• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] God of War Wins Game of The Year

Shifty

Didn’t want to brag but yeah, did that. Forgot about MGR tho, bruv 👌.
Very nice :messenger_horns: and you're right, I totally did forget MGR. I don't think I ever went as deep as I wanted to with that one, must revisit it sometime. Some of those VR missions though :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
If you have no knowledge of how actions games work, then you are probably going to think it is ok. But again, anything would be ok for someone who doesn't know what they are seeing.

If you know how action games work, including the previous games of this series, then it is going complete garbage. Basically, the camera is too zoomed in and the enemies aren't designed with that in mind, so they will always be attacking you from a far or behind. The removal of jumping makes an already simple combat system, into an extremely poor one. The movement is bad and full of "movement assists" where Kratos or enemies slide to the nearest enemy automatically, thus removing positioning management completely. The enemies are simplistic and boring. Puzzles are non-existent, etc. The video mentions all of that.

The story is absolute shit. Kratos is a completely different character and he makes illogical decisions for drama reasons. For example:

He fights the sons of Thor that are trying to kill him and his son and let one of them live. Knowing that he is going to return. Guess what? He returns and tries to kill him again in a cutscene no less. All of that for a little "father and son" drama moment later on the story.

He saves a woman (another "NuKratos" behavior) who asked not to be saved at the end. NuKratos is now a white knight, protected her for no reason, and didn't even get laid. All of that to set her up as an antagonist in the next game.
How about no?

Last edited:
Top Bottom