• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

cj_iwakura

WHAT'S WRONG?

Wave 4, you bastard. :(

I've gotten to it twice now. Almost survived! Was too chaotic to keep tabs on much. I dashed around like a mofo and got cornered by one of the big guys. Only had those two left, and two rocketers, I think.

cj_iwakura

I made it to Wave 5 just now. Died almost instantly, was way too zoned out to think on how to deal with all that firepower.

But I'm getting there! Was out of EMP grenades unfortunately.

Fighting the two serpent robo things burned me out. Took forever and a day. Eventually said screw it, grabbed a rocket launcher, and decimated one of them.

I think it's in my reach if I can get the rollers out of my way immediately like I read at GameFAQs.

cj_iwakura

Anyone have a good word of advice on a stakeout point for Wave 5? I like the barricade to the far left of the start point, but it doesn't last long, and I need those rollers dead before I take the fight to the Bogeys.

cj_iwakura

Just spent five minutes dancing with the dual-Bogey devils, stick and move stick and move. Had Red halfway down. I'm getting there. (And the whole time I was like for the love of god where is the rocket launcher)

cj_iwakura

Are you using the LFE gun to take out the rollers quickly?

Yep, I got them more or less covered, aside from when one blindsides me. It's the bogeys I'm worried about. I'd say the spread lasers get me the most. If I'd had the rocket launcher that time, I might've even killed one!

Do they do more damage when they go berserk, or just become super fast?

I'm pretty sure the last one just speeds up.

I don't remember the exact group of enemies that show up in the last wave, but are you taking out the rollers as soon as they spawn? If I remember right, the only things you should actually be fighting in that wave at all are the bogeys.

cj_iwakura

I'm pretty sure the last one just speeds up.

I don't remember the exact group of enemies that show up in the last wave, but are you taking out the rollers as soon as they spawn? If I remember right, the only things you should actually be fighting in that wave at all are the bogeys.

I get the first wave no problem, second one is harder to get.

cj_iwakura

I get to wave 5 roughly 50% of the time now, barring any stupid screwups. Any thoughts on the Lock On Laser instead of the rocket launcher? The latter's damage seems kind of pathetic, I did better during that five minute blitz just taking pot shots with the HMG.

one85x

I think I used both during my run, but the Lock-on Laser was my go to weapon for taking out the first Bogey. It just makes for some really easy damage as long as you're not splitting the damage between the two of them.

cj_iwakura

Came within an inch of killing the red bogey. I have their patterns practically down, and not letting him out of my sight was the best advice I've gotten yet, since he uses the mad damage sniper, and I rocket him the moment he charges the super laser.

Rocket Launcher
> SMG
LoL(if I manage to grab one after I'm done using the other gun on the rollers)

Sakujou

Banned
Hi there, is there some kind of summary of the story of vanquish?

Took me years to playthrough this game and yesterday i finally kicked the bogy bros their asses.

The ending movie left a strange feeling. I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

Help me out.

Siegmeyer

Well this thread hasn't seen any action for a long time, I'm hoping there's still enough of a community to help me though.

Started replaying Vanquish a couple of weeks ago, it's strange how it keeps surprising me with how goddamn good it is, even though it was my third playthrough.

Anyway, I'd never touched the Tactical Challenges until now - and it's been a real wake up call that I'm not actually very good at this game. I still haven't cleared the first challenge, I've got to the final wave numerous times but have yet to beat it.

I'm just wondering if there are any good online guides out there? Gamefaqs was a little help in reading through the enemy types, but I feel a bit lost as to what tactics to employ, what weapons are best for each enemy, how I should priortiize them etc etc.

I've made it a goal to beat Challenge 6 (if I ever get there), but just watching youtube vids of elite players is hard to follow with the speed at which they are making decisions. I'm just wondering if there are more slower paced guides/tutorials on helping me 'get gud'.

Any help much appreciated.

Challenge 1 is very hard, so don't get disappointed. Its actually 2nd hardest.

You can follow the guide to clear them here.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/503-VANQUISH/50-Tactical-Challenger

It takes lot of tries to complete each challenge. Memorize enemy patterns thoroughly and follow a procedural approch, like you kill this enemy first and that next etc. And finally you need some luck too. So be prepared to die a lot. Luckily the loading screens are super fast(on ps3 atleast).

Top Bottom