• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Grr...I already sub to FFXIV which I love. I need not be tempted by another MMO...

ESO doesn't have a sub, though. It's got an optional sub that gets you all the DLC expansions + some other stuff, but it's not at all necessary, especially before you hit endgame.

chaosaeon

Making the $15 back promotion work on preorders just seems like bait to get people to exploit it. What's stopping people from preordering 2-3 games, getting the credit, and then cancelling said preorders ? (other than morals)

Making the $15 back promotion work on preorders just seems like bait to get people to exploit it. What's stopping people from preordering 2-3 games, getting the credit, and then cancelling said preorders ? (other than morals)

US dont allow refunds on preorders I don't think

Ordered/Bought new South Park earlier before this went up, wonder if it will still count?

netguy503

can't really find enough games I'd like to buy that are on sale to put me over the edge. considering just buying mirror's edge and calling it a day

But if you looked at the ad I've been linking like crazy Mirror's Edge is just $40 ( $30 w/gcu) starting this Sunday (just a couple days away) at Best Buy and when you go in you can get a PSN card and get another 20% off. Don't do it man, save your money.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356782-best-buy-ad-619-625/

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sony must really want people to go digital because some of those PSN prices have become really outrages this whole year.

It's getting harder to stick to my mantra of only buying physical games on console.

You generally can't cancel a Pre Order on PSN because your immediately charged for the pre order (depending on your region) and if you try to be sneaky and just charge back the funds on your credit card than Sony will ban your PSN Account.

icespide

Banned
But if you looked at the ad I've been linking like crazy Mirror's Edge is just $40 ( $30 w/gcu) starting this Sunday (just a couple days away) at Best Buy and when you go in you can get a PSN card and get another 20% off. Don't do it man, save your money.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356782-best-buy-ad-619-625/

I appreciate the link but I'm all digital, I can't be bothered with discs.

I ended up grabbing resident evil zero and valkyria chronicles chronicles instead of mirror's edge though

you're charged immediately for digital preorders, and can't refund or cancel

DeviantBoi

GAF, how is AC Unity?

Was it fixed? What is some of the bad stuff still left in the game?

$15 is a good price for it. I've played all of the previous AC games, but they lost me with the shitty launch of this game and the whole parity debacle. Haven't bought an Ubi game since.

Why the heck is there only the 80$ version of Battlefield 1 available for Pre-order? If they had the 60$ version available then I'd gladly pre-order it to get that 100$ value but I'm not giving them 20$ for some incredibly stupid sounding stuff.

Probably just gonna pre-order Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mafia 3 as they seem like relatively safe bets and it'll be a lot easier to pay for the remaining games that come out later in the year with these two taken care of.
GAF, how is AC Unity?

Was it fixed? What is some of the bad stuff still left in the game?

$15 is a good price for it. I've played all of the previous AC games, but they lost me with the shitty launch of this game and the whole parity debacle. Haven't bought an Ubi game since.
They fixed it as much as they could, I suppose. It's still not perfect, some framedrops in certain locations which are sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. All in all, it's really only worth it if you're a big fan of the series.

Syndicate is an infinitely better option IMO, though the season pass isn't really worth tbh. Not even at that price.

The base game is incredible though and better than Unity in almost every way.

netguy503

Thinking of getting the Kombat Pass #2 and the new Destiny DLC. That brings me to $40. Need to spend another 60 but not sure on what

Hmm, I wonder if the South Park Season Pass will be sold seperatly. $40 is a bit much especially when we don't Know what's in it. Should I go SP Gold edition + Destiny DLC+ these sales or SP+ Destiny DLC+ these sales. What do you think is the biggest value GAF? Both will get me to $100.

netguy503

What are the chances of a Flash sale this weekend on top of this? Is this the usual weekend, or is it next weekend?

The flash sale has to be this weekend or next weekend. I'm waiting until Sunday personally when PSN cards go on sale at Best Buy to maximize my savings. I don't need anything right away.

Bluenoser

Is there a way to have your PS+ extension count towards your total purchase and get to the $100? If I try to extend my PS+ it seems to want to do it's own transaction for that, and won't recognize the other games I have in the cart,

Kill3r7

What are the chances of a Flash sale this weekend on top of this? Is this the usual weekend, or is it next weekend?

Good catch, the pattern so far this year has been the 3rd Friday each month. So it is definitely possible. You can certainly wait until the Friday to decide what to buy.

Ponn

Banned
Think i'm going to use the sale to pick up some games i've been meaning to but dragging my feet on. They will all probably go into backlog hell but *shrug*

Darksiders 2 Deathibinitive Edition
Resident Evil REmake
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Trails of Cold Steel
Megatcular Dimensional Fortress Neptunia Blooded Orphans
Bloodboner

That puts me a couple dollars over $100.

Tizoc

Is there a way to have your PS+ extension count towards your total purchase and get to the $100? If I try to extend my PS+ it seems to want to do it's own transaction for that, and won't recognize the other games I have in the cart,
Just buy a year's worth of ps plus from the psn store
It will still count
You dnt have to buy the 100 dollars all in one go

netguy503

Think i'm going to use the sale to pick up some games i've been meaning to but dragging my feet on. They will all probably go into backlog hell but *shrug*

Darksiders 2 Deathibinitive Edition
Resident Evil REmake
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Trails of Cold Steel
Megatcular Dimensional Fortress Neptunia Blooded Orphans
Bloodboner

That puts me a couple dollars over $100.

Should of used Darksiders 2:Defibrillator Edition as your joke given the laziness of the remaster/port. Right now it just looks weird.

Add money to your wallet without buying anything. Either with a credit card or by buying PSN gift cards off Amazon or somewhere else. Then use that to buy a subscription. Do not buy a plus sub card though, just a PSN card for credit. Like a $20 card or something similar.

It also doesn't have to be all in one transaction. You can do it separately as long as it's by the 21st.

bender

What time is it?
Pre-ordered The Last Guardian. Do I double dip Trails of Cold Steel to get over $100 or pre-order Horizon: Zero Dawn? I probably will not play Cold Steel any time soon as I need to play the other two Trails games first. Decisions, decisions.

DeviantBoi

They fixed it as much as they could, I suppose. It's still not perfect, some framedrops in certain locations which are sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. All in all, it's really only worth it if you're a big fan of the series.

Syndicate is an infinitely better option IMO, though the season pass isn't really worth tbh. Not even at that price.

The base game is incredible though and better than Unity in almost every way.
Thanks.

I'm hesitant now to buy it. I'll sleep on it. Might only get LEGO Batman 3.

• inFamous Second Son – $11.99
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII – $11.99
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – $4.49
  • Watch Dogs – $11.99
  • Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithfulness $59.99

Total: $100.45

There is a Love/Hate relationship between Sony and my Wallet.

Bluenoser

• inFamous Second Son – $11.99
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII – $11.99
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – $4.49
  • Watch Dogs – $11.99
  • Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithfulness $59.99

Total: $100.45

There is a Love/Hate relationship between Sony and my Wallet.

Wish I could pre-order on PSN but in Canada it's pretty much the most expensive place to do so, and I go to Amazon for the deals.

Oh well, luckily my PS+ is about to run out, so timing is perfect.

Ventara

These are some crazy good deals. Looking at these currently.

Omega Quintet – $5.99, $3.99
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – $7.49, $4.49
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed – $11.99, $9.99
Superbeat: Xonic – $15.99, $11.99

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Safe to pre-order yet for promotion? Don't want to blow money only to realize it starts tonight or something...

For clarification, the $15 back won't work for preordering the Project Diva Future Tone from the Japanese playstation store even if it is an American playstation?

Top Bottom