• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy XV (renamed FFVersus) PS4 Exclusive. Sony co-developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

REAL TALK: Is Final Fantasy still a big name any more? Does it hold any attraction outside these kind of websites like it use to? I don't really find it to be an exciting
re
announcement like I would have 3 or 5 years ago.

Man, Japanese development is a cluster fuck in the HD realms. It's geat that Sony are helping for the (hopefully good of the game) but wow, looks bad on SE and how incompetent it really makes them look. Not that they need any more of a helping hand in that regards...

Bodes "well" for TLG to move to next gen too then perhaps?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
If Sony and SE had an agreement for VS, they might have just renegotiated it to transfer the work to the PS4 with some help from Sony. These are Japanese companies, maybe there is some honor thing I don't understand.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Wow. I hope this is true. If so, Ps4 day 1.

I remember when I said "Versus? Ps3 day-one". So many years passed lol.
Maybe more like: ps4 dayone when the game comes out!

PS: I still hope the game will be out on all major consoles + PC market.

Sony putting down moneyhats like they did for FFVII back in the day. Hopefully this game will be as groundbreaking as VII was in its day. I am hype.

Servbot24

Banned
I would be content if this were true. Guidance from other studios would be potentially great too, I feel like the franchise would be fairly easy for anyone to fix except for SE.

nib95

Banned
a ps3 exclusive still being exclusive on a sony system how is this big news?

I think everyone and their mother assumed Versus would be multiplatform in the end. And it being renamed to FF XV implies it could be a completely different game and story arch.

Hunter S.

Final Fantasy lost it's brand power for me this gen. HUGE fall from grace. If it Sony can improve it I am glad it will be exclusive.

Slime

Banned
Sounds like bullshit, but then again it'd be consistent with the rest of SE's bad decisions lately, so who knows.

REAL TALK: Is Final Fantasy still a big name any more? Does it hold any attraction outside these kind of websites like it use to? I don't really find it to be an exciting
re

A new numbered FF will always be a big deal.

offshore

Believable, but not sure what the point is. Sony would do better trying to secure more important IP that the West actually cares about; and for S-E, giving up what were not insignificant Xbox sales doesn't really make sense.

Vire

I swear Sony is playing mindfuck games.

I don't think Versus and The Last Guardian are ever coming out. Exclusive to PS3 turns into exclusive to PS4, 5, 6, 7...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I'll believe both of these games when they are on store shelves.

I don't think I wanna walk into the Sony forums when this become true, probs blow up =P
On that note I feel sorry for those who brought a PS3 awaiting this game XD
Hopefully this mean there's some kind of Vita version =P
This is the real MEGATON: We are going to play a main FF NOT directed by Toriyama!
headbanging-bear.gif

Soriku

Exclusives make no sense. They need to die.

I like exclusives. It feels like there's more focus and effort put in them than multiplat titles.

That said, I'll take this rumor with a grain of salt judging by that AC rumor that was false.

Diablos54

I hope so much that they really expand the concepts in Versus XIII. It sounded like it had a really expansive world, like everything was the polar opposite of the shit game design decisions on FFXIII. I don't hope for much these days out of the series but here's finger crossing that they break their trend..
The hope you have will make it so much worse when you're disappointed (Which unless I get a DQ VIII like overword, I will be).

nampad

I hate it when games move to another generation even though I'm probably gonna buy the PS4 on day 1.

Renaming it into a mainline entry and keeping it exclusive would be really big.

Rootbeer

Banned
So... they've been working on it ALL this time... maybe it could actually be a launch title? That would definitely ensure complete unavailability of any PS4 consoles for months both in the west as well as the east.

Better pre-order that shit on day 1. I know I am!

Sid

I would like to know what prompted them to leak this today since they were sitting on this info for a month.

Darryl

Banned
re

it's probably about as big of a name in the West as Tomb Raider is now, sort of on the mid-tier. i think this would be a shitty thing to moneyhat overall, they could do much better with the amount of money it would cost.

So I have to wait until after Verses for a new mainline FF game? Fuck that, why haven't S-E got Matsuno to write/co-direct FF XV/FFXVI before this!?

A Matsuno directed game would have adult characters, with adult motivations. This does not fit in with SE's vision of androgynous space fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom