• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US-Led Coalition Air Strike Kills Dozens of Civilians in Manbij, Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abounder

Banned
Or try to do as good a job as possible and limit civilian casualties as much as we can.

And again, taking in refugees is not the answer here. Those people there can't even leave probably.

There's plenty of refugees to take in (worst since WW2); agree to disagree that civilian casualties are worth it.

There's plenty of refugees to take in (worst since WW2); agree to disagree that civilian casualties are worth it.
My point is: the civilian casualties are going to happen anyway. But the only party there I see interested in at least limiting them is the Western coalition. Russia/Assad and ISIS don't care.

And there are plenty of refugees to take in. But not from ISIS stronghold where they are forced to stay and executed for whatever reason on a daily basis.

My point is: the civilian casualties are going to happen anyway. But the only party there I see interested in at least limiting them is the Western coalition. Russia/Assad and ISIS don't care.

And there are plenty of refugees to take in. But not from ISIS stronghold where they are forced to stay and executed for whatever reason on a daily basis.

The thing is nobody is going to take in refugees unless they are forced too. Saying we should take in refugees is pretty much a no go because it pretty much really isn't going to happen, besides a few that some do take in .Plus, like you said it doesn't stop the war( not saying we shouldn't take in refugees) .

You are purposefully creating future enemies.

How many wives and mothers will you kill and act oblivious when the men left behind seek revenge.

I'm over war.

Assad did what most dictators always do against protests- Push back hard. It's possible that if the western powers had stayed out of it, it would have played itself out with a lot less deaths and less damage to the infrastructure.
It's possible that engaging in the proxy war greatly expanded the misery and suffering to a lot more people.

After all, isn't that why we don't invade and liberate many other countries ruled by just as cruel dictators? The cost of life is high, and only when you can step into to stop an actual genocide- A mass slaughter like in Rwanda, where it has stopped being a civil war between actors fighting for control of their own country, it seems like outside influence doesn't have a positive effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom