• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

autoduelist

Other than it being the typical weekend of the month to expect one... not yet. I just poked around the site and didn't see anything that would indicate a flash sale. I'm still hopeful though.
So no flash sale this week huh?

Flash sales seem to consistently be the third week of the month.

I think a few others have asked it, but - how did Need for Speed 2015 wind up panning out? Is it worth getting for a casual racing fan? Anything in it I wouldn't get from already owning The Crew and Driveclub?

I just picked it up. I enjoyed the beta a lot. Corny but kinda awesome FMV cutscenes. I though the driving felt really nice.

Is Tearaway PS Vita worth $7.99? Never played either version before.Is this the lowest price it's been at on the PS store?

It's a great game. Has a slightly slow start since you don't begin the game with jumping [you get it soon enough] and it's never -difficult-... but it has a massive amount of soul and should warm anyone's heart.

Does Shadows of Mordor live up to all the hype it was given? Might have to pick the GoTY edition.

The Nemesis system is awesome and I can't believe it took this long for someone to come up with the idea. The rest of the game is so-so open world with problematic free running and Batman style combat.

But... the nemesis system means you have a full and ever changing hitlist of high ranking orcs to assassinate and kill in various ways. Fail, and they get promoted. Succeed and new ones will rise to take their place. In some rare circumstances, one may survive your assassination and come back even stronger.

High level enemies may be completely immune to certain things. This feels odd -- how can you be immune to a sword? But if you don't think of it as immunity, but rather, 'ok, I'm only allowed to kill this Orc with [a bow]' to make it more of a challenge, it's fine imo.

watched some vids of The Crew and the open world 'race across mini US' looks pretty cool for $12 or whatever

thought about the ATV vs MX game too since I was a huuuuuge ATV Offroad Fury fan but I watched a couple free roam vids and it looked so bad q_q

HotHamBoy

All this talk about Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag made me think about returning to the game.

It was one of the games I got on the PS4 launch day and I enjoyed it enough, despite frustrations, but that game is so long and bloated that I probably only got 50-60% finished before selling it to fund another purchase.

Come to find when browsing the store last night that I own the Season Pass. I DON'T remember ever buying it, though! It says I bought it in February 2014, but I swear I don't recall the purchase and apparently I never downloaded any of the DLC from the pass.

Seriously, i wouldn't have bought this pass. The base game was more than enough for me at the time and the DLC see didn't seem worth $20.

Well, seeing as I DO have the Season Pass, and it's been quite a long time, do you guys think it's worth $9 to finish the game and play Freedom's Cry? Is the sea stuff worth returning to or has my memory made the more frustrating aspects of the game seem more tolerable because it was a launch title?

I really enjoyed entering ship battles as the storms swelled and my crew sang shanties. So epic!

ALTERNATIVELY...

I also feel strongly compelled to buy the GOTY version of Shadow of Mordor and replay that. That game really clicked for me and I ran through it over a one week rental when it launched. I remember really enjoying it.l, but maybe it's not worth returning to, even with the DLC.

J_Viper

Well, seeing as I DO have the Season Pass, and it's been quite a long time, do you guys think it's worth $9 to finish the game and play Freedom's Cry? Is the sea stuff worth returning to or has my memory made the more frustrating aspects of the game seem more tolerable because it was a launch title?

I really enjoyed entering ship battles as the storms swelled and my crew sang shanties. So epic!

Nope.

Adelwale is one of the best protags that Ubisoft have come up with, but the mission design and combat is just as bad as it is in the main game

So I bought Batman Premium Edition but I only see the base game + PS4 exclusive DLC in my download list, there is no season pass listed.

I'm not going to buy a PS4 until payday so I can't check. Anyone who bought the Premium Edition can verify that the season pass comes with it? Note, I'm talking about seeing my download list on the Web store, I should log into my SIE account online to see it I guess to confirm.

It did take awhile for my TLOUR to show up on the web store.

To answer your question, the current bundle on sale does include the season pass. When you boot up the game, on the main title screen you'll see a "downloadable content" option, and when you click on it you'll be able to download all the skins/challenge maps/missions from there. All will be free to download, but you have to download them separately

IvanJ

Banned
Well, after preordering South Park and No Man's Sky on my US account, and RE7 on the Canadian, I still need to spend CA$30 to qualify for that rebate.
But there is nothing I want in that price range, thought about AC Syndicate but I swore to never play AC again after AC3, so I'll keep my promise. Thought about Heavy Rain, but that will be on discount for about $10 sooner than later.

Good thing, and a PSA to all: Rebate period is until Tuesday night, so there is time to wait for a new set of deals if you need to spend and have nothing to spend it now.

Well, after preordering South Park and No Man's Sky on my US account, and RE7 on the Canadian, I still need to spend CA$30 to qualify for that rebate.
But there is nothing I want in that price range, thought about AC Syndicate but I swore to never play AC again after AC3, so I'll keep my promise. Thought about Heavy Rain, but that will be on discount for about $10 sooner than later.

Good thing, and a PSA to all: Rebate period is until Tuesday night, so there is time to wait for a new set of deals if you need to spend and have nothing to spend it now.

As someone who absolutely loathed AC3, I really enjoyed my time with AC:S. I actually skipped Unity because it looked awful (performance wise) and boring but AC:S was really good and felt quite fresh.

I think you should give it a shot.

J_Viper

As someone who absolutely loathed AC3, I really enjoyed my time with AC:S. I actually skipped Unity because it looked awful (performance wise) and boring but AC:S was really good and felt quite fresh.

I'll back this up.

Syndicate was a solid comeback after how awful both Black Flag and Unity were.

For the promo, I got DBZ with seasonpass, ratchet & clank, MK Kombat pass 2, Destiny Rise of Iron and a theme.

My mom bought BF1 deluxe, and GOW3 remastered.

Tomb raider or battlefield 4? I'm leaning towards BF4 since it's a multiplayer game and will get more millage in the long run but it tomb raider is better quality I might get that instead

Or if dragon age is better maybe that

wilflare

I'm still kinda undecided between which NFS to go for.
I enjoyed DriveClub but I would want something more arcade-ish. I particularly enjoyed the police car chases from older NFS

HotHamBoy

Tomb raider or battlefield 4? I'm leaning towards BF4 since it's a multiplayer game and will get more millage in the long run but it tomb raider is better quality I might get that instead

Or if dragon age is better maybe that

Not Dragon Age. It's very long and pretty but fairly dull and stupidly easy as RPGs go.

BF4 is an incredible MP game and will provide a ton of content to work through. $5 is an insanely good value. That said, Battlefield 4 w/ Premium has gone on sale for $18 and adds 25 maps. Still, older DLC doesn't have near as many people playing. You do get 10 huge maps with the base game and some free maps from DLC, so it's still a great place to start for $5.

Tomb Raider is an excellent single player game and also a great value. But it's about 12 hours. BF4 could potentially give you 100s of hours if you get into it, just be aware that the game is HARD. You will die constantly, so don't get frustrated til you git gud. I do think the game is all the better with friends. It's meant to be played in mic'd squads, it's very team-oriented.

I'm still kinda undecided between which NFS to go for.
I enjoyed DriveClub but I would want something more arcade-ish. I particularly enjoyed the police car chases from older NFS

Rivals is a great deal. I personally don't like the open-world racers, though. I prefer to just pick my events like Hot Pursuit instead of driving around looking for things to do.

StereoVsn

Not Dragon Age. It's very long and pretty but fairly dull and stupidly easy as RPGs go.

Tomb Raider is an excellent single player game and also a great value. But it's about 12 hours. BF4 could potentially give you 100s of hours if you get into it, just be aware that the game is HARD. You will die constantly, so don't get frustrated til you git gud. I do think the game is all the better with friends. It's meant to be played in mic'd squads, it's very team-oriented.

Dragon Age is decent enough after updates and is more then worth $6. It has a lot of things to do, good characters, somewhat dull combat (which got a bit better with patches), and collecathon of crap to gather (skip most of it). Its not a bad game and a lot of value for the equivalent of a Starbucks Grande Cappucino.

Tomb Raider is also quite decent depending on if you like these kinds of games (took me about 15 hours).

IvanJ

Banned

I'll back this up.

Syndicate was a solid comeback after how awful both Black Flag and Unity were.

You guys are not making this easy for me. I still have some inner demons to consult with, but I might actually do it

Bettajdbka.jpg

HotHamBoy

Dragon Age is decent enough after updates and is more then worth $6. It has a lot of things to do, good characters, somewhat dull combat (which got a bit better with patches), and collecathon of crap to gather (skip most of it). Its not a bad game and a lot of value for the equivalent of a Starbucks Grande Cappucino.

Tomb Raider is also quite decent depending on if you like these kinds of games (took me about 15 hours).

I mean, it's fine. I beat it. I just think if you are choosing between those three games it's the worst choice. I played the game right before The Witcher 3 came out and once I got into TW3 it made me realize how not that great DA: I was.

BF4 is an incredible MP game and will provide a ton of content to work through. $5 is an insanely good value. That said, Battlefield 4 w/ Premium has gone on sale for $18 and adds 25 maps. Still, older DLC doesn't have near as many people playing. You do get 10 huge maps with the base game and some free maps from DLC, so it's still a great place to start for $5.

Rivals is a great deal. I personally don't like the open-world racers, though. I prefer to just pick my events like Hot Pursuit instead of driving around looking for things to do.

Is it much harder than battlefield 3? I was okay with that difficulty and usually had a positive kill death ratio (barely though lol, went like 12-10 something most of the time)

I honestly don't care about doing anything besides trying to capture the objective, killing people, and not dying a lot. Probably not gonna voice chat

HotHamBoy

Is it much harder than battlefield 3? I was okay with that difficulty and usually had a positive kill death ratio (barely though lol, went like 12-10 something most of the time)

I honestly don't care about doing anything besides trying to capture the objective, killing people, and not dying a lot. Probably not gonna voice chat

It's a bit harder because you have 64 players in Conquest. That's a lot more people shooting at you.

But if you liked BF3 you will love the better framerate, chaotic player count and bigger, more dynamic maps of BF4.

I'm assumng we are cmparing BF3 PS3 to BF4 PS4. If you are playing BF4 on PS3 then it's not nearly as big an upgrade/difference.

Edgeward

The Pirate Ship portion, for sure.

But everything else related to gameplay is terrible.

I have to agree. Traversing through most of the villages was not fun, especially trying to get those little shiny things. And it doesn't work as well in open, wide environments and resort to moving from bush to bush. And there will still so many tailing missions too. Like they didn't learn from previous games. And the ships were fun but the shallowness showed after a while and it became a chore later on when trying to get to the higher levels and upgrades.

This is a rough one. I've got battlefield, maybe dishonored II, I want that digital fallout and I need that bloodborne! Too many choices lol

lupinko

To answer your question, the current bundle on sale does include the season pass. When you boot up the game, on the main title screen you'll see a "downloadable content" option, and when you click on it you'll be able to download all the skins/challenge maps/missions from there. All will be free to download, but you have to download them separately

Thanks! I can't wait to play it later this week. :)

HotHamBoy

This is a rough one. I've got battlefield, maybe dishonored II, I want that digital fallout and I need that bloodborne! Too many choices lol

If it makes it easier for you, $20 is Bloodborne's new MSRP on PSN. The Fallout 4 price is a sale. So you could wait to get Bloodborne and it might go on sale for even less, or at least you'll still get it for $20.

Fallout 4 is a good game, it's just not as good as New Vegas.

How long does it take to get the 15 dollars? Will I have it next week? Expecting a Sonic sale next week and wanted to pick some of those up. Debating whether I should save my money or just go for it and preorder Umbrella Corps and buy the SF5 season pass.

How long does it take to get the 15 dollars? Will I have it next week? Expecting a Sonic sale next week and wanted to pick some of those up. Debating whether I should save my money or just go for it and preorder Umbrella Corps and buy the SF5 season pass.

From T+Cs:

Spend $100 using your wallet for the PlayStation®Network (“PSN Wallet”) through June 21st, 2016 11:59pm PT, and receive a promotion code valued at $15 to credit to your PSN Wallet on or before July 5th, 2016

"on or before" is pretty vague, though. Wondering what peoples usual experiences are, if they usually come earlier, or it's just a "definitely at the latest". On, I assume?

Is Neptunia VII any good? Only JRPGs i've played are Persona 3 and 4.

Not sure if I'd recommend it to someone relatively new to the genre, but it's definitely the best in the series I've played, and really not terrible. Average game, if the characters seem appealing, go for it. Otherwise skip it.

Tizoc

"on or before" is pretty vague, though. Wondering what peoples usual experiences are, if they usually come earlier, or it's just a "definitely at the latest". On, I assume?
I just wait for the code to arrive to me via email and i just redeem it
I got my older codes at random dates sometimes early sometimes last day

Haunted

Those are some Steam level discounts, well done Sony.

EU PSN has some of these as well, so I bought Unravel and the Battlefield bundle.

ngower

Is The Order worth it at that price? I know it's not a great game by any means but people seem to think it's worth playing for some of the visuals alone. Am I lighting money on fire if I buy it?

hydruxo

Is The Order worth it at that price? I know it's not a great game by any means but people seem to think it's worth playing for some of the visuals alone. Am I lighting money on fire if I buy it?

It's $6. You're not really losing much if you don't like it. I paid full price for it when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Top Bottom