close but had I picked Warriors I think I'd have been picking them because of some preconceptions, whereas I enjoy the Blazers play more....

Anyway, thanks again - and so my NBA journey begins :)

Unsure as to why I'm so invested, but I need to know the outcome. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but if one member of Euro-GAF had to pick an NBA team at the All-Star break and stick with them it would do huge numbers.

Not sure what that is - is that like a half time ad break thing?

Thought I'd drop the update in here now as it's a bit late over here now. I can look forward to reading all the replies tomorrow of what a huge mistake I've made ha.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who contributed and all the great suggestions. The past few days I've on NBAFullReplay.com and watched a number of games. After reading the suggestions it was clear there was a standout choice, or it certainly appeared that way. I really considered everyone's input and it really gave me a starting point for teams that suited me, and they were all generally really good pieces of advice too.

So *drum roll* after watching games, there was one team I kept going back to to watch more of and that team was:

Portland Trail Blazers so I think I'm going to stick with them :) I love their 'one more pass' mentality to create shooting opportunities, and when that fails they have a couple of players who can drive straight through to the net. They seem capable and they have a good tempo to their play. I really like a couple of their players, Lillard is very exciting and Batum looks classy as well. Lopez makes me laugh because he looks like he is shattered after two minutes, bent double with his huge frame. Having said all this, you're probably thinking 'wrong, wrong, wrong!' :)

From the advice, I genuinely thought Warriors were made for me, but after watching the teams play, the Blazers basically had me hooked. Weird how this sport thing works. It was very close but had I picked Warriors I think I'd have been picking them because of some preconceptions, whereas I enjoy the Blazers play more....

Disappointed that it's not my Sixers :( but I like the trail blazers. Solid pick OP. I really like their jerseys. Lillard is one of my favorite young players in the league.

But if you ever want an eastern conference team to cheer for, you always have the Sixers :)

Good choice. Only risk with the Blazers is if they can't resign LaMarcus Aldridge, but I think he'll stick around, from what I've heard he likes the area and is a loyal guy. They can contend if Lillard keeps developing and the build up a decent supporting cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom