• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

ryseing

Is The Order worth it at that price? I know it's not a great game by any means but people seem to think it's worth playing for some of the visuals alone. Am I lighting money on fire if I buy it?

It's more of a matter of wasting time than money. IMO it's not worth your time.

jorgejjvr

Also, what are the absolute best top 5 games out of this list?

I have in my cart -

Mordor

Battlefield 4

Dragon Age

The order

And debating assassin Creed syndicate

ryseing

I have in my cart -

Mordor

Battlefield 4

Dragon Age

The order

Mordor and AC: S play fairly similarly. Both are great but I wouldn't get them both unless you want burnout. If you're picking one of the two go with Mordor.

jorgejjvr

Mordor and AC: S play fairly similarly. Both are great but I wouldn't get them both unless you want burnout. If you're picking one of the two go with Mordor.
Thank you!

Last question is hardline or battlefield 4 better? They are so cheap and about the same price

Edit: are we thinking the flash sale might be better than this??

hbkdx12

Anyone have any opinions on MGS V as someone who knows next to nothing about the franchise?

I wouldn't really care about the story or not understanding it to be honest, i hear good things about the gameplay in regards to being able to play it stealthily but also going in guns blazing as well if you so choose.

Also, does the $15 credit also include PS+ subs? I think i need to re-up next month anyway

Tizoc

I have in my cart -

Mordor

Battlefield 4

Dragon Age

The order

Rayman legends
Megaman legacy off the top of my head
The only list those games you mentioned should be on is the 'you seriously want to spenf money on these games?' List
Though to be fair more doors is a good orc slaying simulator

jorgejjvr

Rayman legends
Megaman legacy off the top of my head
The only list those games you mentioned should be on is the 'you seriously want to spenf money on these games?' List
Though to be fair more doors is a good orc slaying simulator
I mean I hear they are good games, and I wouldn't necessarily buy them as you mentioned for regular price

But these are great prices

Good and cheap

Tizoc

I mean I hear they are good games, and I wouldn't necessarily buy them as you mentioned for regular price

But these are great prices

Good and cheap
Eh id say ur money is best spent else where:p
A cheap game need not necessarily be good
For example if u want a good fps single player campaign there is doom 2016
Yeah it isnt on sale but u can combine it with this promo to save off a little for future purchases

IvanJ

Banned
Anyone have any opinions on MGS V as someone who knows next to nothing about the franchise?

I wouldn't really care about the story or not understanding it to be honest, i hear good things about the gameplay in regards to being able to play it stealthily but also going in guns blazing as well if you so choose.

Also, does the $15 credit also include PS+ subs? I think i need to re-up next month anyway

MGS V was the first and only MGS game I ever played.
Story is horrid, after the first few cutscenes, I just skipped the rest.
Gameplay is awesome. I really enjoyed the way you can approach missions from so many angles - choosing a starting point, companion (horse, dog, sniper, mech), stealth or guns blazing, do side objectives or not...
Side missions are plenty fun as well, but tend to get too repetitive.

However, the game is just way too long, and by the time I finished about half (with a big boss fight), I was so tired of it, and the missions in the next part tend to become very repetitive, so I gave up.

But overall, I strongly recommend it as a MGS noob, one of the best open world games I've played.

MGS5 is a great third person shooter with a ton of content, but a light story. I think it's a positive that you don't care about the series' story. Cutscenes are few, but to fans they're nonsensical and out of character. To someone who doesn't care I imagine they're just cutscenes that show cool shit.
80% of the game is third person shooting/stealth and the other 20% is building your base by sending out soldiers on missions and unlocking new weapons/gear and upgrading old ones.
I bought it day one and still hop on to play it every other day or so for a bit. It's just really fun.

hbkdx12

MGS V was the first and only MGS game I ever played.
Story is horrid, after the first few cutscenes, I just skipped the rest.
Gameplay is awesome. I really enjoyed the way you can approach missions from so many angles - choosing a starting point, companion (horse, dog, sniper, mech), stealth or guns blazing, do side objectives or not...
Side missions are plenty fun as well, but tend to get too repetitive.

However, the game is just way too long, and by the time I finished about half (with a big boss fight), I was so tired of it, and the missions in the next part tend to become very repetitive, so I gave up.

But overall, I strongly recommend it as a MGS noob, one of the best open world games I've played.

MGS5 is a great third person shooter with a ton of content, but a light story. I think it's a positive that you don't care about the series' story. Cutscenes are few, but to fans they're nonsensical and out of character. To someone who doesn't care I imagine they're just cutscenes that show cool shit.
80% of the game is third person shooting/stealth and the other 20% is building your base by sending out soldiers on missions and unlocking new weapons/gear and upgrading old ones.
I bought it day one and still hop on to play it every other day or so for a bit. It's just really fun.
Awesome. Thanks for the input

Valonquar

AC: Black Flag is worth $9. I gave my physical copies to someone a while back, and I've been craving more piratey adventure again after UC4.

autoduelist

Tomb raider or battlefield 4? I'm leaning towards BF4 since it's a multiplayer game and will get more millage in the long run but it tomb raider is better quality I might get that instead

Or if dragon age is better maybe that

I'd go BF4. It's got great mulitplayer. Single player is fine.

TR is good... feels like an Uncharted take on TR, but lacks any significant tombs to raid and just misses the mark in a couple ways [some mechanics, like crafting, also feel completely unfinished like they ran out of time].

Dragon Age Inq should be a great game, but they overdid the collectables and crafting so it feels like you're clicking right stick every 3 seconds to 'pulse' to see herbs and shit, and so instead of just going 100 feet to your destination you're constantly zigzagging around picking up crap you don't even know if you need.
Combat is also borked and you end up just spamming x to attack. There are mechanics to set up your team, but as soon as battle starts they tend to break formation so it's pointless to waste time setting anything up. It's a big step back from Origins combat imo.

I'm still kinda undecided between which NFS to go for.
I enjoyed DriveClub but I would want something more arcade-ish. I particularly enjoyed the police car chases from older NFS

You'd like either, I think, but go with Rivals.
Rivals is sort of a mashup of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted (I've plat'd all 3). You have all the 'weapons' and race styles of HP, but in an open world very similar to MW. It's a solid game, and you will definitely have your fill of police car chases.

I haven't played much of NFS yet, but I really like it too.

"on or before" is pretty vague, though. Wondering what peoples usual experiences are, if they usually come earlier, or it's just a "definitely at the latest". On, I assume?

It's not really vague if you just assume it'll be on that day, and it's a bonus if you get it early. Generally, they wait till last minute, people freak out for no reason, and then everything shows up on time.

It's more of a matter of wasting time than money. IMO, it's not worth your time.

The Order is short, and I'd say it's well worth the time invested. At this price, it's an easy pickup despite it's shortcomings.

Don't buy Mordor, it's shit.

Mordor is worth playing at that price for the nemesis system alone, if you like 'assassination' type missions in games in general.

Menitta

AC: Black Flag is worth $9. I gave my physical copies to someone a while back, and I've been craving more piratey adventure again after UC4.

If so, you should get AC Rogue. It's the same game but you play as a Templar instead and it's in New York/Northern America.

Jrmint

I personally think Mortal Kombat XL for $30 is the best deal in the sale. That game is great and XL adds a ton of content.

is the nfs game good in handling or track design? the games haven't felt that good to me in a while but who knows... doubt its that great

no more watching the store on espn

autoduelist

looking for some feedback.

I already picked up Rainbow Six Siege, Black Flag, and NFS so I've spent about $50.

I would like to get to $100, between this sale, -maybe- any sales next week [bought tuesday before promo ends], and, worst case, full price games on my wishlist.

from this sale I'm considering

Battlefield Hardline $5
Destiny TK $30 (don't know if i have the time for this)
Alien Isolation $11 (played the first little bit til alien showed up, sold because i wasn't in love, but kind of want to give it another chance based on the love it gets)
Omega Quintet - $4... it's $4.
Lego Marvel Vita - $5 -- have this on ps4, is vita version different to justify?
Child of Light vita - $4.5

is there anything above I should just plain out remove and not get? is isolation worth another shot for $11?

i also could grab stuff on sale next week.
and then there are some full price games i could always get -- severed, risk of rain, etc -- but buying games full price to qualify for $15 off isn't really my thing, since i likely won't get to them for awhile.

Fisty

How close to 100 has everyone gotten?

My three purchases put me at 100.87

$100.47 for me. TLG, shadow of mordor, darksiders 2, siren, 2 oreshika gods, 2 the bureau DLCs, and an OP TLOU MP weapon lol

Wanted to get some stuff that never goes on sale, since i got $100PSN for around $74

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
mgv5
re0
firewatch
alien isolation
mkx dlc
re revelations 2

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
hey guys sony wont let me add my credit card. if i use prepaid cards from amazon to make up the $100 would i still get the $15 back?

HotHamBoy

!!!!PSA!!!! FOR THOSE CONSIDERING FALLOUT 4 !!!!PSA!!!!

If you don't mind physical, Meijer stores have the disc version of Fallout 4 ON SALE for $19.99 as of today!

...sorry for those of you that already bought it this week.
160612DAD_301_T2C1_wd60l.jpg

Other games for $20 as well, like AC Syndicate.

Also note the buy 1 get 1 10% off on game store cards and the $15 off Dualshock 4 deal. Great sale!

If you still haven't spent the $100 to get $15 back you could save another $5 by getting 2x $50 cards.

hey guys sony wont let me add my credit card. if i use prepaid cards from amazon to make up the $100 would i still get the $15 back?

Yes, as long as you spend $100 in the store Sony doesn't care how the funds are added.

I had the same issue like a month ago, it solved itself magically yet keeps hitting random people all the time.

PSN cards will work fine since they add to your wallet first then get spent. I had to use them too before in order to buy things when Sony decided ALL my credit cards and PayPal was not good out of nowhere.

omg_mjd

Picked up Akiba's Trip. So far I'm not sure if I like the combat (it feels heavy/slow but the stripping mechanic is fun). The localization is superb though, and I love the setting. The load times aren't so bad either.

Undecided if I should get Child of Light and La-Mulana since I own them on Steam already.

HotHamBoy

I think I'm gonna pick up BF4 (again), but I'm getting cold feet with Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, and The Order 1886...

Of those I strongly recommend Tomb Raider. The other two will be on sale again and aren't all that great anyway. Well, DA is middling and The Order isn't worth your time.

wilflare

Picked up Akiba's Trip. So far I'm not sure if I like the combat (it feels heavy/slow but the stripping mechanic is fun). The localization is superb though, and I love the setting. The load times aren't so bad either.

Undecided if I should get Child of Light and La-Mulana since I own them on Steam already.

having quite a bit of this double-dip dilemma
PS4 is plugged nicely to the big screen. PC has a more private comfort :/

shmoglish

Well... Now i Preordered South Park and bought Mirrors Edge. Codes were cheap compared to the german store so I am ok with this.

Fonz72

Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline? Does either have fun enough single player campaign that's worth $4.79?

Hardline is supposed to be pretty good, BF4 still has a bug that deletes your save. It happened to me twice.

Still, for less than $10 just buy both.

hydruxo

Awesome sale. I was only going to get a few things but I forgot that my PS+ expires this week so I went ahead and renewed that for a year then I figured I may as well go for the promo. Bought Mordor GOTY, Unravel, Just Cause 3, and Child of Light. Pretty good haul overall!

Top Bottom