• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGleaks: Orbis Unveiled! [Updated]

This is probably not as big a brainwave as I think it is, but an 8 core processor surely makes PS3 BC more likely. One (or two) cores can pretend to be the PPU, and the other six could take on the jobs of the SPUs. Right? There'd still be some work required to handle the switch from Nvidia graphics to AMD graphics, but we know that can be achieved at least partially (from the Xbox to Xbox 360 transition).

8 cores makes me much more optimistic that this thing could handle cell code. Any technical wizards care to chip in on that?

Not as much Bullshit as everything else in this thread...

Provide a counter argument?

I already said this on the other page but how does that make sense in light of the following:

The amount of money for them to switch to next gen development when they finally have a stable engine for both the 360 and PS3 would be ludicrous. I can't envision Square Enix deciding to not only commit a substantial amount of capital to rebuilding the game but also releasing it to a much smaller userbase.

Doesn't make any sense.

Also before GAF goes all nuts you really think a poster with no previous information on anything related to these systems all of a sudden has a megaton like that?

Use your thinking caps people.

LuuKyK

Moneyhats. Either way, I don't think they've moved Versus to next gen - and I haven't heard as such. I want them to, but that's beside the point.

Yeah maybe one of the big ones is paying to publish the game, who knows (if I had to guess, I would guess Sony, at least its the one that would make more sense considering target audience, etc... but you never know really). But yeah, I am skeptical of this next gen turn, I've always supported the idea that Versus will be a late gen PS3 game, and I will stick with my prediction but I would love to be proven wrong. Lets see. Exciting times ahead.

I already said this on the other page but how does that make sense in light of the following:

The amount of money for them to switch to next gen development when they finally have a stable engine for both the 360 and PS3 would be ludicrous. I can't envision Square Enix deciding to not only commit a substantial amount of capital to rebuilding the game but also releasing it to a much smaller userbase.

Doesn't make any sense.

Also before GAF goes all nuts you really think a poster with no previous information on anything related to these systems all of a sudden has a megaton like that?

Use your thinking caps people.

Bruce is correct. This exactly how I see things. Doesnt make any sense. Why sacrifice all that userbade for better overall performance, specially with a game far into develoment like Versus? Nah.

Zeal

Banned
Seriously folks, Verendus is very wrong -_-. Do not believe that shit.
And you can say this with what confidence/sources on your side? His info sounds perfectly legitimate based on what we have been seeing with Versus.

Nomura not being able to talk about it due to "things unrelated" and everyone else suddenly "forgetting" they worked on the game, what's happening with it, etc.

That's codewords for next-gen dev, man.

EDIT: To answer your question, Bruce, crystal tools being used for Versus means all the assets were originally created in super high res/poly count and then scaled down for current gen systems. I think that's why it already looked so amazing.

Now it can run in its true glory without being downgraded.

Boss Man

18 texture units
8 Render backends
Did this end up being poorly worded (x4) or is this the actual number? I missed the past ~5 hours and I wanna know what's going on and why we're still talking about stuff like "Secret Sauce" and "Versus XIII." What's the deal with these four CUs?

thuway

This has been said before, but the amount of money required to make Versus XIII next-gen would make this game NEVER profitable. It would have to be released on every SKU imaginable. Chalk it up as a fanboy delusion. It'll be a late PS3/360 title.

i-Lo

Did this end up being poorly worded (x4) or is this the actual number. I missed the past ~5 hours and I wanna know what's going on and why we're still talking about stuff like "Secret Sauce" and "Versus XIII."

It is supposed to be x4. Semantic related issue.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This has been said before, but the amount of money required to make Versus XIII next-gen would make this game NEVER profitable. It would have to be released on every SKU imaginable. Chalk it up as a fanboy delusion. It'll be a late PS3/360 title.

Luminous Engine isn't exactly done yet either.

LuuKyK

i dont see versus13 lauching on ps3 in 2014.....

Why not? Do we have to mention XII again and again? Makes perfect sense, it will probably be their 2014 big title with XIV and LR being the ones for this year. Also it is the only way to meet the sales expectations that Square probably have set for the game. Making it a launch title is sending it to die.

What does it mean " “extra” ALU as resource for compute" Does this means each one was modified and has a total of 2 ALU's? cause it before each one already had 1 ALU.

Why? He was implying he knows some secret specs that have yet to be released(werent in the vgleaks post). So what are you basing that off of? You have the same information?

Also, he did say this was assuming vgleaks numbers were correct. I have no doubt that the overall specs are credible, but they've already shown they can mess up some simple numbers like the read speeds of the bluray drive...

can someone answer these two posts plz. 2nd one was directed towards thuway the parrot, regarding the vertex and triangle draw speeds.

thuway

Hot scoops guys, SE is working on DQ 11 and it may or may not kind of be exclusive!

People stop this shit. Versus XIII is not coming out on PS4. As much as my delusions would make me want this. You might get a upres'd port, but that is it. To suggest Versus XIII has become a native Durango and Orbis title is absolutely hilarious.

LuuKyK

I wonder what GG is working on ?

I hope it's something completely different than an FPS.

A racing game or RPG would be nice.

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that they were working on an RPG, it was probably a rumor or something, but yeah, it would definitely be interesting to see how they handle other kind of game.

now that's what i call bullshit. The money they make off of merchandise in japan alone would make it profitable.

It also makes complete sense from a development standpoint. This generation was all about XIII/lighting, next gen can be all about the new protagonist in XV or w/e it'll be called. Spend a lot of time on new assets, then reuse them for XV-2 and XV(subtitle here).

BadWolf

i dont see versus13 lauching on ps3 in 2014.....

Pretty much this, there's no time. XIII-3 is late (?) this year and beyond that its next gen.

By next gen I don't mean they will start building the game from the ground up for new hardware, just that it will release on the new system(s).

Just by being on new hardware the game will get a certain boost in visual quality and launching it early in the generation will have SE start off the new gen on a good note, instead of having people bitch and moan for 2-3 years waiting for XV.

Having Versus on new hardware also leaves the door open for sequels ala XIII-2 etc.

Zeal

Banned
People stop this shit. Versus XIII is not coming out on PS4. As much as my delusions would make me want this. You might get a upres'd port, but that is it. To suggest Versus XIII has become a native Durango and Orbis title is absolutely hilarious.
Honestly, no it isn't. Not at all. Makes perfect sense, actually.

thuway

now that's what i call bullshit. The money they make off of merchandise in japan alone would make it profitable.

It also makes complete sense from a development standpoint. This generation was all about XIII/lighting, next gen can be all about the new protagonist in XV or w/e it'll be called. Spend a lot of time on new assets, then reuse them for XV-2 and XV(subtitle here).

sexuelspls

I have asked my sources and all of them are laughing at me. The reality is, the bridge with Sony and Square Enix is a shadow of itself. I know of only one third party Sony is working with, and that is Ready at Dawn? Square Enix? No. That bridge died and was burnt to the ground.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is probably not as big a brainwave as I think it is, but an 8 core processor surely makes PS3 BC more likely. One (or two) cores can pretend to be the PPU, and the other six could take on the jobs of the SPUs. Right? There'd still be some work required to handle the switch from Nvidia graphics to AMD graphics, but we know that can be achieved at least partially (from the Xbox to Xbox 360 transition).

8 cores makes me much more optimistic that this thing could handle cell code. Any technical wizards care to chip in on that?

Nah, the jaguar cores are weak sauce. They might be able to all together emulate the PPE, and maybe the CU unit could emulate the SPEs - they are much more similar than a standard CPU. Not sure if 4 CUs could manage to be 6SPEs though

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

A port is native. Typically models and textures are all done in a format that is higher than the console can actually run. Not to mention launch games are typically just higher res last gen games. I know nothing about Versus, and don't care. But it is not impossible or even very expensive from a technical level. They also could have had dev kits for a year now.

thuway

A port is native. Typically models and textures are all done in a format that is higher than the console can actually run. Not to mention launch games are typically just higher res last gen games. I know nothing about Versus, and don't care. But it is not impossible or even very expensive from a technical level. They also could have had dev kits for a year now.

My point is, Versus XIII Was designed from ground up with PS3 in mind. Not Orbis/Durango. Fanboy delusions are making you all hot for nothing.

Wynnebeck

Banned
sexuelspls

I have asked my sources and all of them are laughing at me. The reality is, the bridge with Sony and Square Enix is a shadow of itself. I know of only one third party Sony is working with, and that is Ready at Dawn? Square Enix? No. That bridge died and was burnt to the ground.

Not saying that I don't believe you but this statement is starting to become bullshit. It's just a blanket statement that can be used as a vehicle to say whatever shit you want and it's been thrown around here way too often lately.(Not directed towards you thuway. Just in general) Next you got people giving "rumors" out like candy and then other people coming in calling bullshit and no one is clarifying anything. I'll be so happy when these consoles get unveiled so we can stop this crazy ass circus. As for your sources, you say they are laughing but are any of them involved with Sony or SE in some way? You don't have to answer but some indication would be helpful.

szaromir

Banned
Square Enix Japan has put up a massive show of incompetence these past few years, I dpn't understand why people are enthusiastic over whatever they're pretending to work on.

jett

D-Member
It's a new IP for definite. I don't want to say more than that because we're only a few months away and it'll be much more impressive to have a full reveal. It'd be unfair to GG, and this is going to be a really huge event for them. Plus I know very little, and it's no point putting it out there. It' be more detrimental than anything else. I can tell you it's not like Killzone.

I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep.

lol.

Zeal

Banned

Agreed, I already posted this but ill say it again. Using crystal tools and luminous for Versus allowed them to render all of the games assets in a very high fidelity and then downgrade them for current systems. I remember this was even stated in an interview about development but id have to pull it up.

Anyway, flipping the switch to enable the high level assets in their native res would be painless for development. The game would simply run as it was meant to look originally.

My point is, Versus XIII Was designed from ground up with PS3 in mind. Not Orbis/Durango. Fanboy delusions are making you all hot for nothing.

and twilight princess was designed with the gc in mind and it released on the wii with functional motion controls. Games switch engines too. And I like how quickly your "contacts" respond to laugh at you. It's like they have nothing to do but answer your questions.

LuuKyK

pretty sure they added the luminous lighting system to versus13, and that was a long time ago

Source?

Also:

Luminous Engine isn't exactly done yet either.

How would they implement something not even finished yet? Doesnt make sense to me.

You asked them all in the last 5 minutes?

This has got to be some sort of performance art.

To be fair if he is close to his source, it takes like less than a minute to send a message to someone and get a reply.

Top Bottom