• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy XV (renamed FFVersus) PS4 Exclusive. Sony co-developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
With the jRPG market getting even smaller I don't understand why S-E should stop supporting multi-platform when all their major IPs are clearly multiplatform today (FF, TR, THIEF, DEUSEX, HITMAN ecc.). Doesn't make much sense... I'm actually expecting the next big FF to be also on PC Windows <.<'

Diablos54

So I have to wait until after Verses for a new mainline FF game? Fuck that, why haven't S-E got Matsuno to write/co-direct FF XV/FFXVI before this!?

MCD

With the jRPG market getting even smaller I don't understand why S-E should stop supporting multi-platform when all their major IPs are clearly multiplatform today (FF, TR, THIEF, DEUSEX, HITMAN ecc.). Doesn't make much sense...

Actually, it makes perfect sense to me.

FF lost the appeal once it went multiplatform and you know it baby.

daveo42

Banned
So what year can we expect this?

Would SE risk releasing such a game near a new console launch? Surely the numbers wouldn't be there?

Launch window? They've been working on this (Sony) since 2011. If they miss launch window, it'll be a missed opportunity.

this is one game franchise I could honestly see die and I would be happy. I know many love the FF games, I just am not excited by them...so this rumored leak does little to get me excited about the PS4. Just a game I wont play on the PS4.

Every FF game has its own style and universe. If youre not interested dont post. Nobody cares.

Spinluck

Well in that case, I'm not buying this.

Although, there is a possibility, and that random "Please Be Excited" statement after the Square tech demo has me thinking.

EDIT: Can someone refresh my memory on the HD towns joke? I remember knowing what it meant at some point, lol. Does it have to do with the FFXIII trilogy?

Zoe

With the jRPG market getting even smaller I don't understand why S-E should stop supporting multi-platform when all their major IPs are clearly multiplatform today (FF, TR, THIEF, DEUSEX, HITMAN ecc.). Doesn't make much sense... I'm actually expecting the next big FF to be also on PC Windows <.<'

Because going to the 360 worked so well for all of the other J-RPG's?

The thing SE struggled with most is the transition to HD. I'm guessing Sony will help on the tech, assets and visual development side of things. But who knows.

yea I guess they can give it to Polyphony Digital, they will take six weeks to model one town

nib95

Banned
With the jRPG market getting even smaller I don't understand why S-E should stop supporting multi-platform when all their major IPs are clearly multiplatform today (FF, TR, THIEF, DEUSEX, HITMAN ecc.). Doesn't make much sense...

FXIII sold considerably more on the PS3 than it did on the 360. Double the 360 in the US, and much more than that else where (in Japan 360 version sales were almost non existent). If they can still recoup that loss being exclusive, plus get development aid/funding, and put less strain of the development studio in not having to worry about a port, it doesn't sound all that implausible.

I remember when Final Fantasy XIII being on 360 was a megaton. Then I played it. Still, if they can pull something out of the bag and put out a Final Fantasy that rivals the SNES-PS1 games, it's a hell of a coup for Sony. If it's another FFXIII, they really should have spent their money elsewhere.

Amir0x

Banned
I hope so much that they really expand the concepts in Versus XIII. It sounded like it had a really expansive world, like everything was the polar opposite of the shit game design decisions on FFXIII. I don't hope for much these days out of the series but here's finger crossing that they break their trend..

sony-playstation-2-3.jpeg

And what is Microsoft doing?

They are placing all their focus on Kinect and ads for the nextbox.

noobasuar

Banned
If anything I hope this leads to more third party exclusives between platform holders.

Fanboy wars arent very much fun when both systems have 99% of the same games.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Actually, it makes perfect sense to me.

FF lost the appeal once it went multiplatform and you know it baby.

-.-'

And here I thought XIII wasn't appreciated for other reasons. Instead is the Xbox 360 version that condamned it!!!

Then: it's a masterpiece on the wrong console! (lol)

B.K.

It makes sense. That would explain why Square Enix won't say anything about the game and won't even let Famitsu publish the screens that they show them.

I first wonder how many copies of FFXIII sold on the Xbox 360, worldwide.

I then wonder how much it would cost for Sony to co-develop it, making it exclusive.

I finally wonder if my first wonder outweighs my second wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom