• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

legbone

It took em' goddamn long enough but Battlefield 4 is in a pretty fixed and playable state all around.

thanks, think i'll bite. always liked how battlefield took a semi-realistic approach to their campaigns while cod goes bat shit crazy over the top. i appreciate both approaches just never got around to buying bf4 since it was a broken mess. but 5 bucks is hard to pass up. i just spent 20 on advanced warfare for just the single player. waiting on blops 3 (my favorite campaigns of all shooters, but here bad things about 3) to hit 20 next.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Logged in many hours of DA: I on PS4 and it was fantastic. I loved Origins, hated DA2 but loved DA: I. Very much worth it, just skip the sidequests and focus on main story missions plus character missions.

worth it even without the dlc? heard the last one is kind of an epilogue of sorts?

Fisty

thanks for the heads up. one of my guilty pleasures is playing shooter campaigns and never touching the multi. used to buy them day one and never play online so i've just started waiting until i can get them dirt cheap. but i will say, call of duty may be the first one i have purchased in years on day one just because SPACE and the remaster mw. it was the only one i tried to play online for a while. mag was always my jam.

Im actually not a fan of the campaigns, I wish they didnt make them and put more focus on the amazing multi. I only just played it so i could finally delete the ~70gb off my hdd. BF3s was actually not that bad, a few really good missions. BF4 though was lame, the conflict was pretty hollow and and it just kind of... ends.

GaussTek

I'm planning on grabbing one of the NFS games for PS4 now that they are on sale... but just one for now.

Which one do you guys recommend... Rivals or 2015?

Thanks!

Yeah, its certainly not a bad game. Not great either. I felt it was a little too long and repetitive. And the open world felt a little lifeless.

But other thank those things, it looks great, plays pretty great (especially when you get all the powers and learn how to use them well) and has a good enough story to keep you going.

Agree with this. Felt a little grindy to me. Didn't finish it, but may one day. I've seen my sons play through and beat it multiple times. They loved it, and still sometimes play it. They're 15 and 11. I know my oldest really enjoyed the previous games. They both liked First Light as well.

The world does seem a little lifeless, but it's fun traversing it. And it's cool seeing the real-world landmarks since I've been to Seattle a couple of times.

At this price--unless you're really hurting for money--it's an easy buy.

The End

So... assuming the last AC game I really enjoyed was 2, do I grab ACIV: Gold (pirates! worthwhile DLC) or Syndicate?

Assume I don't give a shit about the overarching lore

thanks, think i'll bite. always liked how battlefield took a semi-realistic approach to their campaigns while cod goes bat shit crazy over the top. i appreciate both approaches just never got around to buying bf4 since it was a broken mess. but 5 bucks is hard to pass up. i just spent 20 on advanced warfare for just the single player. waiting on blops 3 (my favorite campaigns of all shooters, but here bad things about 3) to hit 20 next.

Just as a heads up, they never fixed the save bug. So back it up often otherwise you might try to load up a saved game only to be met with ♫ Turn around ♫. Sucks having to start over again when you're already 5 hours in.

Onaco

Just as a heads up, they never fixed the save bug. So back it up often otherwise you might try to load up a saved game only to be met with ♫ Turn around ♫. Sucks having to start over again when you're already 5 hours in.

That's the reason I hated BF4 when it launched. It's STILL not patched though? Fuck off, EA.

Menitta

Man, Batman Arkham Knight really shoves the Batmobile down your throat. Glad I didn't pay full price for this. I'm gonna keep going and if I finish it, I'll do an LTTP on it.

Menitta

So... assuming the last AC game I really enjoyed was 2, do I grab ACIV: Gold (pirates! worthwhile DLC) or Syndicate?

Assume I don't give a shit about the overarching lore

That depends. Which do you like more? Victorian Era London or pirates? I adored Syndicate. IMO, it's the best in the series. Black Flag isn't much of an AC game but it's the best damn pirate game out there next to AC Rogue (which is the same game but a Templar and in NY).

The End

That depends. Which do you like more? Victorian Era London or pirates? I adored Syndicate. IMO, it's the best in the series. Black Flag isn't much of an AC game but it's the best damn pirate game out there next to AC Rogue (which is the same game but a Templar and in NY).

truthfully, the assasin stuff was always my least favorite part of these games, it was all the other shit that I really got a kick out of it

Black Flag it is

HotHamBoy

Does Shadows of Mordor live up to all the hype it was given? Might have to pick the GoTY edition.

I loved it. It's a fun ass game with some cool ideas.
Absolutely worth $10. The way the game changes in the second half is pretty sweet.

Just know that the on foot combat is awful, and there's a ton of it

The on-foot controls and missions in general are just dire. All the ship/pirate stuff is so god damned good, though. It's 50/50 frustration and bliss.

The on-foot controls and missions in general are just dire. All the ship/pirate stuff is so god damned good, though. It's 50/50 frustration and bliss.

Yup. I don't want to come off as a Syndicate shill in this thread, but the improvements made in that game easily place it above prior entries.

As fun as the ship-to-ship combat is, it's just not worth slogging through Black Flag's shitty missions to play them (and if ship combat's your thing, AC Rogue and games like Rebel Galaxy arguably do it better, with far less/zero tailing missions).

I think a few others have asked it, but - how did Need for Speed 2015 wind up panning out? Is it worth getting for a casual racing fan? Anything in it I wouldn't get from already owning The Crew and Driveclub?

Picked up Inquisition - for $8 I couldn't say no.

Still playing through Blood and Wine, so not sure when I'll get to it, but it's there when I do.

Tizoc

Did they fix the sound issues for Mega Many Legacy Collection on PS4?

There was an update months ago. I hadn't noticed that sound issue but really, it's the Megaman games, they run fine from what I played.

Does Shadows of Mordor live up to all the hype it was given? Might have to pick the GoTY edition.

It's a good Orc Slaying Simulator.
That's about the most positive thing people would ever say about it nowadays.

WhiteWolf

I ended up grabbing inFamous:SS and I am about 1.5-2 hours into it. I don't know how I'll feel once I beat it, but it's pretty fun so far and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Anyone on the fence should try it for $12.

CREMSteve

I'm planning on grabbing one of the NFS games for PS4 now that they are on sale... but just one for now.

Which one do you guys recommend... Rivals or 2015?

Thanks!
Was in the same boat, so I used metacritic as the deciding factor. Nfs is in the 60s, Rivals in the 80s. Made the choice easy.

Also picked up BF4, man the audio in that game is aces. Every shot fired packs some serious punch.

legbone

thanks for the warning. i was afraid of that. i haven't started playing it yet but when i do i will quicksave often (at least i presume that is what you mean by back it up often).

Ugh, seriously? I've heard a lot of bad things about it but most people said that the gameplay is fun so I at least should be able to enjoy that aspect of it, right?

I barely even got to the gameplay. The opening hour of the game is Metal Gear Solid-like in how long it spends in cut-scenes that could take fifteen seconds, and between those and the parts in which I did actually take control the game made me feel so fucking uncomfortable that I ended up just deleting it.

If you're into this kind of thing then you'll probably get more enjoyment from it, but I'm a grown man and was looking for an RPG and I couldn't overlook how gross it is outside of the RPG mechanics.

wilflare

there's quite a number of things I would buy but that would mean double-dipping (already own some of them on PC).

but the PC isn't plugged into the TV :/

KimChi

will buying PS+ on the psn store count toward the spend $100 promo? Just wanna make sure since I want to grab the 1year sub.

The Ummah

Banned
Bought Need For Speed Rivals because I didn't get a chance to play at launch. Needed a true arcade racer to compliment Driveclub.

Any other recommendations for must haves?

Tizoc

Bought Need For Speed Rivals because I didn't get a chance to play at launch. Needed a true arcade racer to compliment Driveclub.

Any other recommendations for must haves?
Megaman legacy
Rayman legends
Trackmania turbo when thst goes on sale

Psn has a wishlist function dontcha know~

will buying PS+ on the psn store count toward the spend $100 promo? Just wanna make sure since I want to grab the 1year sub.
Yes anything you buy from us psn will count towards the promo
U spent usd 50 for a year of plus? Usd 50 to go~
Tomb Raider, The Order, BF4 and BFH for ~$20. Don't mind if I do :)
Congrats on wasting usd 20 on mediocre games :v

KimChi

Megaman legacy
Rayman legends
Trackmania turbo when thst goes on sale

Psn has a wishlist function dontcha know~

Yes anything you buy from us psn will count towards the promo
U spent usd 50 for a year of plus? Usd 50 to go~

Cool, thanks. I usually bought ps+ cards on sale but lacking money when they were going for $40 a couple times.

carlos

I went on customer support chat to ask that, and they said no. Now, it is known that those reps are generally idiots and liars, but I went ahead and spent $1 on a theme anyway. Sigh.

confirming this, I bought 2 years of plus (99.98) and the rep said I had to buy more.

I had already bought the ps 50 cards off ebay for 36 bucks, so after the credit, it will come to about 30 bucks a year for plus; as good as the black friday deal years back.

I barely even got to the gameplay. The opening hour of the game is Metal Gear Solid-like in how long it spends in cut-scenes that could take fifteen seconds, and between those and the parts in which I did actually take control the game made me feel so fucking uncomfortable that I ended up just deleting it.

If you're into this kind of thing then you'll probably get more enjoyment from it, but I'm a grown man and was looking for an RPG and I couldn't overlook how gross it is outside of the RPG mechanics.
Okay, that sounds pretty bad. I'm okay with fan service to a point, but we'll see how this turns out.

Apdiddy

I ended up getting Trials of the Blood Dragon, Siren PS2 port, and The Witcher 3 expansion pass. I thought about getting Just Cause 3 expansion pass but considering I haven't played it, not sure if it's worth it. Much less Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3's expansion passes.

Top Bottom