• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man, says DA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I will never, ever understand the lack of rational people like these racist pigs have. Okay, clearly they were out for blood, but did they seriously think they good just drive away and get away with it? Much less in broad daylight next to an off-ramp with plenty of witnesses?

Christ, not to say there isn't racism in bigotry present in all parts of the country, because there most definitely is, but I'm seriously getting to the point now where whenever I read story like this, I pretty much assume it happened in either Mississippi or Alabama. Parts of those two States appear to be breeding grounds for white-supremacists these days, it's sad.

Massive condolences to the family of that guy, I think it really hurts us as a country whenever something like this happens. It's terrible that some people are still stuck in the 1800's when it comes to a racial-equality.

Yasae

Banned
Dude Abides said:
The honuh of the great state of Mississippi was impugned by assorted Yankees and scalawags, good suh. That will not stand.
See kids? This is called trolling. Add nothing to the discussion because you drown people in your own ignorant rhetoric and make fun of them while doing it.

Other people have gotten banned for this, but not today I guess!

Dead Man

Measley said:
We were talking about Futoro's posts this entire time. Next time, read the discussion before you decide to troll.
Hey, that was classy. Did you actually read any of my posts, or do you just like to throw out accusations of trolling when people disagree with you?

Dude Abides

Banned
Yasae said:
See kids? This is called trolling. Add nothing to the discussion because you drown people in your own ignorant rhetoric and make fun of them while doing it.

Other people have gotten banned for this, but not today I guess!

Lighten up, Francis. All the faux outrage in the world won't bring this guy back.

2poy3iq_th.gif

I can't even get stirred up.

kylej

Banned
Still amazes me that a skin color (and minute differences in facial features) can cause all of this. Black people are people. Asian people are people. People who hate blacks or jews or gays, etc have way way way too much time on their hands.

BobDylan

I couldnt imagine if I were part of the victims family. I would be compelled to run over each person who was involved.

Tenck

Don't know if it's right to bring up such a sad thread up again, but first post is updated.

If convicted, the teens can face the death penalty.

Dram

Miss. Teen Pleads Not Guilty In Black Man's Death

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/miss-teen-pleads-not-guil_n_988962.html

JACKSON, Miss. — A white Mississippi teenager accused of running down a black man with a truck pleaded not guilty to capital murder on Friday.

Deryl Dedmon appeared before Hinds County Circuit Judge Jeff Weill, who set a Jan. 9 trial date and told prosecutors to inform the court by Nov. 1 if they plan to seek the death penalty.

Dedmon initially was charged with murder, but the charge was upgraded to capital murder when authorities said they uncovered evidence that Anderson was robbed. Capital murder – a murder committed along with another felony – is punishable by death or life in prison without parole.

Anderson's family members say that because of their Christian beliefs, they don't want anyone to face execution.

Jackson police initially charged another teenager, John Aaron Rice, with murder. A judge reduced that charge to simple assault after a detective testified Rice left the scene before Anderson was run over. Rice has been free on $5,000 bond.

smurfx

get some go again
Dram said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/miss-teen-pleads-not-guil_n_988962.html

JACKSON, Miss. — A white Mississippi teenager accused of running down a black man with a truck pleaded not guilty to capital murder on Friday.

Deryl Dedmon appeared before Hinds County Circuit Judge Jeff Weill, who set a Jan. 9 trial date and told prosecutors to inform the court by Nov. 1 if they plan to seek the death penalty.

Dedmon initially was charged with murder, but the charge was upgraded to capital murder when authorities said they uncovered evidence that Anderson was robbed. Capital murder – a murder committed along with another felony – is punishable by death or life in prison without parole.

Anderson's family members say that because of their Christian beliefs, they don't want anyone to face execution.

Jackson police initially charged another teenager, John Aaron Rice, with murder. A judge reduced that charge to simple assault after a detective testified Rice left the scene before Anderson was run over. Rice has been free on $5,000 bond.
yeah i really wonder if they always believed this.

Ploid 3.0

I live way too close to this. Never thought anything like this could happen in Jackson. No where is safe.

MS. Gaf here. I'm in a probably interesting spot now but I think I'm invisible enough. I need a dog and a Tracey Morgan entourage.

smurfx

get some go again
Kabouter said:
This is the victim's family, I think you might have missed that.
oh crap i misread that. well then that changes things. they should give that kid life then if the family wishes for it.

PSGames

Dram said:

What about all the kids that participated/witnessed the beating? Shouldn't they get some time?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kabouter said:
This is the victim's family, I think you might have missed that.

He misread it because the shitty article just randomly mentions Anderson without saying who the fuck Anderson is or even giving a first name. Jesus Christ.

Kabouter

Timedog said:
He misread it because the shitty article just randomly mentions Anderson without saying who the fuck Anderson is or even giving a first name. Jesus Christ.
The linked article makes no such error.

When he is convicted, he should be sentenced to 5 minutes alone in a room with me. That video made me fucking rage when I saw it.

nateeasy

Banned
Throw him in the scummiest, most disgusting jail for life, and on release, execute him. Absolutely disgusting.

STARKVILLE, Mississippi (Reuters) - A white Mississippi teenager pleaded guilty on Wednesday to fatally running over a man with a truck because he was black, and received a life prison sentence for a crime the presiding judge said left "a great stain" on the southern state.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-mississippi-teen-gets-life-sentence-black-mans-232536717.html

Dram

Three men plead guilty to hate crimes charges in fatal rundown of James Anderson

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57403331-504083/three-men-plead-guilty-to-hate-crimes-charges-in-fatal-rundown-of-james-anderson/

Three white men involved in the beating and fatal rundown of James Craig Anderson, a black Mississippi man, pleaded guilty Thursday to federal hate crimes. The three admitted to a months-long pattern of brutal harassment against blacks.

Twenty-year-old Dylan Butler, 19-year-old Deryl Dedmon and 19-year-old John Aaron Rice entered the pleas in federal court to conspiracy to commit a hate crime and to committing a hate crime. Authorities said the investigation continues and there could be more arrests.

The three are from the town of Brandon, a Jackson suburb, and were accused of going to the majority-black capital city on numerous occasions to harass or assault black people.

The harassment began in April 2011, culminating in the death of Anderson, a 47-year-old car plant worker, on June 26.

Prosecutor Sheldon Beer said the three harassed or assaulted black people who they thought were homeless or intoxicated. Victims were chosen because they thought they would not tell police, authorities said.

Each was charged with the same two crimes. They face up to five years in prison on the conspiracy charge and up to life on the hate crime charge. Sentencing is scheduled for June 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom