• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

Ashtar

Dragon Age or Shadow of Modor???
Shadow of mordor was more fun, dragon age was okay some good characters but not very fun.

I'm account sharing with my cousin and got a decent deal on PSN credit just preordered deus ex and watch dogs 2, hopefully another good PSN deal comes along so I can grab mafia 3 and Xcom 2

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks Ashtar.

I still need $6+ to reach $100.

$59.99 TLG
$11.99 RE0
$11.99 REmake
$9.99 SoM GotY

Any recommendation? Ops... max $12.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
grabbed

inFAMOUS Second Son
REmake
RE0
Alien Isolation
South Park Fractured But Whole pre-order (for the Stick of Truth bonus)

I really struggled with not getting MGSV.. but at 30% off I am guessing I'll be able to get at least as good a deal as that at some point.

Thanks Ashtar.

I still need $6+ to reach $100.

$59.99 TLG
$11.99 RE0
$11.99 REmake
$9.99 SoM GotY

Any recommendation? Ops... max $12.

Mega Man Legacy? It wasn't super high on my list but it's a solid title and was in my cart for a bit as I was juggling stuff.

edit - for those looking at AC's... Syndicate is by far the best of the three. Losing the boat is a downside, and obviously if you like the pirate setting Black Flag is a GREAT game. But visually and gameplay, Syndicate is a genuinely great game all around, better than Unity or Black Flag.

impirius

I think I've optimized this.

$4.49 Tomb Raider: DE
$5.99 The Order: 1886
$29.99 Destiny: Rise of Iron
$59.99 Horizon Zero Dawn
--------
$100.46

TheAznOne

Preordered South Park. I'm left with $40.01 to spend but don't know what else I want. Looking at the MK Kombat Pack 2 that's on sale. I only have the base game. If I buy the first and second kombat pack, do I get everything that's included in the XL version of the game?

Vaco6121

These 3 which one?

Neptunia VII
Omega Quintet
Siren (PS2)

I want to ask if the JRPGs are turn based?

Yes, both Neptunia and Omega are turn based. While I have only played a little both of both games, I have enjoyed Neptunia more than Omega Quintet

HotHamBoy

Hardline is supposed to be pretty good, BF4 still has a bug that deletes your save. It happened to me twice.

Still, for less than $10 just buy both.

What? No, Hardline is mediocre at best. BF4 is superb and has way better game play modes like 64 player conquest. The games has been patched so many times that it's quite good now. Yes, the save file corruption bug is still there but this ONLY applies to the shitty single player campaign. The MP save is stored on servers.

That said, if you are buying Battlefield for SP you're doing it wrong. The campaigns are not worth playing.

BF4 also has some free DLC maps, I don't believe Hardline does.

Not going for the $100 deal, but I grabbed the following:

Child of Light (Vita)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Unravel

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
So far i got The order, and i also just bought battlefield 4 and Shadow of mordor GOT edition, however i am hesitant about the last one, should i keep it or cancel the purchase? I mean is it a good game?

sense

I look at a lot of these less than 10$ games and I am thinking they will be free on plus soon and hesitant to pull the trigger lol

Does extending your PS Plus membership count in this?

Yes, as long as you buy it off the PSN store. It doesn't count if you buy a plus subscription card from a store or a code from Amazon.
If you're going to do that, buy a PSN credit gift card to buy a Plus subscription. That will count.

Defunkled

Is Xenoverse worth it? Having serious indecision about picking it up. I haven't bought a Dragon Ball game since the original Budokai on the PS2.

Jamesways

Yes, as long as you buy it off the PSN store. It doesn't count if you buy a plus subscription card from a store or a code from Amazon.
If you're going to do that, buy a PSN credit gift card to buy a Plus subscription. That will count.

Awesome, thanks. I bought 5-20$ codes from BB yesterday (had 80 bucks off coupons from buying a washer and dryer recently). They also had a sale on number of cards, two were on knocked down to 16.

Spent about 106 yesterday on the store with the subscription renew.

netguy503

LOL I just got Mortal Kombat XL under the wire. I saw cheapassgamer post this morning that Best Buy had it on "sale" for $49.99 (GCU $39.99) and I was like NOPE! I literally got it MINUTES before the changeover. I got so lucky.

dreamfall

LOL I just got Mortal Kombat XL under the wire. I saw cheapassgamer post this morning that Best Buy had it on "sale" for $49.99 (GCU $39.99) and I was like NOPE! I literally got it MINUTES before the changeover. I got so lucky.

I was so hesitant to pull the trigger, just because I want the game on disc. Feel like I missed out :/

BouncyFrag

I got Need for Speed and really like it. It looks and feels great. The live action cutscenes are all cringe worthy though, lol.

Ended up getting

Gradius Collection for PSP because I wanted it digitally and to play it on my Vita (Doesn't work on Vita TV! =_=)
Child of Light for Vita (What are the odds that this doesn't work on Vita TV either?)
Mega Man Legacy Collection for PS4
Disney Infinity 3.0 (I've had a few of the figures, just wanted the software without the mandatory prequel trilogy stuff)
Overwatch (Rationalization. $15 back makes this technically $45. But it ain't. I paid $60 for it. :| )

Ended up getting

Gradius Collection for PSP because I wanted it digitally and to play it on my Vita (Doesn't work on Vita TV! =_=)
Child of Light for Vita (What are the odds that this doesn't work on Vita TV either?)
Mega Man Legacy Collection for PS4
Disney Infinity 3.0 (I've had a few of the figures, just wanted the software without the mandatory prequel trilogy stuff)
Overwatch (Rationalization. $15 back makes this technically $45. But it ain't. I paid $60 for it. :| )

I did the same with Overwatch. Haha.

This is the first Dragon Age game I've played. Is inquisition vastly different from the previous titles? For some reason I thought DA was more strategy games and Inquisition is way more like Witcher 3 than I ever would have guessed.

This is the first Dragon Age game I've played. Is inquisition vastly different from the previous titles? For some reason I thought DA was more strategy games and Inquisition is way more like Witcher 3 than I ever would have guessed.

No, all 3 are similar. I'd compare it more to Diablo 3 as far as combat goes.

netguy503

I was so hesitant to pull the trigger, just because I want the game on disc. Feel like I missed out :/

Yea, I really don't like dling 40ish gig games myself but if it saves me $10-$20 I'm in (can't believe that's a sale price. This version has been out for awhile)

I'm glad to finally get Chrono Cross for my Vita. But where's Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for Vita, the PS3 and PS4 versions are there, but not this one?

I bought Battlefield 4... went to play it and there's a $50 download in the game to go 'premium' to play multiplayer. Guess I didn't read the fine print. The campaign is just terrible.

Dunlop

does it have to be in a single order? Wasn't paying attention and just renewed my PS+

edit nvm, reread the link

No, all 3 are similar. I'd compare it more to Diablo 3 as far as combat goes.

This is 100% false.

Dragon Age: Origins is much more akin to the Infinity Engine games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and the perspective matches that. Party and ability management is a pretty big deal, and there's lots of AI options so you can set basic if/then statements for attacks, healing, etc.

Dragon Age 2 is a much smaller game, and combat tends to be more like a 3rd person action game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition kind of merges the two, though some would argue it fails at both.

None of them play anything like Diablo 3.

netguy503

Just saw PSN put up a pre-order for the new Ghostbuters game and they are charging $50 for it....and it looks like a PSN game. That's the price they were charging for the new Turtles game and it looks just as good. Holy hell, that might be worse then a Mighty No.9 purchase.

I bought Battlefield 4... went to play it and there's a $50 download in the game to go 'premium' to play multiplayer. Guess I didn't read the fine print. The campaign is just terrible.

You don't need premium to play multiplayer. Premium is the Battlefield version of a season pass, it was only there to give you expansions and other freebies during the first year of the game. Two of the guys that I play with regularly only have the standard no DLC version of BF4.

And yeah, the campaign isn't great, but there are a few multiplayer unlocks tied to it.

IvanJ

Banned
Just saw PSN put up a pre-order for the new Ghostbuters game and they are charging $50 for it....and it looks like a PSN game. That's the price they were charging for the new Turtles game and it looks just as good. Holy hell, that might be worse then a Mighty No.9 purchase.
I thought that it was that PSN game from PS3/X360 era remastered.
They are obviously trying to cash in on the hype, that game was not worth $5 let alone $50.

Poor sales this week, I still need to spend CA$30 to be eligible for rebate. I think I'll either take Heavy Rain, or let it expire and wait for HR to go on sale for $15. I have a couple of hours to decide, but I'm leaning toward letting it go, and hope for it to be on Flash sale this weekend.

Top Bottom